✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[25-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Toyota Center, Houston, Texas, USA

Jenjie

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Hmm121 (Sorry I don't know you're name) Thanks so much for posting pics & Tweets! People really do enjoy them! And welcome to Coldplaying too.:D

Out for the night, so have fun, all!

Ohh. Yeah my name is Courtney.

Thanks

*kicking and screaming at myself for not buying tickets to Houston shows*

I even have family there I could have stayed for free.......#cryingalittleokayalot

We had tickets for tonight's show but sold them to a friend. Two nights in Dallas drained our energy and it's getting expensive with gas and hotels!! I'll have to live vicariously through Tweets and online photos. Keep posting them folks !! :)

Back home. We had seats way at the back on the floor so view for me was nonexistant. But I had an awesome time.

Miller was there setting some stuff up in the sound booth when we got there so we got to say hi to him.

Then I got to talk with Marta again. She is the person running the big camera during the show.

IMG-20120625-00768.jpg

Then I went to talk to Dan Green. Told him I really didn't think they could have topped their Viva shows, but the xylobands looks so amazing. Then he said he can't believe how many shows I go to. :laugh3: I told him this was my 40th show. He said I should get in for free....yes please. He said he could get me into any show I wanted. :o Don't know if he was just bullshitting me but I'm gonna check into it. I told him Jackie has all my info. After the show, he gave me his set list.

IMG_3290.jpg

Yellow: mellow yellow intro :lol:

Thought the crowd sounded really good. Lots of singing. C Stage was on opposite side where we sat, but we walked over to get a closer look. Pic of Will is about the only one I took that came out worth a damn.

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3284.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

IMG_3266.jpg

We have better seats tomorrow night so I'll have more pics then.

Hello everybody! Very good show at Houston tonight, but for me it didn't beat the two Dallas shows (especially Saturday). You know, as I move with the tour, I learn that sometimes where you are makes a WHOLE difference. Tonight I was in the floor, pretty near the stage and I didn't felt so much energy and support like I have felt from "worse" seats. I have learned that I like my dancing space and the closer you are to the stage, the less space you have. It is a shame that some people go to the concert just for going and they just seat there and do not enjoy it.

A band like Coldplay should at least someday make a show only for HUGE fans. It would be unbelievable.

Let's get to the show now. I really liked more the American Airlines Center than the Toyota Center. Much better in all ways from my point of view. Wolf Gang was pretty nice again, I think they are up to big things, once the time comes. They have several good songs in their catalog. Robyn was very applauded by the audience, and I have said before she has great dancing skills and some good songs. Regarding her cover of Every Teardrop is A Waterfall, I think it is a great cover, so different from the actual song that it does no harm playing it before the boys. What I think is that she shouldn't use the catwalk, as a sign for respect. But it is not a harmful thing, so let's better care about our favorite band!

Tonight, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face was BRILLIANT!!! The drums were sounding great during that one and ETIAW. To me the highlights of this show are In My Place, Major Minus, Yellow, The Scientist, GPASUYF, Warning Sign and especially Don't Let It Break Your Heart, which sounds MASSIVE live. I am so glad they wrote a song like that one. It is one to look forward to, without a doubt.

Furthermore, I really like Us Against the World and especially Speed of Sound, which I think is a wonderful addition to the set-list, since it is a great song. As a HUGE fan, there's always songs you would like to hear, like A Message, 'Til Kingdom Come, U.F.O. and Shiver, but I understand that they are comfortable with things the way they are.

It was a great show, don't get me wrong, but I was surrounded by people who were not much into it and I could not move much, so there were some parts where I had to calm myself and try to see the things from a whole different perspective. Regarding the crowd, I still think Saturday's Dallas crowd is on top.

Finally, a little gossip. Mr. Harvey is not on tour, since he is on holidays with his family. And I saw Chris's dad who had a Xyloband on and was cheering up during Clocks, Fix You and many other songs. It is AMAZING how this Sir keeps cheering after (I assume) seeing a whole tons of shows. That's true father love. Chris is a lucky fellow. To end, I met Kelly's sister, who sat right beside me with some family. She and her company were very nice and lovely. In short, COLDPLAY love all the way around. See ya tomorrow!