✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay on Howard Stern - 9 November 2011 8.00am EST

Pink

As a huge Howard Stern and Coldplay fan I would have to say you guys need to get off your high horse about calling the interview pervy. Jesus christ, this is how people talk to each other in real life, which is why Howard is the greatest interviewer of all time. He gets any one of his guest to relax and make them feel like it is just them and Howard shooting the shit. They forget they are being evesdropped on by the millions of listeners. I can't tell you how many people he has announced that were going to be on the show that I have not been excited about and when the interview is over, you end up liking the person and enjoying the interview because it's not the same Jay Leno, David Letterman bullshit where you walk away after knowing nothing about the real person only something about whatever they are plugging. On what other show are you gonna get an 1 and 1/2 hour interview without commercial interuptions. What other show would put a gay fan on? and what other show would get as much info out of Chris? The answer is no other show. Howard has a method to his madness, If he was not a great interviewer we wouldn't be talking about it on here now.

So don't act like you have never talked about sex, ex-girlfriends/boyfriends, spouses, drugs, or religion with your friends and that's ok but when I guy interviewing someone does it it is for some strange reason, wrong. Be thankful Howard got a great interview out of Chris and we know more about the man than we did before it

I've gained new respect for Howard's skills today. What an interview. He definitely made news, a fit no interviewer has accomplished for years.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to interview. And one thing bothers me - it turns out they split profit 20-20-20-40. That means Chris does get more. :inquisitive:Why have they been talking about total equality for so many years then?

Maybe worth asking Oracle..

And I wonder how much the word "Gwyneth" has been dropped. It was annoying at times.

Anyone hear the little snippet from Lisa G in the green room? Chris said that he really enjoyed the interview & that Howard is really good at his job because he makes you forget that you are being interviewed and you think it's just you and him chatting. Yes, that's exactly what he does. He also that this was his 5th favorite interview but wouldn't list the top 4. That's such a Chris thing to say. :D

Anyone hear the little snippet from Lisa G in the green room? Chris said that he really enjoyed the interview & that Howard is really good at his job because he makes you forget that you are being interviewed and you think it's just you and him chatting. Yes, that's exactly what he does. He also that this was his 5th favorite interview but wouldn't list the top 4. That's such a Chris thing to say. :D

Awesome!

Wow to this interview really!!

Quite epic

The OCD thing :o

I watched the clip just now and man, is Chris sweating or what! Seeing the pain in his face as he tried steer away from those questions was difficult to watch - I think he really wanted to get up and walk out but he knew he couldn't.

I like that he can't seem to lie and wants to be honest. Obviously something is going on/went on with the sleeping pills. His fears of being a 'cliche' are so bizarre. I guess he inadvertently added a bit of mystery to the man that is 'Chris Martin'.

I wonder if he is genuinely happy with the interview or feels naked now that he's exposed so much new stuff...you know US Weekly next week is going to say "Chris Martin has a drug problem, Gwyneth takes him to a kabbalah retreat..." Oy.

Did we know Chris had OCD before this interview? I don't remember ever hearing that before?

Loved Chris's Neil Young imitation and his explanation of why he & Gwyn don't walk the red carpet together: because that's selling something and their relationship is not for sale. I never really 'got' it before he explained it this way. WTG, Chris!

This !

I did not

I enjoyed the interview.I think Chris obviously knew what he was getting into when he aggreed to do the interview.It was great to hear Chris talk about a lot of different things and most of all the songs and how he writes.Howard seemed really in awe of him and genuinely interested in the music and the process.You could tell sometimes Howard wasnt taking Chris' half assed answers.Howard was definitley persistent in getting an answer.Although I dont think Howard is quite familiar with Chris' sense of humor.Howard was a bit gullible lol.But I liked the interview.

I totally agree. Howard says some pretty outrageous things on his show, but there is a reason that he's been around for so long. And he's an amazing interviewer. We all know that if Chris isn't comfortable in an interview, he will make no secret of it and he sure as hell doesn't answer any questions he doesn't want to. Personally, I didn't find any of the interview to be uncomfortable or out of line. And apparently neither did Chris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Chris would have gone in there knowing what to expect. He seemed relaxed to me and comfortable. I don't think he would have shared so much if he had been feeling that way - he would have slid into jokes to defect questions instead

Good interview, did sound like they were just chatting. His explanation of not walking the red carpet really clicked, that they are not a product, and him walking the red carpet with his band is because they are selling something. I get it now.

It did feel a bit raw, and Chris's sense of humor is a little outrageous sometimes, his dad beat the shit out of him, he didn't know Gwyneth liked anal! That's nuts! Chris, it's good to be funny, but the anal comment was nuts!

Good interview, did sound like they were just chatting. His explanation of not walking the red carpet really clicked, that they are not a product, and him walking the red carpet with his band is because they are selling something. I get it now.

It did feel a bit raw, and Chris's sense of humor is a little outrageous sometimes, his dad beat the shit out of him, he didn't know Gwyneth liked anal! That's nuts! Chris, it's good to be funny, but the anal comment was nuts!

No it wasn't. It was just smelly.

:escaping:

• 1 month later...

Thank you! Just watched it again (I've listened to it already).

It's, I think, the best interview I've ever watched. Funny, informative, but also :dazzled:

Don't you just wanna meet Chris and hang around with him... He's such a nice, funny guy. :awesome: But also :dazzled:

:D

*buys a ticket to London* *prints out the map to the Bakery* :wink3: :D