✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Depending on the interpretation, that COULD be a good thing. We won't know until the album comes out.

Speaking of which, with the date being pushed back to October, we have about a month and a half until it gets here, sooner if there's a leak. :bomb:

The 2nd Law still sounds like nothing but Muse. Heavily influenced by U2 I'd say, but if you're expecting a radical departure from everything that you've heard before, you'll be disappointed.

All I really want from the album is a song with emotional depth. Blackout, Hoodoo or Unintended, please.

The 2nd Law still sounds like nothing but Muse. Heavily influenced by U2 I'd say, but if you're expecting a radical departure from everything that you've heard before, you'll be disappointed.

All I really want from the album is a song with emotional depth. Blackout, Hoodoo or Unintended, please.

Don't want to sound rude, and I don't know if this is what you meant, but I definitely don't want another Blackout, Hoodoo, or Unintended. I want something new and fresh- isn't that the point of a new album?

And of course it "sounds like nothing but Muse", that's the band that wrote the songs? If I wanted to hear songs like Radiohead's, I'd listen to Radiohead, same with Queen and U2. They're obviously influenced by them, but it's still always going to be Muse's style

And I wouldn't be worried about them having songs with emotional depth. All you've heard are two singles, and it's rare that a rock band will release their emotional songs as singles. The only one I can think of that they did release as a single was Unintended, and that was from their first album so they probably wanted some variety within the singles. Endlessly, Soldier's Poem, Falling Away With You, along with the ones you mentioned, weren't singles.

I think my only expectation at this point is that this album has a different flavor. Each of their other albums has a distinct vibe that makes it different from the others, so it makes sense to me that this one will go along that same route. I'm not expecting that Muse will go AWOL and do something extreme.

Don't want to sound rude, and I don't know if this is what you meant, but I definitely don't want another Blackout, Hoodoo, or Unintended. I want something new and fresh- isn't that the point of a new album?

And of course it "sounds like nothing but Muse", that's the band that wrote the songs? If I wanted to hear songs like Radiohead's, I'd listen to Radiohead, same with Queen and U2. They're obviously influenced by them, but it's still always going to be Muse's style

And I wouldn't be worried about them having songs with emotional depth. All you've heard are two singles, and it's rare that a rock band will release their emotional songs as singles. The only one I can think of that they did release as a single was Unintended, and that was from their first album so they probably wanted some variety within the singles. Endlessly, Soldier's Poem, Falling Away With You, along with the ones you mentioned, weren't singles.

I don't think he meant he wanted another one of those songs. He merely meant that he wanted something to touch him in a way that those songs he listed does. (Am I right?) Of course, I feel like there were songs like that on TR ("Redemption" comes to mind), but obviously he doesn't feel the same way, so he's asking for Muse to try again. He wants a song like those, but not exactly like them.

Also, "Sing for Absolution" was a single, and I think it's pretty emotional. (Not trying to detract from your point, which is generally true when it comes to Muse.)

There wasn't much at all of depth on The Resistance. Nothing really got me, aside from the symphony. I don't want something that we've heard, I want something in a similar vein to the songs both of us listed. Those are the songs I enjoy most from them, despite all the rock-pomp.

I've heard more than two songs, I was privileged to sit through half the album the other week. That's why I said it still sounds like Muse :P People were expecting to hear Skrillex for one, we've heard the words "flamenco" and "choral pop", and the band have made a massive deal out of the decision to "draw a line under everything so far". It's not a big line, is all I was saying.

I don't think he meant he wanted another one of those songs. He merely meant that he wanted something to touch him in a way that those songs he listed does. (Am I right?) Of course, I feel like there were songs like that on TR ("Redemption" comes to mind), but obviously he doesn't feel the same way, so he's asking for Muse to try again. He wants a song like those, but not exactly like them.

Also, "Sing for Absolution" was a single, and I think it's pretty emotional. (Not trying to detract from your point, which is generally true when it comes to Muse.)

Redemption is exactly the song from The Resistance that carries that depth, and yes you are spot on. <3

So Madness leaked. I haven't heard/found the leak... But the preview is horrific.

Like so so bad.

Like Mylo Xyloto bad.

I'm hopeful it gets better?

Why do I keep buying the expensive vinyls and then find out they're going to be the worst albums of the bands' careers?

It'll probably be a grower (like Survival), but I don't really care. The band are actually moving into the boldest new direction since Origin of Symmetry. I've heard enough Hysterias and Supermassive Black Holes to last me a lifetime, I'm ready for something, anything new.