Will Champion admits Mylo Xyloto nerves to BBC 6 Music

busybeeburns

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swifter, huh.

I told u, MX would be crap, every band has one of it. Except Radiohead.

Upd Looks like Hopeful Transmission and Up Wih the Birds could be big, I wouldn't mind different style but please no more hip-hop crap.

Pablo Honey was cheesy, except for Creep, You and Blow Out

Everything else < :toilet:

Flush it :phu:

Ahem, Pablo Honey anyone?

:toilet:

Vastly superior? I would say it's a little exaggeration.

Well, my point is even U2, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, etc has weak/crappy albums. In my opinion Radiohead doesn't, at least I can't remember any Paradise style song or hip hop or collaboration with Britny.

Also I remember after AROBTTH they send a grateful letter to Coldplay, and this recognition means a lot for me personally.

Perhaps the whole MX wouldn't be so bad, but it's definitely the weakest album so far.

What really annoys me about your posts and many of the other MX-moaners is the arrogance behind it. You type your posts as if it's absolute gospel and anyone who thinks otherwise is either a fan girl or wrong.

To most people, MX won't be the weakest album so far. I am 100% sure of that. Wait a year or so, and make a poll in the forum asking people to vote for their least favourite album. It will be X&Y or Parachutes.

MX has some of the most exciting material in it for so many of us. Hurts Like Heaven is one of the most guitar ambitious things they have ever done. It completely blows away every other song they have record in terms of punch and guitars. It sounds like a roller coaster.

Charlie Brown is a masterpiece. It's sheer proof that Coldplay are very, very clever people who know exactly how to write a song that stuns a crowd. The riff is amazing, the lyrics are very strong - although they aren't about Chris' angst so lots of you haters don't like the - and the whole thing is delightful. Once again, I can't think of any other song that has this amount of instant appeal.

Paradise whilst, in my opinion, hasn't got great lyrics is perhaps the most musically complex and ambitious thing they've ever done. Ever.

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall is my favourite song. Period.

Us Aganist the World has some of the strongest and most vivid lyrics Chris has ever done. It's beautiful. It's arranged so simply and is so powerful.

Major Minus has loads and loads of punch and grunge. Jonny's solo is one of his strongest ever.

That's what I think. And there will literally be millions other who agree. You are in the minority here - don't think for a moment you aren't. Sure you may find a few who agree on this forum, but in terms of the music listening populous and fans you're vastly, vastly outnumbered.

And I'm not appealing to popularity here. There are plenty of things that are popular that aren't very good. I'm just saying you need to calm down and realise that you're opinion isn't the truth.

If you don't like MX, that's fine. You can think whatever you think of it - but just know most of us absolutely adore the new material. I personally believe it is their strongest yet. So do most of us.

Well, my point is even U2, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, etc has weak/crappy albums.

What bad albums did The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Queen release? I'm honestly mystified here (U2 I will accept with no question though!)

Perhaps the whole MX wouldn't be so bad, but it's definitely the weakest album so far.

You haven't heard it, so what on Earth are you talking about?

How many times do we still have to say, not any kind of evolution is intrinsically good. Imagine if Gyarados evolved into Magikarp. That would be called evolution indeed, but Magikarp is a shite Pokemon. I know Magikarp evolves into Gyarados and not the other way around, and I know it's a bad comparison, but how am I going to get this point clear?

please the kids love much to be a Pokemon and to be kind with my avatar profil thanks .

Since this seems to have turned into a debate of will this be the worst album/best album, I'll just throw my opinion out here now:

Viva la Vida = ARoBttH

MX (so far)

X&Y (great songs, but the tracklisting is kinda sloppy)

Parachutes (most of the songs are pretty good, but the only song that I really love from this one is "Don't Panic")

Guest howyousawtheworld
Since this seems to have turned into a debate of will this be the worst album/best album, I'll just throw my opinion out here now:

Viva la Vida = ARoBttH

MX (so far)

X&Y (great songs, but the tracklisting is kinda sloppy)

Parachutes (most of the songs are pretty good, but the only song that I really love from this one is "Don't Panic")

I totally agree with you. Viva La Vida and A Rush Of Blood To The Head are definitely their two best albums. Viva La Vida I've learnt just gets even better with time. Like a fine wine!

