✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of the new song 'Paradise'?

rainplay

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lotus Flower was WAYYY better than this. Lotus Flower's LYRICS were amazing. The lyrics from what we've heard of this MX era are arguably mediocre. It was one of the only songs from that album that I enjoy, however, seeing I found King of Limbs in general to be incredibly boring for my tastes; and I'm a big Radiohead fan as well.

Lotus Flower was WAYYY better than this. Lotus Flower's LYRICS were amazing. The lyrics from what we've heard of this MX era are arguably mediocre. It was one of the only songs from that album that I enjoy, however, seeing I found King of Limbs in general to be incredibly boring for my tastes; and I'm a big Radiohead fan as well.

i agree with u to a certain extent, but, everyone knows that making good lyrics is not really the area of expertise of chris martin (in my opinion) :)

Guest Osaka Sun

You know what, I really don't care anymore.

This song should an embarrassment to every longtime Coldplay fan on the planet. This is coming from someone who loved Viva la Vida, enough to consider it even better than AROBTTH.

Honestly, it's made Every Tear bearable.

I like the song -- it's catchy -- but I can understand fans' frustrations and anger toward it as well. It's how I felt (and still feel) about "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" (and HOW 'every teardrop a waterfall' wind up in this song as well?!). And even though I like this, it still feels like they could do better. Some of it is definitely an expectations thing -- you expect them to do better or do things in a certain way, so you're disappointed. But there's the opposite too, as in, "I wouldn't even give this song the time of day if it weren't by Coldplay." And I'm feeling a lot of the latter with what I've heard off this album so far.

You know what, I really don't care anymore.

This song should an embarrassment to every longtime Coldplay fan on the planet. This is coming from someone who loved Viva la Vida, enough to consider it even better than AROBTTH.

Honestly, it's made Every Tear bearable.

You know what? I don't think so. I don't care if you like the song, I love it. Maybe it doesn't sound like Oldplay, but more like Coldplay. Get over it. I love the strings part and everything in it.

There are people on this forum that annoy me so much by saying: "this is a disgrace", "this should have been better", "this is not what I expected"...

Just because you didn't like the song, doesn't mean you have to talk sh*t about it. You sound like babies when you do it. I respect your opinion, but I don't really wanna hear another AROBTTH or something. Something new from them like this is what I wanted.

Embrace the Coldplay or stick to Oldplay. Or both, like me

I can't believe, that they are doing some boring, regular pop stuff now. It is totally overproduced and the good melody is blown away with those Brian Eno drumloops-string-chorus-synt-shit. I think they should get rid off him. I am very disappointed, even after the 10th time listening. A good Song presented in a very bad style. Boys, remember your own style of intelligent and special music!

You know what? I don't think so. I don't care if you like the song, I love it. Maybe it doesn't sound like Oldplay, but more like Coldplay. Get over it. I love the strings part and everything in it.

There are people on this forum that annoy me so much by saying: "this is a disgrace", "this should have been better", "this is not what I expected"...

Just because you didn't like the song, doesn't mean you have to talk sh*t about it. You sound like babies when you do it. I respect your opinion, but I don't really wanna hear another AROBTTH or something. Something new from them like this is what I wanted.

Embrace the Coldplay or stick to Oldplay. Or both, like me

WORD. You have to be open to changing...I love every track from safety (ode to a deoderant is ok) to Paradise, changing is good. It would be boring if coldplay did five AROBTTH albums. Of course they want to do new things.. I love it. Mylo Xyloto is going to be stunning.

I don't get the big deal of it not sounding like their old stuff, I think VLV and SS sound less like Yellow than Paradise. But anyways I gave it a nine, I'm not to big on the "para para paradise" part, but it's good, the song is definently amazing. It was worth getting up in the middle of night to listen to and download :awesome:

I think for their next album they should do two things.

1) Only allow acoustic guitar, piano, drums, electric guitar and bass guitar.

2) Fire Brian Eno. I'm not a huge fan of the direction. I really didn't like VLV at all, I am liking this album a lot more, but still - it is all a bit too pop-y.