✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the new song 'Paradise'?

rainplay

Nobody has something against posting opinions.

But most of the "newbies" claimed just their opinion. You created your Backstreet Boys thread and "LOLed" all the time. This is RIDICOLOUS! And Coldplay doesn't deserve that, no matter how you like their new style, or I should say: The Not-Parachutes-Coldplay.

Look at me. Firstly I didn't like it but I just stated it and accept it as a part of Coldplay . I said that nevertheless I don't like the song I have to accept it in a way as a kind of the development.

Your answer here shows very well how annoying you are. Sorry, I have to say this. For me, all the fangirls/boys in this forum aren't as bothersome as you.

I'm definitely not a fanboy but I have to admit that I'm just grateful that Coldplay doesn't look on single fans who wanted them to produce another Everythings not lost, or Clocks, or Sparks. I'm happy how they develop, and I will accept some mistakes on this brave route.

You started to attack me. clearly I posted in that thread that I created it to stay away from fangirl threads to not hurt their feelings. It's not my fault everyone starts to cry when people post opinions about coldplay.

You're saying that this song is a 9 and all the other songs is a 10? of course you're being a blind fangirl.

Please stop mentioning my name in threads I don't even care about. I was linked to this thread for a friend. If you have some problem with me just add me to your ignore list.

And now that we're posting our opinions I can say that you're being an idiot and seem to be a mindless fan, at the same level as the girls who only care about how hot Guy Berryman is

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen here so I don't have to repeat myself a billion times..

We don't have anything against people liking the new song ok, what we do have a problem is when people can't take criticism on their favourite band. They have to create so many godamn threads because they cannot stand it if somebody talks bad about their favourite band. They label us as 'untrue' fans like you have to love all their stuff to be classed as a fan of the band it's just ridiculous and it's getting really very old. They say that we are 'attacking' them and 'mocking' them we're all entitled to our opinions.

HOLY FUCK I HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN YOURS?!?!?! IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!

Calm down brah. Dropping the f-bomb and using caps isn't going to change my or others' opinions. I'll still buy the album because I highly respect Coldplay and love them to death, but I still feel that this track sucks. I understand it's a concept album and that each track tells a part of a story, but Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is also a concept album, and "Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2" is considered one of the greatest rock singles of all time, and people don't need to listen to the entire album to know that. The only version of PoC we've all heard is the live version, and that almost entirely bases itself on regular instrumentals (the rest is that Chinese-esque sound). We don't know what Rihanna is doing in the song. All Chris said in the interview is that she is featured on the track, but they've "made her sound different". For all we know, she could be singing a verse with Chris in her "Russian Roulette"-style voice. LOL and paralleling Coldplay with dubstep is a completely invalid argument. Bass is the foundation for dubstep. Synthesizers aren't for Coldplay.

You're right, actually you have a valid opinion. I know bass is the foundation for Dubstep, but synth and Jonny are MX's biggest contribution. Hitting out at the synth is seriously stupid when you know it's gonna be there. As for swearing so much, I was really pissed that NO ONE likes the new song. People honestly prefer ETDIAWF?! C'mon. seriously. that song was the worst coldplay song ever. *IMO*

New single brings tension on the board, eh? Nevertheless, guys, let's be mature grown-ups and stop both fangirl craziness and groundless hatred.

So, I gave it a THREE. Generally, I think that this is a rather weak, repetitive song, with same recurring sound and a bit annoying lyrics. It has a bright side to it - strings are actually nice, guitar snippet is good, and I really liked the beat, I think it was an interesting move - to combine hip-hop beats with strings and piano. What disappointed me was Chris' work. His lyrics are just bad. I don't know how to justify it. Usually I listen carefully to lyrics and I like to understand what the artist want to say and relate to that. This song does not touch the strings of my heart. "She was just a girl, she expected the world oooooh ooooh" what's that about? I mean, seriously?

Really, comparing to lyrics of Coldplay's old friends Elbow, for example, it sounds childish and plain. It becomes worse when you compare this song to Coldplay's previous albums. I mean Viva (song) was rather poppy as one might say, but it had more than 5 words in it. Actually it had rather meaningful lyrics and interesting metaphors. That things we cannot find neither on ETIAW nor Paradise.

And I didn't like Chris' vocals on that. He seems to have adopted new manner of singing the last word of the sentence - very annoying.

I'm very upset. I remember giving ETIAW 7 or something, but it had an original blue-grassy riff and I thought they've done this one song as a cheesy dance-y sumer hit. But whole album this way? Are you kidding me?

If it was any other band, I'd just left the board without bothering to write something or to listen to the song. But this is Coldplay - they are very talented musicians, capable of making great music. And maybe if more of us will show dissatisfaction with the direction they're taking - I mean cheesy lyrics and poppish sound - the bigger chance there is they will do something about it.

I really dig it :)

The lyrics aren't the best (though not as bad as ETIAW), but I'm a fan of the atypical composition, and the chorus is explosive and incredily catchy. I'm really interested to see how all these hip-hop influences pan out. Seems to work with Paradise.

Thank you. someone with common sense.

*IMO*

PS always say 'IMO' otherwise some idiot will come and reply and say how he or she doesn't agree etc. etc.

Okay here I go.

When I first heard the song I liked the swirling begininning of it. It's like the rising action of a book plot.The violins just added to that and to me there was a sense of urgency in the song. And then the bit of dubstep walks in. At this point I seriously felt like I was in another world. Call me crazy but that's how I feel. The ooh's are very X&Y-ish and I don't mind it. The beginning of the lyrics aren't bad but further into the song I get lost in the lyrics. It doesn't focus on this girl and it goes into these weird As for the para-para, it didn't irritate me unlike some people since I sort of expected it after reading someone's comment. Overall I really like the song!

