✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

He's going with you and he hasn't heard any of their music? o:

I hope that the US tour gets some song rotation, they had very little variation last tour

He's listened to Black Holes & Revelations (which he thought was their first album :facepalm:) and I know he knows of Hysteria and Uprising. I lent him The 2nd Law so he'll know at least a few of the songs they play (if he actually listens to it). I've also played him Futurism and the first few seconds of HTAILY and he seemed to like those :laugh3:

I don't know the results yet, they haven't published them ><

Personally, I'm not sure if I'll make it in. My solo was pretty good (except I missed the end of the cut so I kept going another 10 measure or so ahaha), my scales weren't bad but they were a bit shaky (as was I), but the sight reading was pretty good even though I took it really slow. It's a toss up; it could go either way. D:

Well, you did your best. I wish you the best of luck, from one band member to another. :heart:

He's listened to Black Holes & Revelations (which he thought was their first album :facepalm:) and I know he knows of Hysteria and Uprising. I lent him The 2nd Law so he'll know at least a few of the songs they play (if he actually listens to it). I've also played him Futurism and the first few seconds of HTAILY and he seemed to like those :laugh3:

"Futurism!" :awesome:

Good songs, at least. I think one of the best things about Muse is that even if you don't know their music, their visual show is interesting enough that it doesn't matter. My mom was with me for my first Muse concert and she had never heard them before and she still had a great time!

Well, you did your best. I wish you the best of luck, from one band member to another. :heart:

Thank you! It's been 10 hours and 45 minutes since I auditioned, and about 6 hours since the last audition but they haven't posted the list yet, I'm dying here ;n;

I'm kind of surprised you like Animals! Not disagreeing with you though, I'd agree that those are probably their best.

Although I'd probably add Ruled By Secrecy.

Animals is the love child of Darkshines and Screenager. Possibly the best song on either of the 2 past albums.

And RBS would probably be my #6

So how is everyone? Getting ready for some concerts? Mine's in. . . three months and 2 weeks I believe. Pretty excited!

2 and a half weeks for me? Wow, didn't realize it was that soon. :stunned:

Let's be honest, guys - if Redemption were played in any other country in the world besides Japan, people would just talk over it and there would be random girly shrieks every 3 seconds. I watched a video and it's complete silence in the crowd.

Adele's voice is infinitely more Bond-appropriate than Matt's voice.

Definitely.

But not only that, but when Muse do bombast, it always has a tongue-in-cheek feel to it, to me at least. Knights of Cydonia is mildly amusing, same with Survival, and Supremacy I laughed at the first time I heard, just for the "Suuuupremaccyyyyyy!" line. Maybe just me, but I don't think they're the right band for something like Bond.

Last Shadow Puppets for Bond 24 please. <3

Adele's voice is infinitely more Bond-appropriate than Matt's voice.

Yeah, I agree.

Although, the first thing my mom said when she heard Supremacy was "this sounds like a Bond song". imo it sounds like an imitation of a Bond song, it doesn't have that soul that they usually do but maybe that's just me

The strings and guitarwork still remind me each time of Puff Daddy's Come with Me:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO0FClKznlg]Puff Daddy ft Jimmy Page - Come With Me [HQ] - YouTube[/ame]

(and yes, I know Puff Daddy used that sample, it's not his creation - uh nevermind, Jimmy Page is in there as well)

Muse North America 2013

I saw Muse last night in Los Angeles...what an awesome amazing show. So freaking much fun. We were on the floor, all GA, about 5 feet from the barrier and 10 feet from stage. The pyramid they're using is so cool, and they played Undisclosed Desires, so I can die happy now. Here is the link to my pics on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151265344802099.466902.573127098&type=1&l=346f262751

I was there too, Dianne! Got barrier on Chris' side! I'll post pics later.

I also went to the 2nd night but was in a seat. Witnessed the following:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig40O8e4gJw]Muse - Sign o' the Times (Prince cover) - Live at Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - 1/24/13 - YouTube[/ame]

I was there too, Dianne! Got barrier on Chris' side! I'll post pics later.

I also went to the 2nd night but was in a seat. Witnessed the following:

Muse - Sign o' the Times (Prince cover) - Live at Staples Center - Los Angeles, CA - 1/24/13 - YouTube

We were like 3 people back from the barrier on Chris's side, and about 4 people from the center ramp until KoC, then it got insane. LOL. We were with Erick, Gotcheese2768. How far down the barrier were you?

And i just tweeted that the people on the Muse forum are complaining that they changed the setlist, adding Sunburn, while Coldplay doesn't. Can't please anyone, can you? LOL

And i just tweeted that the people on the Muse forum are complaining that they changed the setlist, adding Sunburn, while Coldplay doesn't. Can't please anyone, can you? LOL

Wow really, people are complaining that they played Sunburn, a song that hasn't been played in the US for 6 years? :laugh3: