✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I can't beleive it, Princess of China Flops in the US

ihaveabono

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really want HLH to be a single, the video would be incredible... but that 40-second intro (how would they do a radio edit?!) makes me think that that ain't happening.

I don't think that HLH will be a single unfortunately (as much as I would love it to be) but I reckon if they did, they'd just cut out most of the MX intro for a radio edit, and then cut little bits out of the ending to get it to the required length. But what do I know? :D

Off-Topic:

Believe or not: Yesterday in the evening,around 9pm, Hurts like Heaven was played in our Radio-Station( called SWR 1) :shocked2: But the Intro was cutted. It was so strange because this Radio-Station usually plays only songs from the 80´s...i really went like that ->First: :thinking: Second: :shocked2: Third: :o

Off-Topic:

Believe or not: Yesterday in the evening,around 9pm, Hurts like Heaven was played in our Radio-Station( called SWR 1) :shocked2: But the Intro was cutted. It was so strange because this Radio-Station usually plays only songs from the 80´s...i really went like that ->First: :thinking: Second: :shocked2: Third: :o

I really need to move to another area where the radio plays Coldplay....

• 2 weeks later...

I will admit how surprised I am that the song hasn't taken off in the US like it appears to be in the UK. Why do you guys think the USA hasn't quite embraced it or in my opinion a majority of MX? I get XM/Sirius and I see Paradise on quite often, but other than that nothing.

^ Yeah, it doesn't have a traditional chorus like every other song out there right now, so that could be a reason.

Also, here in Toronto, I've yet to hear Paradise or PoC on the radio. Though I did hear the tiesto remix once, if that counts.

You guys need to be realistic, the public love something as massive as Coldplay and Rihanna, that is why when the album came out it was the highest digital selling song from MX on iTunes US and blasted on the Billboard Hot 100 at #20. The problem is if they were expecting a #1 single, which they easily could have had was they released it way too late. You can not give the general public something as major as a Rihanna feature and let it wait for records like Paradise and Charlie Brown. Without the support of it being released as an official single when it was hot on airplay, caused it to die even though it was doing very well. That's like if Eminem waited to release Love the Way You Lie as a fourth single instead of his second one.

Also, Rihanna has always been over saturated on radio, she currently ran into the top 10 of airplay with her new single so radio isn't hungry for "new" music by her. I love CP and Rihanna and I'm disappointed it won't be the big hit it easily would have been stateside, but then again I'm one of the few people here who love the record it seems. :P

^ Yeah, it doesn't have a traditional chorus like every other song out there right now, so that could be a reason.

Also, here in Toronto, I've yet to hear Paradise or PoC on the radio. Though I did hear the tiesto remix once, if that counts.

Not sure about Paradise, but PoC wasn't released to all the formats Coldplay usually get released on here in North America, and was released to some formats they aren't usually on. Notably, it wasn't released for Triple A play, which has always been Coldplay's strongest NA radio format.