✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate "Up in Flames"

foxeh

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so annoying how everyone wants "MX" to be like "Parachutes".

Guys... "Parachutes" is over just like "AROBTTH" and "X&X" if you like "Parachutes" more than "MX" listen to the old Album now it's 2011 MX Era get over it...God damn.

Guys... "Parachutes" is over just like "AROBTTH" and "X&X" if you like "Parachutes" more than "MX" listen to the old Album now it's 2011 MX Era get over it...God damn.

Look around the forum, nobody is saying they want Parachutes II. All they're saying is that they don't like the new direction the band are taking. Stop putting words in people's mouths. Viva certainly wasn't Parachutes II but almost everybody loved it anyway. Evolution is fine, regression is not.

No, people like you are convincing yourselves that everyone wants MX to be like Parachutes so you can use it as an excuse to refute people's disliking of new songs. Get over yourself, that's not the reason why.

Look around the forum, nobody is saying they want Parachutes II. All they're saying is that they don't like the new direction the band are taking. Stop putting words in people's mouths. Viva certainly wasn't Parachutes II but almost everybody loved it anyway. Evolution is fine, regression is not.

A few people in the forum come across as saying they want stuff like Parachutes: simple, acoustic and/or organic instrumentation, etc, so I guess that´s what the original poster meant.

Rating is so cruel... :P I don't thing I'm able to give it a number, but I can say I really like how it sounds, mainly because of the piano part. Like some people said, it's simply and beautiful, but, at the same time, I think something is missing on the lyrics. The repetition of "up in flames" kinda takes space of something that could be more elaborate, imo.

Coldplay - Up in Flames (live) by foxz0rd on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free[/url]

The Song is absolutly Simple.. a few words.. only decent Instruments with Chris beautiful Voice.

Perfect?

The "up in flames" part also gets me.

All in one...i adore this simply Song.

I give it a good 8.

did anyone know you can download the song via this soundcloud player. (just sayin)

But yeah i give it a 7 for now,i want to here the actual studio version.

This^ :confused: I acompletely agree. It's annoying

Sorry i should have said "it feels like as if everyone wants MX to be like Parachutes".

I dont mind Opinions about that they might dont like it, my Problem is.. that a few Prople say stuff like "Coldplay did the worst they could do i hate/dont like ETIAW, Paradise and Up in Flames" even though "Up in Flames" sounds alot like Parachutes they dont like it because it's "boring..."? I could ask them, if they like the Song "Parachutes", if they would say "yes" i really wouldn't get it.

And some just keep saying in all the Billion Thread against MX how bad it is.

Why dont they listen to the old Albums only then?

Coldplay try to change their Style just that's how it Works.. i think even if they wouldnt EMI would of forced them to do it.

Coldplay tries their best to satisfy their Fans they cant hit everyone's taste.

Just thank Coldplay that they still do Music.

did anyone know you can download the song via this soundcloud player. (just sayin)

But yeah i give it a 7 for now,i want to here the actual studio version.

For the Prople who dont know.

Yes, you can download it just click on the Arrow.

I like this one quite a bit. The piano's lovely and likewise with the guitar, drums are rhythmic and lush and the bass...well I'm guessing it'll be nice and smooth.

Can't really make out the lyrics, but the "up in flames" bit does get slightly repetitive and I'm getting that vibe with everything from this album so far, although that's not a major put-down, repetition can be good!

It does get slightly boring, but once the guitar comes in at the end, it's excellent. The intro really gets me, it's just brilliant.

Contrary to a lot of people, I don't think it sounds like anything from Parachutes, if anything A Rush Of Blood, it's a little darker and closer (y'know).

I gave it a nice 8, it could be better, I think the studio version will be absolutely fab, but the guitar could be more prominent with more in it.

Yeah I dislike the slight unfinished feel to the song, but maybe that's on purpose in context of the album. If something has gone up in flames, then it disappears before you want it to right?

I like the drums, and the vocal-guitar interaction at the end although the sound is not good quality on the recordings. The chorus is repetitive, yes, but I think both studio and future performances will at least have Chris singing on the mark better. I just wish the guitar was more prominent, especially in the choruses. I feel like Jonny could definitely do something like the live versions of Fix You where he does that echoey da-na-na in the choruses.

This song reminds me a lot of Proof, actually. And I LOVE the ending. I listened to it just now and it was just chilling the way the guitar and piano do that little fade-out thing. It's kind of like the end of Trouble actually.

All that said, I gave it a 10 because Coldplay songs without synth are far and few now, and I feel like once everything sinks in, this could be one of the most haunting songs of the album.