✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

It's clear: "Paradise" - made for new, not old fans

tauiwi

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. This isnt what I was expecting...

It's a great song, but it's not for Coldplay.

Chris Brown perhaps? Bruno Mars? Throw in some slang and stuff you hear on pop stuff today like "I want your booty", "paradise is right here baby, I can give you what you need", and you got a hit on pop radio!

Sometimes I think the Coldplay fans are like.... not consistent with the band... like if some fans have a really different mind of the band... I mean, if you know the way Chris and the guys work their talents and the way to make music, I think their evolution is SO predictable... I mean the direccion... because they definitely know how to surprise.

I'm happy and proud of Coldplay.[/color]

Thank you for actually making sense amongst all of these moaning idiots, i agree with you completely about their direction.

Bloody hell, why dont you all stop moaning like little brats and actually wait a little for the song to make a greater impression on you instead of saying things that dont even make sense?

Yes, it does sound slightly more modern (not commercial, something that you can all too easily mistake today) than their other material, but thats a consequence of redeveloping their own sound.

What'd you expect them to do? regurgitate what they have already done over the last 12 years?? GET REAL.

Paradise in its own right is a masterpiece, and I think that the rest of the album will be even more of a true work of modern art. You go now and even listen to last few seconds of Paradise and try and i dare you to not feel as though you a being serenaded a lullaby by Chris Martin himself. Thats the beauty of this song, and (for those who say that they're changing in the wrong direction) moving people is what they have always been best at; something that they are evidently still doing now.

(and dont even come back and deny it, because then youll really look like idiots)

FUCKING THIS.

I hand you all the internets I have. Thank you for saying this.

If you truely think that this song is 'crappy', then i really cannot imagine first of all what your definition of a 'great' song is

All their other songs that don't contain random and repeating lyrics like WA-WA-WA or PARA-PARA-PARA. For example, take a simple song like "Sleeping Sun". It's just as catchy, it doesn't need any OOOOOAAAHHs in the background, the lyrics are fun and not as weird as the new song's ones and it's better than this new stuff. You see I love Moving to Mars. I love the sound of it. It's beautiful and meaningful and MOST IMPORTANT _NOT_ some weird wanna-be-pop-song :|

and second of all why you are even on this forum as a 'fan' of Coldplay at all.

:confused:

LOL shall I really answer that?

Well okay I will:

Because I have an opinion. So because I don't like ONE song of Coldplay I'm not a fan anymore? Yeah whatever.

All their other songs that don't contain random and repeating lyrics like WA-WA-WA or PARA-PARA-PARA. For example, take a simple song like "Sleeping Sun". It's just as catchy, it doesn't need any OOOOOAAAHHs in the background, the lyrics are fun and not as weird as the new song's ones and it's better than this new stuff. You see I love Moving to Mars. I love the sound of it. It's beautiful and meaningful and MOST IMPORTANT _NOT_ some weird wanna-be-pop-song :|

LOL shall I really answer that?

Well okay I will:

Because I have an opinion. So because I don't like ONE song of Coldplay I'm not a fan anymore? Yeah whatever.

I applaud to You.

Seriously, fangirls and fangirl boys, chill the fuck out.

^ What makes me even more sad is that in an interview they said the album was an acoustic one in the beggining :confused:

C'mon, that was in 2009 when they had barely recorded any of the fifth album. For musicians especially things change, not as quickly as they used too, but they still do.

I too initially thought it would be as they said, but from their point of view, that was then and this is now. If they would have rushed an album like that out right after that last one it would have been a waste of time in the end for everyone.

C'mon, that was in 2009 when they had barely recorded any of the fifth album. For musicians especially things change, not as quickly as they used too, but they still do.

I too initially thought it would be as they said, but from their point of view, that was then and this is now. If they would have rushed an album like that out right after that last one it would have been a waste of time in the end for everyone.

Oh well, but they could at least kept a little bit of that in their new songs.

I'll shut up now and wait until the album comes out. Maybe the songs we haven't heard yet will make up for these... rather bad singles :|

I'm a Coldplay fan since Parachutes ... and I love the new era, and I LOVE Paradise.... I have 24 years old, and I actually like timberlake and one republic... so I think you shouldn't put a so sharp tittle to this thread because is a totally fake.

.[/color]

there's nothing fake about this thread

Coldplay should read these forums now,they will freak out,because the fans really arent pleased about the singles.

I don't think they care too much what we say :lol:

Most of my friends like Paradise and ETIAW (And,when my friends like a Coldplay song,that is a bad,bad sing lol ) They have ETIAW in the mobile phone,along with Danza Kuduro,Alejandro and some reggeaeton shit.

Are they the new "fans" that the band is looking for? Because if they expect to get any benefit from them...well,they are not going to buy the album,lol

I agree with every thing you said. Sleeping Sun kinda has "sounds" like "do do do do" and "wahhohhh" (hard to put onomonopeia in words), but I get what your saying.

Moving to Mars > Paradise.

The song isn't bad at all, in my opinion, but this sounds like its Chris Martin/Gwenyth Paltrow pop culture influenced. Gotta make music that culture wants to hear!

Also very much agreed.

It's one song. Just because your a fan of a band, it doesn't mean you MUST LOOOOVVE every song they put out. Everyone has an opinion. People get a little too overboard with the defending of the song/band. Yes this is a Coldplay fan site, but criticism isn't aloud?

Every band/artist will have a song or album some fans do not like. It's usually around the same time Coldplay is at. Established a few great albums, but they're trying to make a new sound. People like it, people hate it. It happens! Why are people so shocked by the response?

If you think Paradise is mainstream, wait until you hear Princess of China feat. Rhianna ;)

I don´t think they deliberately chose Paradise in order to please the mainstream, but because it represents the overall mood of MX. We shall see when the album drops.

Coldplay have been saying how they love the fact that genres are blending now in music and it´s ok to like Metallica and Justin Bieber at the same time...it just shows in their music that they don´t care about genre and they are brave enough to venture wherever their music takes them. I for one follow suit.

If you think Paradise is mainstream, wait until you hear Princess of China feat. Rhianna ;)

I don´t think they deliberately chose Paradise in order to please the mainstream, but because it represents the overall mood of MX. We shall see when the album drops.

Coldplay have been saying how they love the fact that genres are blending now in music and it´s ok to like Metallica and Justin Bieber at the same time...it just shows in their music that they don´t care about genre and they are brave enough to venture wherever their music takes them. I for one follow suit.

This song is for 15 year olds who listen to Timberlake, One Republic and other vacuous crap in that vein. I feel so disappointed to hear them put out this dross ahead of Charlie Brown or some of the other great tracks we've already heard : ( Especially as they are big enough to not have play these stupid music industry games.

This.

How is Paradise radically different from Lost? They both have hip-hop influences and are pretty poppish, yet unmistakeably Coldplay. I can only assume that people who don´t like Paradise also don´t like Lost?

at least Lost is catchy. Paradise is so forgettable.

How is Paradise radically different from Lost? They both have hip-hop influences and are pretty poppish, yet unmistakeably Coldplay. I can only assume that people who don´t like Paradise also don´t like Lost?

Lost is quite poor to be honest and the rap version is cringworthy.