✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Well, they cut it. NBC fucking cut Muse from the fucking ceremony. I sat there for 2 1/2 hours, during which I watched Pet Shop Boys, One Direction, Russell Brand, Tinie Tempah, Jessie J, and Beady Eye, none of which I like. You force me to watch that, yet you don't acknowledge Elbow's contribution during the gathering of the nations, and you don't air Muse at all. WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

Sorry, but they're the reason I even bothered to watch the ceremony, and the fact that I didn't get to see them really pisses me off.

So true

"muse was, at one point, one of my favorite bands. they have made a lot of changes in their sound since their first albums, they've even made a lot of changes since i started being into them.

in retrospect, muse never really had a reason to be a top contender for "favorite band ever", they only were because i had such a limited exposure to music back in the day. they were never really that great, and they've only gotten worse, as matt bellamy's ego has grown very much out of sync with reality. these days, this band is pumping out some of the worst music around, not just because the music itself is terrible, but also because it's trying so hard to be good."

Sorry, I read that and felt compelled to message you and say - me too! Exactly!

Black Holes & Revelations was the first record that I ever became obsessed about. And when I was really young I loved Bohemian Rhapsody and a load of Queen stuff.

Then I discovered Radiohead, and I guess it was that which made me obsessed about finding everything there is to know about the musical history & culture.

From Early 1900s noise compositions to Ragtime & Blues to Woodie Guthrie to Duke Ellington to The Beatles to... you get the picture. It's nice to know about these things.

I probably wouldn't have been exposed to the enormous archive of music without Muse. They were perhaps the strongest catalyst in this delightful chemical reaction that happened in my brain way back when. But now looking back on their music and their subsequent releases, I feel quite embarrassed and ashamed.

And did you see Matthew Bellamy's goatee in the Olympics Closing Ceremony? It looked pathetic.

And what prompted me to check them out on RYM was by watching their new "dub step" (oh lord) music video. Unsustainable. Jesus Christ. I feel bad for anyone who still declares themselves as fans, because that is perhaps the most laughable song I've ever heard, and anybody who thought it was poignant or meaningful needs a fucking MRI because they've likely got 2 pints of shit for a brain.

fucking hell how the fuck could you fucking cut the OLYMPIC SONG FROM THE OLYMPIC CLOSING CEREMONY FUCKING ASSHOLES

okay now I feel a bit better

but seriously - I stayed up for HOURS and sat through ONE DIRECTION AND THE SPICE GIRLS, and then they cut Muse :|

okay I finally found out that they released Unsustainable (wow you guys heard it from tumblr, not here :whip:) and I just listened to it, and I actually really like it which is surprising? I mean it's definitely not one of their best songs but it's far from their worst and it's quite catchy. I just wish they'd have less broken-news-anchor-talking and more Matt singing.

fucking hell how the fuck could you fucking cut the OLYMPIC SONG FROM THE OLYMPIC CLOSING CEREMONY FUCKING ASSHOLES

okay now I feel a bit better

but seriously - I stayed up for HOURS and sat through ONE DIRECTION AND THE SPICE GIRLS, and then they cut Muse :|

Actually, more than One Direction and The Spice Girls, I was annoyed that we got Jessie J twice. Surely they could've cut one of those performances and replaced it with Muse? BUT NO. I had to sit there and watch her butcher two classic songs. I was particularly perturbed with the Queen thing. (Actually, perhaps some of the blame should go to the remainder of Queen for even agreeing to do this, but even so...)

Actually, more than One Direction and The Spice Girls, I was annoyed that we got Jessie J twice. Surely they could've cut one of those performances and replaced it with Muse? BUT NO.
:nod:

Jesus Christ. I feel bad for anyone who still declares themselves as fans, because that is perhaps the most laughable song I've ever heard, and anybody who thought it was poignant or meaningful needs a fucking MRI because they've likely got 2 pints of shit for a brain.
Hehehe, it's okay. In retrospect, I feel bad for you for not being able to comprehend their new song ;)

It's a matter of taste. Loving music that you don't, doesn't make anyone a no-brainer, hahaha!

:nod:

Hehehe, it's okay. In retrospect, I feel bad for you for not being able to comprehend their new song ;)

It's a matter of taste. Loving music that you don't, doesn't make anyone a no-brainer, hahaha!

THIS. Please, just THINK about that point because I don't think you did. Perhaps yours is the brain that requires fucking scanning.

I like it! For me, it's better than Survival (which grew on me actually). It has dubstep elements but it lacks all the stuff I don't like about dubstep. If this is in fact classified as dubstep, it is the only dubstep song I genuinley like.

It's not dubstep really. That's just my opinion, it's influenced, but it isn't actually a dubstep song, in the same way that Hoodoo isn't flamenco or Butterflies and Hurricanes isn't classical.

People are overreacting. There is music of quality and worth in all genres.

It's not dubstep really. That's just my opinion, it's influenced, but it isn't actually a dubstep song, in the same way that Hoodoo isn't flamenco or Butterflies and Hurricanes isn't classical.

People are overreacting. There is music of quality and worth in all genres.

mmm I quite agree although I'm still going to call it dubstep because I'm lazy and it's easier than saying "Muse's style with dubstep influences"

Just to let everyone know - the album version of "Survival" is on A Symphony of British Music, the London 2012 closing ceremony soundtrack. It includes that millisecond transition from "Prelude", although an album quality m4a of "Prelude" hasn't appeared yet.

mmm I quite agree although I'm still going to call it dubstep because I'm lazy and it's easier than saying "Muse's style with dubstep influences"

Well, calling it "Muse's dubstep song" won't confuse it with anything else will it? :P

For all the hype, I can tell you that this album won't be nearly as different as Matt promised.

Depending on the interpretation, that COULD be a good thing. We won't know until the album comes out.

Speaking of which, with the date being pushed back to October, we have about a month and a half until it gets here, sooner if there's a leak. :bomb: