✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

People are complaining they played it the 2nd night and not the 1st.

Oh I see. Still they shouldn't complain! It's not like one night got a much better setlist than the other. And at least they're playing longer shows than they did on the last US tour.

Psssh, we still got Bliss on the 1st night. That's an extremely rare song in North America. It got replaced by boring ol' Resistance on the 2nd night. As someone who went to BOTH nights, they were both equally good. Now let's see what night #3 has in store...

(for the record, I sobbed like a baby during Sunburn, been wanting to hear that for YEARS)

We were like 3 people back from the barrier on Chris's side, and about 4 people from the center ramp until KoC, then it got insane. LOL. We were with Erick, Gotcheese2768. How far down the barrier were you?

About 3 people down from the center slant. Chris was basically directly in front of me.

I noticed the crowd was really tame until KoC and then it suddenly got wild! Not that I was complaining about tons of personal space to jump during Bliss, of course.

Psssh, we still got Bliss on the 1st night. That's an extremely rare song in North America. It got replaced by boring ol' Resistance on the 2nd night. As someone who went to BOTH nights, they were both equally good. Now let's see what night #3 has in store...

(for the record, I sobbed like a baby during Sunburn, been wanting to hear that for YEARS)

About 3 people down from the center slant. Chris was basically directly in front of me.

I noticed the crowd was really tame until KoC and then it suddenly got wild! Not that I was complaining about tons of personal space to jump during Bliss, of course.

You had to have been right by us. We were right in front of Chris too. KoC got crazy, all of a sudden there were like twice as many people. This one girl wedged herself in between my husband and me and wouldn't move. She was like crying would not move over, even when I pushed her out of the way, kshe moved right back. It was the most bizarre thing. Funny too because we are both tall, and of course, I got the usual complaints about standing in front of short people so they couldn't see :/

You can see where I was from these pics. No video though, I wanted to enjoy and not concentrating on recording, but I did get a bit of Starlight on my iPhone.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151265344802099.466902.573127098&type=1&l=346f262751

I'd love to go again tomorrow if I could get a GA ticket, but I wouldn't be all that excited about sitting in the rain all day.

You wanna know how I know we were close to each other, Dianne? The fact that I clicked your FB album and briefly thought they were my own photos! :laugh3:

I'll briefly make my album public (act fast, folks!) to compare. First 40 or so photos are night 1.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.583711031643293.147628.100000132050984&type=3

The crowd was at its worst during Undisclosed Desires. Hoards of little girls rushed the barrier to touch Matt. The 3 guys to the right of me completely lost their barrier spot to little girls who shoved forward and then proceeded to text the entire rest of the show haha.

You wanna know how I know we were close to each other, Dianne? The fact that I clicked your FB album and briefly thought they were my own photos! :laugh3:

I'll briefly make my album public (act fast, folks!) to compare. First 40 or so photos are night 1.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.583711031643293.147628.100000132050984&type=3

The crowd was at its worst during Undisclosed Desires. Hoards of little girls rushed the barrier to touch Matt. The 3 guys to the right of me completely lost their barrier spot to little girls who shoved forward and then proceeded to text the entire rest of the show haha.

That's too funny. We didn't get there until almost 4, my husband had to work. So I was happy we were as close as we were. Those little girls were so obnoxious - all the ones trying to weave their way to the front "my friend is up there." At one point, my husband asked one girl what her friend's name was, she said "Justin" so he yelled "Justin!" No one turned around so she left. Hahaha.

Well, that ends my run of 3 Muse shows in 4 days, and now I'm probably done seeing them until their 7th album (unless they show up at a random festival I happen to be at over the next year). Have fun at the rest of the shows, guys! I'll post some pics later.

I think even Dan and Phil's (danisnotonfire and AmazingPhil) video is better.

:dazzled:

Muse is fucking amazing live. I don't like swearing, but that's pretty much what describes them. I don't even particularly enjoy the 2nd law, but holyyyyy. That was like the second best concert I've been to.

sdlfjsbegszgsdg :dance:

I am super excited to see them

Any suggestions on time to get there if I'm standing?:)

Muse is fucking amazing live. I don't like swearing, but that's pretty much what describes them. I don't even particularly enjoy the 2nd law, but holyyyyy. That was like the second best concert I've been to.

sdlfjsbegszgsdg :dance:

It's weird, everyone says this, but I've never felt particularly included or wanted at a Muse gig. They don't seem to acknowledge the audience much, in gesture or setlist to be honest, but that might just have been the gigs I went to :\

It's weird, everyone says this, but I've never felt particularly included or wanted at a Muse gig. They don't seem to acknowledge the audience much, in gesture or setlist to be honest, but that might just have been the gigs I went to :\

I get that feeling from the concert videos I see... At some times, they can be a bit too professional.

At first they were like that but i think now finally they have a proper connection with the audience. Matt let people sing along, he touches people and other things that before 2010 were never seen. I think they have learned this from Coldplay

There is a lot more audience interaction this tour, although stage banter is still brief is ever, with a "Thank you!" after every few songs and that's it.

And no, they didn't learn it from Coldplay. It's not like Coldplay's the only band to ever acknowledge the audience. Hell, Coldplay doesn't even really interact much anyway.

There is a lot more audience interaction this tour, although stage banter is still brief is ever, with a "Thank you!" after every few songs and that's it.

And no, they didn't learn it from Coldplay. It's not like Coldplay's the only band to ever acknowledge the audience. Hell, Coldplay doesn't even really interact much anyway.

actually Dom said that in an interview, he said something like: we trying to interact with the audience like U2 and Coldplay, so we're not the best band in the world

Coldplay are one of the most interactive bands I've seen. I watched them in the pouring rain at the Emirates and Chris kept apologising for it, thanking us for going anyway, and even sung Singin' In the Rain before Don't Let It Break Your Heart. It was really nice that he actually cared, and it whenever I've seen them, I've always felt like they're performing to me and me alone.