What constructive conversion you expect on fangirls site?

It's either "weeeeeeee omggggggg loveeeeee loveeeeee it" or "well, new single sucks, baby, it sucks hard".

Hope you understand that no matter how "provenly" you make your statement, it's really,really just your personal opinion. I respect it, but I don't agree, neither could others. I think ETIAW is awesome. I won't change my opinion because you have a different one, neither will others.

You don't like something is not necessarily equal to something sucks.

Based on what i've heard so far, i'll likely like MX better than X&Y and probably Parachutes.

VLV

AROBTTH

MX

Parachutes

X&Y

Frankly i'm just glad they are taking chances. I'd rather they take a chance and whiff than just put out album after album that gets more and more stale and repetitive. They took a chance, love it or hate it, you should be happy they are doing what they are doing. Maybe LP6 will be more your cup of tea. For me, with Charlie Brown, Hurts Like Heaven, ETIAW and Us Against the World this album is already solid for me. And maybe DLIBYH, PoC, AHT or Up With the Birds will have something that surpirses us all.

What really annoys me about your posts and many of the other MX-moaners is the arrogance behind it. You type your posts as if it's absolute gospel and anyone who thinks otherwise is either a fan girl or wrong.

To most people, MX won't be the weakest album so far. I am 100% sure of that. Wait a year or so, and make a poll in the forum asking people to vote for their least favourite album. It will be X&Y or Parachutes.

Well, sorry if i was too rude, everyone has it's own opinion, we agree to disagree, etc.

I'm just a bit frustrated they can pull a song like MTM/Famous Old Painters/Lucas and it even can't make a cut.

You know it's like your life love after 6-7 years suddenly become cold (VLV) and then is turning back to u shouting "fuck off" (MX). If you had such experience you should know how it hurts, almost like heaven.

Also I don't want start it but it seems younger fans loves new material more than older. I guess I'm too old for this shit.

What bad albums did The Beatles, Pink Floyd and Queen release? I'm honestly mystified here (U2 I will accept with no question though!)

You haven't heard it, so what on Earth are you talking about?

Yea, I didn't hear only 4 tracks from 14, so I can't make any conclusion, right?

As for Beatles - "Rubber Soul" and "Beatles for Sale" (my ipod died month ago so I can't be sure, because I like listen random albums)

Queen - "The Game"

Pink Floyd - "Final Cut"

I can't understand that they are ratings which includes also Mylo Xyloto. You didn't hear the album until now and you want to consider it? Come on, Coldplays strength is to ake fluent and coherent records and they said that this is one of the most important things for them during the recording process. So we have to wait to the first complete listen to consider the album.

Vastly superior? I would say it's a little exaggeration.

Well, my point is even U2, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, etc has weak/crappy albums. In my opinion Radiohead doesn't, at least I can't remember any Paradise style song or hip hop or collaboration with Britny.

Also I remember after AROBTTH they send a grateful letter to Coldplay, and this recognition means a lot for me personally.

talk about yourself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1T2kNEdBQE]U2 & Jay-Z & Rihanna - Stranded (Live 2010) Haiti - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XDYuWoy2cU&NR=1]Jay-Z ft 3 Bono, The Edge, Rihanna - Stranded new 2009 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

I can't understand that they are ratings which includes also Mylo Xyloto. You didn't hear the album until now and you want to consider it? Come on, Coldplays strength is to ake fluent and coherent records and they said that this is one of the most important things for them during the recording process. So we have to wait to the first complete listen to consider the album.

That's why I used the qualifier 'based on what i've heard so far', and I have heard more than half the songs on the album.