✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay on Howard Stern - 9 November 2011 8.00am EST

Pink

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing a quick search seems everyone on Twitter was really pleasantly surprised by it too.

eg:

Bogustech This Chris Martin interview on <s>@</s>sternshow is FUCKING amazing and I never even cared about Coldplay. <s class="hash">#</s>NewFan

okcjohnson Great interview this morning with Chris Martin on the Howard Stern show. Played lots of songs. Kinda made me want to like Coldplay again.

What's up with Howard Stern talking about gwyneth constantly he brings up her name every chance he get....:laugh3:

....because Howard is like a shark who smells blood. He has done his homework and he knows it's something Chris doesn't talk about. Seriously, as a long, long time Howard fan (just need to ignore some of the goofy stuff), this is what makes him so good. He can get people to open up and talk about things they won't talk about to anyone else. He does it time and time again. There's a reason he always seems to get the "exclusive" stuff.

Is the whole video available for people with a subscription? If so could someone with a subscription maybe capture it for us? :wacky:

No, you have to subscribe to Howard TV (if it's available on your cable TV service).

"It's not that being in a band makes your problems more interesting."

Spot on, Chris. Interviewer seems like a little bit of a dick to me (judging by that 2 minute piece on the previous page).

What does annoy me is that Chris says "selling records" a bit too frequently (okay, he said it once here, but I mean, in general). The amount of records sold is not per se related to how good the music is. In the same way as the amount of drugs you do is not per se related to how good the music is either. I'm glad he understands the latter statement. Go Chris.

Meh, its Howard Stern, I guess you could call him a dick. LOL Just Google him and you'll see, but that's part of his celebrity. Although in the first 30 mins I listened to so far, he's seemed pretty genuine, if that's possible for Howard to be. LOL I have enjoyed it thus far...can't wait to finish listening...and also eat my lunch as I'm chained to my desk listening to the Town Hall on XM. :-)

As a huge Howard Stern and Coldplay fan I would have to say you guys need to get off your high horse about calling the interview pervy. Jesus christ, this is how people talk to each other in real life, which is why Howard is the greatest interviewer of all time. He gets any one of his guest to relax and make them feel like it is just them and Howard shooting the shit. They forget they are being evesdropped on by the millions of listeners. I can't tell you how many people he has announced that were going to be on the show that I have not been excited about and when the interview is over, you end up liking the person and enjoying the interview because it's not the same Jay Leno, David Letterman bullshit where you walk away after knowing nothing about the real person only something about whatever they are plugging. On what other show are you gonna get an 1 and 1/2 hour interview without commercial interuptions. What other show would put a gay fan on? and what other show would get as much info out of Chris? The answer is no other show. Howard has a method to his madness, If he was not a great interviewer we wouldn't be talking about it on here now.

So don't act like you have never talked about sex, ex-girlfriends/boyfriends, spouses, drugs, or religion with your friends and that's ok but when I guy interviewing someone does it it is for some strange reason, wrong. Be thankful Howard got a great interview out of Chris and we know more about the man than we did before it

As a huge Howard Stern and Coldplay fan I would have to say you guys need to get off your high horse about calling the interview pervy. Jesus christ, this is how people talk to each other in real life, which is why Howard is the greatest interviewer of all time. He gets any one of his guest to relax and make them feel like it is just them and Howard shooting the shit. They forget they are being evesdropped on by the millions of listeners. I can't tell you how many people he has announced that were going to be on the show that I have not been excited about and when the interview is over, you end up liking the person and enjoying the interview because it's not the same Jay Leno, David Letterman bullshit where you walk away after knowing nothing about the real person only something about whatever they are plugging. On what other show are you gonna get an 1 and 1/2 hour interview without commercial interuptions. What other show would put a gay fan on? and what other show would get as much info out of Chris? The answer is no other show. Howard has a method to his madness, If he was not a great interviewer we wouldn't be talking about it on here now.

So don't act like you have never talked about sex, ex-girlfriends/boyfriends, spouses, drugs, or religion with your friends and that's ok but when I guy interviewing someone does it it is for some strange reason, wrong. Be thankful Howard got a great interview out of Chris and we know more about the man than we did before it

I totally agree. Howard says some pretty outrageous things on his show, but there is a reason that he's been around for so long. And he's an amazing interviewer. We all know that if Chris isn't comfortable in an interview, he will make no secret of it and he sure as hell doesn't answer any questions he doesn't want to. Personally, I didn't find any of the interview to be uncomfortable or out of line. And apparently neither did Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk