✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

If you liked Time is running out, maybe you could listen to Absolution, the album this song is from. To me, it's a good way to be introduced to Muse, since it comprises themes and sounds that bear some resemblance to the previous and following albums. It's a great album anyway :)

This! Absolution is the album that got me hooked on Muse!

Hello, Yu-Tong! It's nice to see you're submersing yourself into Muse. :awesome:

If I can make another suggestion, as you're familiar with more of the later stuff, I'd save "Showbiz" for last. This album (their first one) is very raw and unrefined, making it (in my opinion) more difficult to get into, especially if you're just starting to listen to Muse.

Hello, Yu-Tong! It's nice to see you're submersing yourself into Muse. :awesome:

If I can make another suggestion, as you're familiar with more of the later stuff, I'd save "Showbiz" for last. This album (their first one) is very raw and unrefined, making it (in my opinion) more difficult to get into, especially if you're just starting to listen to Muse.

:nod: Showbiz is very unrepresentative of their later music, except for maybe Sunburn.

:nod: Showbiz is very unrepresentative of their later music, except for maybe Sunburn.

Showbiz isn't bad, but it's an awfully blatant attempt to recreate The Bends.

I'd argue that the title track is more Muse-esque too, though.

Thank you for the advice. :) I listened to Absolution and Origin of Symmetry last night. They are good. And Claire helps me a lot because she list what songs she likes from every album. I really appreciate her. :P

Yu-tong! :hug: Glad to see you're interested in Muse.

I like to discover good music. Well it's never too late to do it, right? :hug:

It's good to see lyrics from official site. Friendly design. :) I check Muse's forum. The site is like here, but with few people. Is anyone a member there? How do you feel at there? :rolleyes:

Would you like to see my friend play? :3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT4pMZ_xLZI]Muse - Time is Running Out (Cover) - YouTube[/ame]

I used to post on Muse's forum. Extremely unfriendly and rude people. If you want a friendlier Muse fan community, check out Muselive. It's less active than both the official site and than Coldplaying, but there are cool people there and it's also a great place to find gig bootlegs and other unreleased downloads.

I have an account on the muse.mu forum... It's a very different atmosphere there than here. Yeah, there are some assholes there but from what I can tell the majority of people there mean well (even if they come over as rude). The problem is that the ones who are assholes are a lot more prominent than those that aren't :\

edit: Oh yeah and if you have an opinion that's different to the majority then you will be flamed. So if you like Guiding Light, Feeling Good or Neutron Star Collision then STAY away from that place!

It's good to see lyrics from official site. Friendly design. :) I check Muse's forum. The site is like here, but with few people. Is anyone a member there? How do you feel at there? :rolleyes:

I used to post on Muse's forum. Extremely unfriendly and rude people. If you want a friendlier Muse fan community, check out Muselive. It's less active than both the official site and than Coldplaying, but there are cool people there and it's also a great place to find gig bootlegs and other unreleased downloads.

I have an account on the muse.mu forum... It's a very different atmosphere there than here. Yeah, there are some assholes there but from what I can tell the majority of people there mean well (even if they come over as rude). The problem is that the ones who are assholes are a lot more prominent than those that aren't :\

So I'm not the only one feeling the hostility, for lack of words. I have an account on muse.mu and the forum and I have made only about three posts in the past four months because I'm terrified of them. But maybe I'll try Muselive.

At first I wasn't sure about Panic Station, it didn't really do anything for me :\

Now I really like it :guitarist:

I loved it from pretty much the first moment I heard it :D

I'm still not really too keen on Follow Me though :\

Maybe you will like this short version better then:

:P

Thank you but no D: Those back vocals in that song are soo irritating! And lyrics are totally unprofessional. :\

I loved it from pretty much the first moment I heard it :D

I'm still not really too keen on Follow Me though :\

Follow Me has grown on me :P