✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Muse Thread - Hate This & I'll Hate You

CountingDemons

Based on the Muse forums, fans seem to have an unreachable expectation with each album, so it's not surprising they don't rate most of their new efforts.

Listened to the unheard songs from the album a few times when driving and I am impressed. I think it's a very consistent album and would rate it at the top end of their albums, behind Absolution and BHAR. Revolt is the best song on the album for me, followed by Dead Inside and The Handler

Based on the Muse forums, fans seem to have an unreachable expectation with each album, so it's not surprising they don't rate most of their new efforts.

Listened to the unheard songs from the album a few times when driving and I am impressed. I think it's a very consistent album and would rate it at the top end of their albums, behind Absolution and BHAR. Revolt is the best song on the album for me, followed by Dead Inside and The Handler

what do you like about revolt?

The Handler is the best to me. It brings me back to the Absolution days. Coldplay needs to do this too. Bring us fans back to the days or the trilogy. Like JJ Abrams needs to do with Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Bring us back to Return if the Jefi and The Empire Strikes Back. Like Radiohead needs to do also. Bring us back to the Bends + OK Computer days.

this is my ratings after a couple listenings:

11372525_1594885214094501_504082136_n.jpg

Defector: starts interesting but looses intensity, although that solo is cool

Revolt: words cannot tell how much I dislike this one, srsly Muse :facepalm:

Aftermath: pretty odd song, has a Pink Floyd feel to it - me likey

Globalist: it's USoE part 2 not CE but ok, the first act (0:00 - 1:29) works better as a separated song and the second (1:29 - 4:30) is Muse regretting giving Soaked to Adam Lambert :lol:

Drones: should've been a hidden track

Muse's Drones in a quote:

"...the infuriating thing is that if I turn off my brain, ignore the lyrics, and just try to rock out, there are moments where the musicianship is good enough for me to enjoy a few songs - in other words, the only way I can enjoy Drones is becoming a drone myself."

I'm absolutely in love. I had about zero expectations with this because I was so completely disappointed by The 2nd Law, and all I can say is wow! I've only listened through thrice, but some of the songs are so damn catchy without having that cheese factor that plagued The Resistance (and T2L). The only one that's a bit closer to cheese than quality is Revolt.

That being said, I was completely blown away by The Globalist. HOLY SHIT. Some whistle thingy in the beginning that was reminiscent of the live KOC intro, to Helsinki Jam (STUDIO QUALITY HELSINKI JAM; HOW LONG HAVE WE WAITED FOR THIS?!), to some humming of Nimrod by Elgar from Enigma Variations? 10/10 Muse, way to completely restore my faith in you.

I haven't listened to a single new album since about 2013 (I just got so damn tired of all the music I had been listening to, and everything new was so bleh) but I figured I'd give this one a try since I do still love Muse's old stuff, and I'm so happy I did.

Did anyone else notice one song (I don't quite have the names down yet, sorry!) sounded very much like Thoughts of a Dying Atheist? I can't remember which one it was!

• Like 1

I actually didn't like the songs, when they where posted on youtube. But now having listened to the album as a whole for a few times I really love every song [emoji4].

Even revolt, which to me has some "movie-soundtrack-vibe" [emoji1]

How would you guys rank and rate the songs?

Here's mine:

1. The Handler - 9.5/10

2. Reapers - 9.5/10

3. Dead Inside - 9/10

4. The Globalist - 8/10

5. Drill Sergeant + Psycho - 7.5/10

6. Mercy - 7/10

7. Aftermath - 7/10

8. JFK + Defector - 7/10

9. Drones - 5.5/10

10. Revolt - 4.5/10

^ if u go back to post #27641 u can see my ratings....

so the rank would be like:

1. Reapers

2. Psycho

3. The Globalist

4. The Handler

5. Aftermath

6. Drones

7. Defector

8. Dead Inside

9. [JFK]

10. Mercy

11. [Drill Sergeant]