✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

This is very interesting. The 2nd Law is already shaping up to being one of the most controversial albums for a while. The King of Limbs, MX, now this. All three are controversial, but I love that these bands are growing and experimenting with new sounds. I hate dubstep, but I liked the trailer (at least it's on guitar). We'll see how it goes I guess, but I'm not nearly as afraid as half the fans are.

Controversial? What on Earth do you mean?

^ :nod: The more the band changes the better, even If I don't like the new style at least we are getting something new.

You can only take that so far, though. Experimentation is fine, but if you go so far as to go crazy and lose the essence of who you are as a group, that's not gonna work for anyone. Granted, I don't think Muse are gonna do that (They know better), but you never know what can happen.

I don't think it's much of a change. It's more apocalyptic, political, classical-fused-guitar-hero rock, and all I want to hear from the band is something with the heart of Unintended and the delicate beauty of Blackout.

I'm fed up of all the sci-fi bollocks. I'm too old for it. I want Muse to prove that they're human, and that they can write songs to move me again.

£55+ for a ticket for London.

What recession? ;)

I was comparing some of the ticket prices for shows back in 05/06 time, where the average was £35, prices for shows these days have shot up, even for one-album bands. Plus add on the rip-off of booking fees, no wonder why some festivals have been cancelled, people don't have the money spare to spend ~ £130 on tickets for a show (as a couple), excluding travelling costs.

Not a rant at Muse, just concerts in general. I can remember when they cost £30 (CIA Nov 06). I hope to see Muse again, hopefully they will do a stadium tour next year.

I'm fed up of all the sci-fi bollocks. I'm too old for it. I want Muse to prove that they're human, and that they can write songs to move me again.

Agreed.

And they need to stop writing songs about bringing the government and The Man down. I get it - they are evil. Let's move on, shall we?

But I still love them. :lol:

Controversial? What on Earth do you mean?

Controversial in the sense that the fanbases are being divided over the new sound of the bands. We all know MX has split this community, and alot of Radiohead fans seem to feel "sold out" by how electronic the band's gotten. I think so far this "dubstep" trailer has done a pretty good job a dividing the Muse fanbase.

The sci-fi is still working for me, I wouldn't mind they changed though :lol:

It's all very well doing the sci-fi, just have a bit of feeling behind it as well. If I wanted to hear about totalitarianism and panspermia, I'd read a book about it. I want a bit of expression, feeling, and something beyond sixth form love poetry.

£55+ for a ticket for London.

What recession? ;)

I was comparing some of the ticket prices for shows back in 05/06 time, where the average was £35, prices for shows these days have shot up, even for one-album bands. Plus add on the rip-off of booking fees, no wonder why some festivals have been cancelled, people don't have the money spare to spend ~ £130 on tickets for a show (as a couple), excluding travelling costs.

Not a rant at Muse, just concerts in general. I can remember when they cost £30 (CIA Nov 06). I hope to see Muse again, hopefully they will do a stadium tour next year.

I agree, concert ticket prices are getting ridiculous. It's becoming so expensive that it's almost difficult to reason paying that much to see a band.

That being said, I really like what Muse are doing for their fan presale. Much better than a free for all via a radio station like what Coldplay did.

Don't know what the Coldplay-vs.-Muse price range is over there, but last tour here in the U.S., Muse's ticket prices were around half of what Coldplay's Viva shows cost. Granted, I think Coldplay is the scammer of all scammers, especially for a band that uses floor seating in arenas, so even if Muse's prices jump here this tour, I still won't view them in the awful light I view Coldplay price-wise.

Just hope I don't view the quality of the upcoming album in the same awful light as Coldplay either. :laugh3::dozey:

If my unit conversion was correct, that's still a lot cheaper than Coldplay's stupidly overpriced shows here. ($125 with fees, which I guess comes out to £80) But that Muse price is pretty comparable to ours.

Genuinely worried I won't get them.

Yeah me too. And a few people over on the muse boards have started popping up saying they've got their email now, although it looks like none of those people so far have been "unsuccessful." The wait is killing me :bomb:

I wasn't successful either (email at 4am-- I was like 'whut, oh, ugh' and went back to sleep).

But I will try tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed for everyone.

Some of them have ended up in scalper hands already. There are about ~30 tickets across all the gigs on ebay already selling at least double the value they originally cost.