✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

It's clear: "Paradise" - made for new, not old fans

tauiwi

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YouTube and Twitter comments beg to differ. Most people sure think it´s catchy on first listen.

Youtube is filled with stupid opinions so I won't even read that. No one will remember this as one of coldplay's hits in... a month? yeah. I hate ETIAW for example but it gets stuck on the head so yeah, it's terrible but it makes an impression, good or bad it still does. This is just like a generic/boring song we could hear on the shitty radio stations.

It hit me after hearing the reviews on the radio.

THIS IS WHY CHARLIE BROWN WASN'T RELEASED FIRST.

Coldplay have deliberately created this single and marketed it first in an undoubtedly deliberate attempt to capture new audiences, as traditional fans would have already heard the new songs via live shows and webcasts (and hence would buy the album regardless).

Brilliant idea.

So to have established colplay fans being a little surprised by it and feeling a little underwhelmed was all part of the risk :)

The universe makes sense.

Yeah it makes sense, which also shows the fact that clearly it's about making more money and getting more fans at the price of keeping older fans.

Honestly I have no intention of buying their new album or seeing them live.

This song is for 15 year olds who listen to Timberlake, One Republic and other vacuous crap in that vein. I feel so disappointed to hear them put out this dross ahead of Charlie Brown or some of the other great tracks we've already heard : ( Especially as they are big enough to not have play these stupid music industry games.

I agree, except the impression I get from making moves like these is just one of greed to get more money and appeal to a younger audience.

It's really sad when you think about it.

Youtube is filled with stupid opinions so I won't even read that. No one will remember this as one of coldplay's hits in... a month? yeah. I hate ETIAW for example but it gets stuck on the head so yeah, it's terrible but it makes an impression, good or bad it still does. This is just like a generic/boring song we could hear on the shitty radio stations.

Comments might be stupid opinions as you call them, but how about this then? It sure looks like most people like the song :)

2,984 likes, 67 dislikes

I personally prefer the new era. I think that ever since Brian Eno collaborated with Coldplay on VLVODAAHF the band have gone from strength to strength. The newer Coldplay material is much more enjoyable for me, but at the same time I enjoy their classic songs.

I personally prefer the new era. I think that ever since Brian Eno collaborated with Coldplay on VLVODAAHF the band have gone from strength to strength. The newer Coldplay material is much more enjoyable for me, but at the same time I enjoy their classic songs.

Disagree, i think Eno ruins their sound. Major Minus for example is much better live.

I'm quite undecided about this single.I think it's ok, not less,not more...but this is not what i expected of a band like Coldplay.

I don't have a problem with this song being on Mylo Xyloto, because i really like their other new songs and i guess the album will be great.

But the real problem is: RHIANNA

I don't want to believe that the boys have forgotten their fan base, who have been very loyal over the past 10 years. However, I concur with the opinion that they are trying to expand such fan base and some of the songs of the album (ETIAW and Paradise) are much "pop" than regular Coldplay.

I was thinking that Side A of the album was going to be POP and the second half, regular Coldplay. But now I have my doubts considering Rihanna is featuring PoC and that one is on the second half.

It's very very very sad that a band as huge as Coldplay wants to make new fans rather than make good music. Very sad.

C.Martin: "Oh, people nowadays don't like Radiohead or Beatles, we should stop trying to do this kind of music, cause nowadays people preffer Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, so we should do stuff like that"

Very very sad.

New style doesn't mean selling out, that's a massive assumption that's been jumped to by so many people. There's still a great deal of Coldplay in this single, people change & the band's relationships, personalities, and inspirations are an organic process that never remains the same - much like their music.

I'm not the biggest fan of Paradise but that doesn't justify moaning that it's crap or the they're doing old fans a disservice or anything like that, I challenge anyone to say they like every Coldplay song made to date.

It's very very very sad that a band as huge as Coldplay wants to make new fans rather than make good music. Very sad.

C.Martin: "Oh, people nowadays don't like Radiohead or Beatles, we should stop trying to do this kind of music, cause nowadays people preffer Lady Gaga and Katy Perry, so we should do stuff like that"

Very very sad.

WHERE DID HE SAY THAT? :angry::angry::angry:

Sorry, but I really am angry today. Don't take this personally. :\

I think this is pathetic. They're still the same band, they just don't want to produce an album full of Clocks replicas. They're moving off into a new direction, and regardless of whether it's "pop" or not, they write the greatest songs known to music, so why don't we all just reserve opinion for when we've heard the album and accept that times change, eh? Honestly...