November 5, 201114 yr Worst song on the album as far as I'm concerned. The only part that is "ok" is the short 20 seconds Jonny has his guitar playing. The electronic drum beat is annoying, and the lyrics are too repetitive for my liking. I had a non coldplay fan listen to the album with me, and even he pointed out that this song was the worst one on the album.
November 7, 201114 yr Good in its simplicity, but the drum beat gets annoying. The lyrics aren't bad, but the chorus gets on my nerves. But it is not the worst song on the album (by far), and Jonny's riff at the end is great (even though it's too short, IMHO) so I'm giving it a 6.
November 21, 201114 yr This is one of my favorite songs on the album. It is quite repetitive, but there's something about it I really love.
December 2, 201114 yr 8. One of the weaker songs on the album. The piano should have been more elaborate... BUT, as I was listening to MX for the first time, I thought there should be more bass, and then PoC and UiF came along. And then the heartbeats in DLIBYH... :awesome: (Well, artificial bass, but still - boom, tah, boom boom, tah. :D)
December 19, 201114 yr I gave it a 6. Not because it's a bad song neccessarily but I find it so simple that in comparison to Coldplay's other amazing songs it almost sounds boring. It's probably my least favourite from MX. I don't understand why the band have been playing it live so much recently.... over DLIBYH?? Just wow.
December 25, 201114 yr Up in flames hit me like Fix You . Really? I actually like it very much now. The hard bass kinda sounds like fire (flames). :D
December 27, 201114 yr I gave it a 7. I didn't really liked it when I first listened to this song :\ Now I like it more, specially the live version and Jonny's riffs in the end :)
January 11, 201214 yr I can't listen to it... its too sad.. if you've gone through something that you know needs to be over... this song hits you in the head and says Hey its over, get over it... you don't want it to be over ,,,so you say can we put some water on? (to stop it from going up in flames) I always have to skip this song and go to the next one.. can't listen to it... of course its a nice song,,,but not for me..:(
January 11, 201214 yr I can't listen to it... its too sad.. if you've gone through something that you know needs to be over... this song hits you in the head and says Hey its over, get over it... you don't want it to be over ,,,so you say can we put some water on? (to stop it from going up in flames) I always have to skip this song and go to the next one.. can't listen to it... of course its a nice song,,,but not for me..:( Know what you mean. Did you watch the ACL show on NY eve. Liked that performance, was sexy. :lol: don't know what I'm saying. :thinking:
January 28, 201214 yr It's alright, but I think it's too boring. I personally think Moving To Mars would've made a better 11th track. 5/10.
February 3, 201214 yr Don't like it. One of the weakest songs on the album and I always have the urge to skip it. Should put Moving to Mars instead of this in my opinion.
February 17, 201214 yr I think Up in Flames is actually one of the best on the album. It's a clever use of the electric drums. But I definetly think MTM should've been on the album instead of MMIX and A Hopeful Transmission.
April 18, 201214 yr I can't listen to it... its too sad.. if you've gone through something that you know needs to be over... this song hits you in the head and says Hey its over, get over it... you don't want it to be over ,,,so you say can we put some water on? (to stop it from going up in flames) I always have to skip this song and go to the next one.. can't listen to it... of course its a nice song,,,but not for me..:( I know EXACTLY what you mean. I can´t bear listening to it either, which is a pity because Jonny´s lick is wonderful.
June 27, 201214 yr I still absolutely love this song.... I have noticed at shows though that a lot of people don't like it, think it's too slow, and end up sitting down. Still one of my favorites from the album.
June 27, 201214 yr i think it's a piece of art... specially the last line: can we pour some water on? and the beautiful piano at the end...the music sort of just fades away in a nice way...
September 28, 201214 yr I like it but the chorus is what i really dont like about it, the repetitive up in fleeeehhhmmmsss . Could have bee better because i like the 'theme' / message the song is trying to bring.
October 22, 201213 yr I think it's one of the best in the album. I can spend hours listening to Chris with the only company of the piano. I just close my eyes and get lost in his voice. But again, I'm a Rush of Blood to the Head freak so... I love the intimate songs :)
Create an account or sign in to comment