✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I can't beleive it, Princess of China Flops in the US

ihaveabono

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Bono, it reached #20 with 0 promotion, and ETIAW and Paradise reached #14 and #15 with maximum promo.

Teh Amerikahs obviously likes it, so it's gonna do great.

Especially with the video which is rumored to feature the band shirtless at the beach and RiRi in a wet T-shirt.

I think CB's gonna flop big time in the US tho. :sad:

BE PATIENT! :D

I think it started to get played because of the Grammys, and so they thought it was gonna be released (and the band probably hadn't really made their mind, or something like that), but now CB is gonna be released very soon, so I guess it's normal that PoC is being removed, but it will come back :D

And it's Rihanna, so it'll be a hit in the US :nod:

but it was REMOVED, from the airplay list, lol, an announcement that it will be a single wont magically make POC re appear on the airplay list, lol :)

I'm surprised they didn't realise it simultaneously with the album instead of Paradise. I think POC would have been more fitting for boosting album sales. Although, i'm sure it will be a huge commercial success. Everyone knows that most radio listeners don't listen to music anywhere else. They only buy what they hear on the radio, I haven't heard POC on the radio once in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

I still think that it's unbelievable how well Paradise is doing, I still prefer to think that Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is the feature single instead. I prefer a cheesy lyrics and a sampled melody to blatant mediocrity, it's just that cheese that brought me to this band in the first place. :)

Although if I DID have my druthers, Charlie Brown would be the successful one but that obviously won't be the case...

^ A lot of their best songs ARE underrated, but how is Charlie Brown underrated? Here on Coldplaying the general consensus seems to be that it's the best song on the album. Unless you're referring to the lack of promotion for the song and whatnot, then you're right :P

if you're a real fan of Coldplay, you'll know it from the very start that their good songs are, more often than not, underrated. Take Lovers in Japan, Charlie Brown and Amsterdam.

Define "underrated". Most singles are not underrated. Charlie Brown and LIJ are popular as hell, even among casual Coldplay fans who don't listen to full albums.

Non-singles? Certainly. That's the way it is with most bands, whose best songs aren't singles at all.

I hope you didn't just call Paradise blatant mediocrity. It's no lyrical masterpiece but it is the potent Coldplay sound infused with Hip Hop influences. That's a winning formula.

In my opinion Paradise is a lyrical masterpiece it makes sense...well at least to me it does. You have to decipher the lyrics.

• 3 weeks later...
In my opinion Paradise is a lyrical masterpiece it makes sense...well at least to me it does. You have to decipher the lyrics.

:facepalm:

please enlighten us. What is the true meaning of the lyrics of Paradise :rolleyes: