✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

At least with a Muse show you know you'll never get the same setlist at all the shows you go to.

Actually, since BHAR, their setlists have become pretty predictable and repetitive in my opinion (and many other Musers') :\

I think this Muse setlist would be close to perfect for me:

Intro + Apocalypse Please

New Born

Fury

Map of the Problematique

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts

United States of Eurasia + Collateral Damage

Ruled by Secrecy

Uprising

Interlude + Hysteria

Exo-Politics

Uno

MK Ultra

Plug In Baby

Stockholm Syndrome + many riffs

Sunburn

Assassin (Grand Omega Bosses edit)

Knights of Cydonia + Space Dementia outro

Megalomania

Unnatural Selection

Showbiz + Ashamed riff

But with the new album coming up I'm sure there could soon be some additions to this!

People saving their pennies for a tour? (Muse and The Killers are bound to announce tour dates at the same time)

After I'm done saving up for Coldplay, yeah, that'll be my next big splurge to save up for ('cause I'm assuming they won't get around to the States until...what, late this year, early next year (the latter seems more likely)? You'd better believe I'll be on the lookout for dates when that time rolls around.

I would be fine with hearing "Feeling Good" again live, myself. But honestly, they could play whatever...if I could just hear "Blackout" live once, I'd be a happy camper. That's my one big request.

Would also love "Sing For Absolution" again, too, though.

I just listened to the whole of Origin of Symmetry in reverse! I mean, from finish to start with all the songs backwards, because I was bored. Can I just say that the Citizen Erased riff backwards is one of the most epic things I have ever heard! :stunned:

Actually, since BHAR, their setlists have become pretty predictable and repetitive in my opinion (and many other Musers') :\

They are a little bit; but between the two Wembley shows in '10 (it's been that long :cry:) there was actually quite a significant difference in setlists. I preferred the second night setlist to the one I saw (bitter much?)

I think though they have a lot more variety than Coldplay and KoL...

I just hope they drop Guiding Light and Feeling Good on their next tour.

:nod: I agree with this fully. I don't like Guiding Light that much and Feeling Good is just overdone. There's nothing new with it each time. No riffs or jams to make it feel new.

Speaking of "Guiding Light," I discovered through experimenting with Audacity that it sounds so much better when lowered by a half-step (semi-tone, for you Europeans). Of course, there was the slight change to Matt's tone (because, you know, you can't keep it exactly the same when you change pitch), but it wasn't enough to really bother me, and the song really does seem to fit better that way. At least, it does to me.

Violet, that sounds fascinating. :surprised: Do you have an mp3 of it a half step lower? Because I'm a fail at technology and I don't know how to do that. :|

Hi Muse thread, long time no see.

1. I hate Matt's mustache

2. Some news from them would be nice, 99% of the time I don't trust anything the fans say

and I'll leave you here with this

tumblr_m2yg1yajAX1rtnoj5o1_500.jpg

Just like they killed New Born :(

New Born was excellent at Reading, I thought, but yeah you're right. It's far too slow live, doesn't have the same effect as on record.

They need to start playing Butterflies and Hurricanes, I Belong to You and Space Dementia. <3

^^ :laugh3: That's hilarious!

I heard that the planned release date is September 17th! And don't worry Megalomania (I don't know your name sorry :P) I think Matt has shaved off his moustache now:http://twitpic.com/9e08wo (found this on .mu)

17th September? Ooh, 3 days before my birthday! :dazzled:

Just remembered next year is the 10 year anniversary of Absolution. I hope they do something special like for Showbiz and OoS. And this time I'll definitely make sure I won't miss it.

Just remembered next year is the 10 year anniversary of Absolution. I hope they do something special like for Showbiz and OoS. And this time I'll definitely make sure I won't miss it.

They had better play Falling Away With You!

^^ :laugh3: That's hilarious!

I heard that the planned release date is September 17th! And don't worry Megalomania (I don't know your name sorry :P) I think Matt has shaved off his moustache now:http://twitpic.com/9e08wo (found this on .mu)

I'm Christina. :nice:

And thank Godtiss, I was starting to get worried. D:

They need to drop Plug In Baby.

Controversial, I know. But it's getting boring, and they're gonna kill it.

I agree, they need to start rotating what songs they're playing in general. They're killing the classics and letting the best songs remain untouched. :bigcry:

Honestly, I don't get the pleas for any band to "drop the hits". Think about it - if you were attending your first Muse show and they DIDN'T play PIB/Hysteria/KoC/etc, how pissed off would you be?

The correct solution is to play longer shows to allow more song variety. They will be 6 albums in soon, so there's no excuse to play shows for the same length as you did when you only had 2 albums. 15-song sets at your own headline show is lame when you're on Muse's pedestal.

Honestly, I don't get the pleas for any band to "drop the hits". Think about it - if you were attending your first Muse show and they DIDN'T play PIB/Hysteria/KoC/etc, how pissed off would you be?

This, yes, thank you. People seem to forget that not everyone going to a show has seen the artist in question before, or knows their music all that well. The hits will always get played-they were hits for a reason. People like them.

The correct solution is to play longer shows to allow more song variety. They will be 6 albums in soon, so there's no excuse to play shows for the same length as you did when you only had 2 albums. 15-song sets at your own headline show is lame when you're on Muse's pedestal.

Exactly. I'd love a longer show, that'd be wonderful.

They definitely need to play longer shows. I was a little disappointed when the band finished their set and exited the stage five minutes before schedule when I saw them live (unless they had a good reason). Yes, I know, it's just five minutes and they were amazing and fantastic, but JUST ONE MORE SONG, PRETTY PLEASE. :sad:

I've got people currently camped out outside the studio. Hopefully they will meet and converse with the band to double, triple confirm everything... But there's been several meetings now-- and although the majority of people that have met the band recently have said September; there have been 2 separate incidences (that I have seen) that have said November.

October O2 sounds really feasible though

I hear there's several people who've camped outside the studio multiple times per week. That's creepy and obsessive and probably sours the band, honestly. Word spreads fast about the band so obviously people caught onto this studio stalking thing quickly, but come on, dropping by just one time is ENOUGH.

I hear there's several people who've camped outside the studio multiple times per week. That's creepy and obsessive and probably sours the band, honestly. Word spreads fast about the band so obviously people caught onto this studio stalking thing quickly, but come on, dropping by just one time is ENOUGH.

I will have to say, I don't get going more than once. Maybe one attempt, 2 maximum... Otherwise it is just creepy.

Saying camped out was probably the wrong way of saying it. There was a Muser meet and 5 of them then went to the studio to see if they'd come out or anything. This was their first time going and probably the last; security came out and told them that Matt and Dom were staying in until the early hours-- so they left at about 8pm.

I wouldn't mind doing one stalk out; but that's it.