✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Coldplay release new song(s) alongside the release of Charlie Brown Single?

Revolverwin

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I forgot, will they release the Charlie Brown Single and Video at the same time?

I expect they will. They've been working on this video for a while now I think, so it should be finished by the time they release the single. Unless they scrap the idea and make a completely new one again :lol:

Um...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mylo_Xyloto

I kinda doubt that any of the two will have B-sides... :|

Up In Flames is a good B-side for POC though.

And of course Automobile Children for CB. :nod:

There will probably be more. Off of each album:

Parachutes- 6

AROBTH- 7

X&Y- 6

VLVODAAHF- 7 (including variations of Lost! and Strawberry Swing)

Mylo Xyloto- 1 (so far)

I think we'll be lucky to see any more B-Sides from Coldplay. Maybe 1 or 2 per era from now on :\ My reasoning behind this is that because they have such a wide audience now, most of the people buying their singles will only care about the main song so most singles will just be one track.

We'll probably still get the odd B-Side though, like Moving to Mars, when the song is so good they just can't leave it out. (they got around releasing B-Sides to ETIAW by calling it an EP rather than a single) So the logical alternative to releasing B-Sides is to release an EP of all the would-be B-Sides (like Prospekt's March) which will probably only be bought by the fans who want to hear the less-known songs.

So if we are going to hear any more new material from the MX era it will be as an EP, unless they decide a particular song is so good it deserves to be a B-Side to Charlie Brown. (if only there was a song which the band have been hyping up for 3 years saying how good it is and whose name/initials are written everywhere :thinking:)

^^ VLV had 7 B-sides? Whaaa? :inquisitive:

I only count Death Will Never Conquer and A Spell A Rebel Yell. And possibly Lost?

How the hell did you get to that number? :D I'm not even gonna think about other eras...

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71010

And Fitz, I also think they stopped releasing as much B-sides as they did before because they got famous.

But I like the idea of UIF being the B-side of POC. And ofc the ones that shall not be named for CB.

I'd prefer it if they'd release an EP.

^Agreed, but I doubt they would go from 7 to 1 like that. They would probably drop to 5, then to 3, then to 1.

Well not all are "B-Sides"

Violet Hill- Spell A Rebel Yell, Lost?

Viva- Death Will Never Conquer

Lost!- (tracklisting) Lost+, Lost@, Lost-

Lovers in Japan- acoustic version (tracklisting)

LiTii- The Goldrush

Strawberry Swing- instrumental (tracklisting)

Make that 9 :)

You know , i want something new for the new single .. But if they dont't I won't really blame them , they have been such an inspiration , they have always brought something good into my life . They kick you up when you are down and with their new album they bring out all the euphoria deep in you , especially during a live performance :) let's all hope they just keep on existing and playing their music , because that is essentially what is Coldplay