✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Guy Berryman: 'Mylo Xyloto was soundtrack album' (Plus Exclusive REVIEW by Chris Martin himself!!!)

the_escapist

Jonny says they got "far down the line with designing characters". Do you think we might see concept art of that some day?

Also I love how this album seems to have leitmotifs like Quadrophenia. We've already heard lyrically references to other songs like In Major Minus "It's justUs Against The World" and the Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall reference in Paradise! They seriously couldn't have made a more perfect album for me! I love those things!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This article got me really excited, I have to say :wacky: (but there are two threads for it?)

"A Hopeful Transmission" is actually my favorite song title of them all, so in some ways I'm kind of sad it only seems like it's going to be a short instrumental rather than a full song, but in the end I know it doesn't matter.

However, I do have to say that I'm glad this whole movie thing didn't work out...as awesome as that might have been, it's just so gimmicky. I know Coldplay's veering towards gimmicky these days anyway, but that would have taken the cake. They should just stick to what they do best, and if they want to do a film, release a really kick-ass documentary.

This is an exciting run through. I'm glad Chris offered this. For a minute today I was thinking the album might be frontloaded, but I think with princess of China and dlibyh, maybe the second half will be as worthy. Personally I think the band kicked the ass of viva's track order, so I'm hopeful they can top it. It's incredible how much that can dictate experience.

Today I watched some live concert in Fuse and the songs started growing on me, but still every DUMB ASS teardrop is a DUMB waterfall and how I angrily read FEAT RHIANNA is still bugging me.

And It feels like all they're thinking about is if they don't have a certain tracklisting or poppy song then it won't sell and that's when Chris will fall on the floor in fetal position if he doesn't have millions of dollars because his album was too "boring".

IMOIMOIMOIMOIMHO

I don't get why people think a song will sound a certain way because of its title. Especially with Coldplay.

Yeah, this frustrates me too, and I got a bit annoyed by all those guess the tracklisting threads before the tracks were announced. When they released the tracklisting for VLV, I thought the titles were terrible and despaired over how I thought that would affect the quality of the music--turns out a lot of my least favorite titles, like "Strawberry Swing," became my favorite songs. That's happened to me with albums from other artists as well.

I just like the sound of "A Hopeful Transmission" as a phrase, so I was kind of hoping it would be a full song with lyrics saying that somewhere in there, but in the end, we don't know anything til we hear it.

SHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

:) :heart:

:nod:

Excited for UFO, looking forward to it more than anything else that I haven't heard yet from MX.

I wish I could hear the acoustic stuff they wrote before the scrapped it all :(

Thanks for sharing!!!

But it hasn’t got many dragons or mountains, which I think is what people associate concept albums with.

what :thinking:

12 A HOPEFUL TRANSMISSION/DON’T LET IT BREAK YOUR HEART

Well, I think we wanted to do an album this time with a happy ending and I think we’ve actually done it, which we never thought we’d do. For whatever reason it is, it’s happened and that was very late in the day and it’s nice that song ‘cos you just hit everything as hard as possible – which for a band like Coldplay is a very pleasurable thing.

omg omg omg the hopeful transmission title was already good but with that description i really, really can't wait.

I'm liking what I hear. Sounds as if a concept may indeed tie the songs together. As someone who is a big fan of more progressive bands like Genesis, Marillion, Yes, and others of the sort, I love conceptual pieces, in that you put on the album and actually sit down and listen to it. While some tracks can be heard individually, the package as a whole is meant to be consumed in one sitting. I love albums like that. "Viva La Vida" is that way with me. I don't hear tracks individually from it, I put it on from start to finish and savor each track as part of the entire story, and it flows beautifully. Something tells me MX will be just as powerful.

:)

This article got me really excited, I have to say :wacky: (but there are two threads for it?)

"A Hopeful Transmission" is actually my favorite song title of them all, so in some ways I'm kind of sad it only seems like it's going to be a short instrumental rather than a full song, but in the end I know it doesn't matter.

However, I do have to say that I'm glad this whole movie thing didn't work out...as awesome as that might have been, it's just so gimmicky. I know Coldplay's veering towards gimmicky these days anyway, but that would have taken the cake. They should just stick to what they do best, and if they want to do a film, release a really kick-ass documentary.

I totally agree...as always. :nice: