✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

Exactly. It's hypocrisy, but ultimately it's clear as day why this record has been crucified by fans.

Rihanna is on the record, in the video and on the album. I say deal with it, I personally am very fond of Rihanna so that's easier for me to say. But I also happen to respect and agree with Chris' thoughts on her and the inclusion of her in this era. It's not like she was desperate and got on the record because they exploded with the Viva La Vida era leading to the pop stars wanting to work with them. He approached her and wrote it intentionally for her.

Anyhow I'll stop ranting. It just seems like I'm the only major Coldplay fan that loves the record so I have to stand harder for it :P

This! Unlike you, I really don't care about Rihanna's music. Well, I did find Umbrella cute. But she was minding her own business being a very successful pop star when Chris wrote a song with her in mind, asked her to sing on the track, and to appear in the video. All she did was to accept the offer, yet some fans are treating her like an intruder.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Coldplay has the right to experiment if they want to. Like The Oracle once mentioned Coldplay are not afraid to go out of their genre, it's people who put songs in categories; rock, pop,

Edit:Found the question

Q. Is Coldplay afraid of making music outside their "genre"?

The Oracle replies:

Not at all, that said, I think genres are misguided labels. Music is music. It was pigeonholed so that lazy people knew where to find it in the record store.

This! Unlike you, I really don't care about Rihanna's music. Well, I did find Umbrella cute. But she was minding her own business being a very successful pop star when Chris wrote a song with her in mind, asked her to sing on the track, and to appear in the video. All she did was to accept the offer, yet some fans are treating her like an intruder.

I love that last part, some fans really are behaving like she hijacked a session and placed herself on the album. :laugh3:

I voted 0. As I have told before, I don't like the song, and I prefer simple videos.

But yeah, for a Rihanna video, it's a good video. It's not for a Coldplay video.

Exactly what I think! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpLQtIcIFKk]Princess of China video review - Spray Can Soul TV - YouTube[/ame]

For me it just doesn't seem to flow very well, of course there is a theme but the scenes seem quite badly edited together... Or maybe i'm just not smart enough to get it?! Rihanna just isn't very convincing /enthusiastic either.

Same thing here. I don't think I get it and I don't think she looks excited to be in a video with one of the world's greatest band.

I'm also confused by the comments of "where are the rest of the band members". I mean we have Yellow, The Scientist and Strawberry Swing where there was no Jonny, Guy or Will but quite a few still count these videos as being their favourites. :shrug:

^THIS!

Rihanna is on the record, in the video and on the album. I say deal with it, I personally am very fond of Rihanna so that's easier for me to say. But I also happen to respect and agree with Chris' thoughts on her and the inclusion of her in this era. It's not like she was desperate and got on the record because they exploded with the Viva La Vida era leading to the pop stars wanting to work with them. He approached her and wrote it intentionally for her.

I don't like Rihanna, and I don't understand why she was picked to be a part of this album. That doesn't bother me. It's not why I don't like this album. In fact, I love this album, I really do. But PoC is not my favorite song, and I really don't like the video.

Umbrella song is Rihanna and Jay-Z

and here is Coldplay kind of idea for Princess of China :

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74868

Princess of China video review - Spray Can Soul TV - YouTube[/url]

Same thing here. I don't think I get it and I don't think she looks excited to be in a video with one of the world's greatest band.

^THIS!

I don't like Rihanna, and I don't understand why she was picked to be a part of this album. That doesn't bother me. It's not why I don't like this album. In fact, I love this album, I really do. But PoC is not my favorite song, and I really don't like the video.

I watched your review and I honestly liked and understood it but I love the video.

I am a Rihanna fan as well though and you did say her fans would enjoy it. Definitely not a standard Coldplay video so I got it when you said it's not good for a Coldplay video. I disagree about Rihanna looking bored, I'm familiar with her work and to me it came across more like intensity rather than being bored. She has this chilling effect she does with her mannerisms when she wants to convey something to the audience (clearly she failed though I guess lmao) and I thought she did a good job in the scenes where she and Chris were kneeling, I thought they played the part of bruised but attached lovers..It could have been better though.

^ I used to be a Rihanna fan, I still love her song Umbrella.

The video could have been worse, image if Coldplay collaborated with Lady Gaga..that would have been terrible IMO

Its only one on one album, by the next album some may forget about the whole Rihanna /Coldplay stuff

^ I used to be a Rihanna fan, I still love her song Umbrella.

The video could have been worse, image if Coldplay collaborated with Lady Gaga..that would have been terrible IMO

Its only one on one album, by the next album some may forget about the whole Rihanna /Coldplay stuff

A Lady GaGa collaboration alone would be horrendous, don't even give me the thought of a video. :P

Well, in going to be the superficial one and say I gave PoC a 10/10 just for the fact that Chris looked impeccable and gorgeous. I loved the scruff.

P.S I give permission to judge me. I deserve it.

Chris did look good, you can't deny that.

But I hope Coldplay doesn't go Maroon 5, I don't think Will would let that happen since he makes the decisions:laugh3:

I watched your review and I honestly liked and understood it but I love the video.

I am a Rihanna fan as well though and you did say her fans would enjoy it. Definitely not a standard Coldplay video so I got it when you said it's not good for a Coldplay video. I disagree about Rihanna looking bored, I'm familiar with her work and to me it came across more like intensity rather than being bored. She has this chilling effect she does with her mannerisms when she wants to convey something to the audience (clearly she failed though I guess lmao) and I thought she did a good job in the scenes where she and Chris were kneeling, I thought they played the part of bruised but attached lovers..It could have been better though.

Yeah I think it's a thing that appeals to Rihanna fans, because I usually think she always looks bored, but I know her fans don't think so.

Gaaaaah, they got too popular! That's what I hate about this era! Viva la Vida was a blessing and a curse!

exactly! the perfect thing now for them would be to take 3 or 4 years off and just disappear. they've reached a level of stardom that no matter how long they leave the scene, whenever they come back there'll still be millions of fans wanting to listen to their music. it would give them so much time to work on something groundbreaking and maybe even more evolutionary.

i don't mind evolution as long as they stick to their roots. its why i love VLV so much and i think its one of the greatest if not THE greatest albums of all time along with AROBTTH.

but they carry on with MX and they might end up on pitbull's next album

(and i love what u've done with my quotes thnx i guess!:D)

exactly! the perfect thing now for them would be to take 3 or 4 years off and just disappear. they've reached a level of stardom that no matter how long they leave the scene, whenever they come back there'll still be millions of fans wanting to listen to their music. it would give them so much time to work on something groundbreaking and maybe even more evolutionary.

i don't mind evolution as long as they stick to their roots. its why i love VLV so much and i think its one of the greatest if not THE greatest albums of all time along with AROBTTH.

but they carry on with MX and they might end up on pitbull's next album

(and i love what u've done with my quotes thnx i guess!:D)

Interesting thought, although I like MX it would be good for the to take a break after this tour, not a long one, but something like The Killers after Day & Age, just to put the ideas back in it's place

^Rihanna hair did look horrible at the Grammys. At least she looks pretty good in the video. The video itself is average but Chris looks so good in it that I gave it a 7.

I also gave it 7 / 10. I think that's the appropriate rating.

I'm also confused by the comments of "where are the rest of the band members". I mean we have Yellow, The Scientist and Strawberry Swing where there was no Jonny, Guy or Will but quite a few still count these videos as being their favourites. :shrug:

I know that, but in those videos there was no space for Jonny, Will and Guy for the concept and history of the same . I was just saying the others could appeared playing their instruments. How about Will playing those drums on 0:31 or 2:35?