✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown / Princess of China

edward_kingdom

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CB... Please. I only care for the videos. They've filmed it and they should release it.

There was no word about the POC video, so who know when they'll film it and release it.

Miss Fenty is very busy with takin bikini photos and such, waiting for the POC video is gonna be torture.

P.S. Why da fuck is the song named Princess Of China? :thinking:

Oh and speaking of CB and POC and their commercial success,

do you guise think that both songs are kinda sorta "fatally flawed" for not having a real chorus? :sick:

Paradise has 1672534 choruses and these two only have riffs instead of sung choruses...

The timing on all of this, as well as the fact that it appears they are promoting two songs at once, seems strange to us but I have a theory on their reasoning:

This could all be part of a very calculated (not to mention ambitious) plan to take a shot at having two songs in the top 10 at once. Kind of like “a battle on two fronts” so to speak. Promote Charlie Brown with a new video and Princess of China with live appearances all while releasing both of them to radio stations.

Again, just a theory but... could it work?

The timing on all of this, as well as the fact that it appears they are promoting two songs at once, seems strange to us but I have a theory on their reasoning:

This could all be part of a very calculated (not to mention ambitious) plan to take a shot at having two songs in the top 10 at once. Kind of like “a battle on two fronts” so to speak. Promote Charlie Brown with a new video and Princess of China with live appearances all while releasing both of them to radio stations.

Again, just a theory but... could it work?

I think that's a reasoneable theory... but the problem is that I dont think it'll work and I don't think it'll be OK for both songs... People who barely know Coldplay but love pop music will go for Princess of China... while most of the Coldplayers will Love Charlie Brown... but since the majority of people who will like Charlie Brown are the ones who are already Coldplay fans and have the album... then the radio stations will be playing Princess of China more than CB... and also single success will be PoC... that's my guess if they do that...

I think that's a reasoneable theory... but the problem is that I dont think it'll work and I don't think it'll be OK for both songs... People who barely know Coldplay but love pop music will go for Princess of China... while most of the Coldplayers will Love Charlie Brown... but since the majority of people who will like Charlie Brown are the ones who are already Coldplay fans and have the album... then the radio stations will be playing Princess of China more than CB... and also single success will be PoC... that's my guess if they do that...

Yeah I agree. It's a nice idea but probably not sensible, it would confuse people who listen to the charts but aren't necessarily fans of CP and one would probably end up missing out and being in the shadow of the other one. If they are released separately, so many months apart, then they both have a chance of doing really well commercially. :sneaky:

Yeah I agree. It's a nice idea but probably not sensible, it would confuse people who listen to the charts but aren't necessarily fans of CP and one would probably end up missing out and being in the shadow of the other one. If they are released separately, so many months apart, then they both have a chance of doing really well commercially. :sneaky:

Yes, that's exactly what I want... Both songs separated months apart so both have their own chance of success!!!

There were a lot of rumours about having new info starting February... right at this time I think we won't until the Grammys... I think next day everything will be clear for us... and I think PoC will be released as the new single due to the success it's gonna have in that moment when they perform....

They will have to prepare a video for that (which they can do taking advantage of the reunion)... and finally... a couple of months later Charlie Brown will come

That's what I think will happen.

Really people, I think there's nothing to be afraid of. Coldplay management are business professionnals. They now how to make it good. Don't be afraid. I honestly think they know what they're doing. :)

I never criticised them! That would be the last thing I would do! We're are just discussing what we think WILL happen. :cool::sneaky:

Ok... so it seems Charlie Brown video is coming, (not mattering if Princess of China is or not a new single)...

Yeah, i'm glad as CB is 10x better than POC but surprised as the Grammys, Brits and the Australian Promo trip would have been the perfect opportunity to propel it to number 1 but then they probably have the same plans for CB! :lol:

• 1 month later...

I have only heard POC only once on my local #1 hits radio station, and never CB. I personally love them both, but if I was to choose the next single, it would definitely be CB. Also, I have made my own single cover from the picture of POC on the YT video. I made it with GIMP. I hope you guys like it! Here it is:

rtkzfq.jpg

I have only heard POC only once on my local #1 hits radio station, and never CB. I personally love them both, but if I was to choose the next single, it would definitely be CB. Also, I have made my own single cover from the picture of POC on the YT video. I made it with GIMP. I hope you guys like it! Here it is:

rtkzfq.jpg

That's cool. Thanks. :cool:;)

rtkzfq.jpg

thanks! ;)

Charlie Brown has been released as a Promo to all mainstream radio in European countries beginning November 21, 2011, Triple A airplay and Alternative radio airplay in the United States beginning January 23, 2012. A official single release in the UK due for this Monday has been reported.

Princess Of China has been released on February 14, 2012 as a Promo to mainstream United States only. No word on it so far being an official single, but it's obvious some time this year it's going to be a single.

I've recorded all this on the f:censored:ng Era chart!

Charlie Brown has been released as a Promo to all mainstream radio in European countries beginning November 21, 2011, Triple A airplay and Alternative radio airplay in the United States beginning January 23, 2012. A official single release in the UK due for this Monday has been reported.

Princess Of China has been released on February 14, 2012 as a Promo to mainstream United States only. No word on it so far being an official single, but it's obvious some time this year it's going to be a single.

----------------------------------------------

Is there any word about this being released as a promo yet?:inquisitive:

No

:blank: I hate ignorance.

I've recorded all this on the f:censored:ng Era chart!

Calm down plz. Your MX chart thread is not the centerpiece of Coldplaying. Not everyone is going to check your thread, because: a) it often presents unconfirmed reports and b) maybe if you were more friendly to the people curious, more would check out what you have to offer.

Don't put blame others of being ignorant when you can be pretty ignorant yourself.