...4... what´s that? What happen with Coldplay ... I give a 4 but next to a 3 .... I´m disapointed ... I´m sad to say it´s like a soup!!! it´s definitely not the way I expected ... What´s the f***k guys? for me it´s not Coldplay, I don´t like their new way now ... they´re tooooooooo pop now ... I understand you, all the people, who like the new song and all the new stuff but you could understand the people who doesn´t like the song too and be more open minded for some!!!! Hey wake up people you´re not alone and we have to accept the other one and be cool to share our opinion and ideas ;) ... and thanks god we are free to like or not a song!!!! I like Coldplay, I´m a fan and I´ll see how the things going on for the next years ;) they are soooo special for me, I know them since Parachutes, I saw them 6 times live from AROBTTH Tour to VLV Tour and for me the best Coldplay era is AROBTTH. //ok I´m waiting for some who will say but AROBTTH it´s over and they have to go on and find other ways ... and for me the new way of Coldplay is not wonderfull ... that´s all. So enjoy for some people who like it, the new Coldplay way :P hope to meet you when they´ll do other stuff in a way we could meet us ;)

We are free to like or unlike F***K

Here are my thoughts. I've been listening throughout the day, so I have listened to it a good 15 times or so. I really do love the beginning and the build-up to the verse. I don't really even mind the dubsteppy synth or the hip-hop beats. I actually like them. It's pretty cool. The sound is ethereal and immense and I really enjoy it. I just don't like Chris's lyrics. I was expecting so much more lyrically from a song that starts with "When she was a girl she expected the world but it flew away from her reach so she ran away in her sleep". To me, it seems like there's a whole lot of story that could have been explored in this song, but no, just a lot of reapeating. I'm fine with the Para para paradise to a certain amount of repeats, but this song just has it one too many times. Instrumental - 8, Lyrics and vocals - 4, so I gave it a 6 all together. I think that this song is weaker than ETIAW. I've actually come to love ETAIW. It grew on me quite a lot in the last few months. Maybe this song will grow on me. I don't know. I still have hope that Mylo Xyloto is harboring some freaking awesome tunes that we haven't heard yet. I also know that I like all the other songs I've heard so far. I'm hoping that "Up in Flames" and "Don't Let it Break Your Heart" are good. I'm going to hear them on Friday at ACL.

I love the song. I always wanted to hear a song like this. I have very intense dreams where I do things that I can not do in the physical world, such as being a good singer, building houses with my mind, doing art work with my mind, surfing for miles, and many other things. I also have bad dreams that I don't like, and I wake myself up out of them.

I gave it an 8. I thought the violin beginning was really pretty, then there's a short part between that and the lyrics which people aren't liking, but I thought it was actually really awesome the second it came on. I just started smiling once it happened. But the rest of the song, although different, sounded just like what I'd expect a Coldplay song to sound like.

I am rather indifferent to hip hop. But I hate hip hop motives in my favourite band. It's not a music, it's a cheap money making device. Since Chris married, become a millionaire and happy father his music lacks nerve and emotions. And it's just sad.

I loved it from the first listen. It's an absolute production masterpiece. I do wish there was more elaborative lyrical content, but that's my only issue. I don't understand why anyone thinks this is "pop." It's miles from it. If anything it's an continuation of the sound they created with 'Viva.' This is a direct decendant of "Lost!" and "Yes." But it's growth. I love "classic" Coldplay as much as the rest of you, but they've been there and done that. No good band has EVER made the same album twice. Coldplay are striving to be different and go places they've never been. And they are! But clearly they haven't forgotten about who they are. This is distinctly Coldplay without actually being a carbon copy of their previous work. If you don't like "Paradise" because it just doesn't appeal to you, that's FINE. If you don't like it cause you think they're going "pop" ...well then you're just way off. Let the band evolve, please.

Dave

To me, it seems like there's a whole lot of story that could have been explored in this song, but no, just a lot of reapeating.

Surely this song's just a part of the story that we'll get in full on the album? I understand what you're saying, but I really get a sense with Paradise that not only does it fit into the big picture on the album it will live as well. For me that's one of the most exciting things about it, they've just given us a taste.

I think that this song is weaker than ETIAW. I've actually come to love ETAIW. It grew on me quite a lot in the last few months. Maybe this song will grow on me. I don't know....

I don't follow you at all here, maybe you should come back when you've given Paradise as long as you have ETiaW (or at least more than 12 or so hours) and make your call then!

I can't decide which mark I should give so I just give you my feeling about the song, for what it's worth :D

I heard the song a few times and it's different!

It's catchy, I like the intro, the end (when the guitar comes in), the chorus with the choir (it really sticks into your brain!) but something's bothering me :\ I don't know what it is, maybe the hip-hop beats :shrug:

Okay here I go.

When I first heard the song I liked the swirling begininning of it. It's like the rising action of a book plot.The violins just added to that and to me there was a sense of urgency in the song. And then the bit of dubstep walks in. At this point I seriously felt like I was in another world. Call me crazy but that's how I feel. The ooh's are very X&Y-ish and I don't mind it. The beginning of the lyrics aren't bad but further into the song I get lost in the lyrics. It doesn't focus on this girl and it goes into these weird As for the para-para, it didn't irritate me unlike some people since I sort of expected it after reading someone's comment. Overall I really like the song!

YES! You're my best friend. :D

The strings are my favorite part. Listening to this for a second time...I love the strings. I just love them. Because they WORK. Some artists don't know how to use them. I wouldn't say it's like an X & Y song, but the strings are kind of used like they were on that album. Only this time, to a greater extent.