✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clocks video didn't have a plot. Neither did Fix You. I don't know, I've never really cared about videos the way so many people seem to. I just like the music:shrug:

Neither SoS and the shitty THP do :nod:

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one who actually kinda liked it? I had SUPER low expectations for this video... I was scared it might be some slutty Rhianna shit video... I was honestly pleasantly surprised. I thought it was kinda cool...neat and interesting. I really don't like the song all that much but this video actually made me kinda like it some more.

Also, I hated the CB video.

I think we coldplay fans are spoiled as far as videos are concerned coldplay usually puts out really surprisingly good videos, most other bands put out really random shit.

I dig.

Firstly to say I've been skeptical of the new poppy direction of the music videos this album (I'm not a big fan of Paradise at all and Charlie Brown was a bit meh in the end), but I really actually quite like this!

Considering how bad I thought it was going to be..I actually thought it came out quite classy.

There's some really great imagery in there and I like the credits at start and end, which I think fit better in the video than the Paradise and CB credits too.

Plus I'm surprised more of the fangirls haven't been going crazy about how good Chris looks in this video! Prime contender for next James Bond I say! :wink3:

It's a fair point that the video lacks a plot, and doesn't really develop much as you reach the end, but I agree this is like a film trailer, and I like the fact it's based on the film House of Flying Daggers.

PS. Leave the Hardest Part video alone, it's great! :smug:

At first: It was a positive suprise for me, too, because I had low expectations ...

What I really missed was the band! Where are Jonny, Guy and Will in the vid???!!! :(

And it makes me jealous of Rihanna...

so only 4 points (at least it's better than the Charlie Brown-video)

:lol:This is brilliant! Can I save this to my computer?

Of course ;)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m50n2m62kj1qek343o1_500.gif and Mouse Right Key -> Save picture as... / Save it as...

or u can download it from -> http://www.speedyshare.com/9UVfh/tumblr-m50n2m62kj1qek343o1-500.gif

Original Source / Maker http://glassesofwater.tumblr.com/post/24296222260/will-champion-doing-what-champions-do-best

Neither SoS and the shitty THP do :nod:

The clocks video didn't have a plot. Neither did Fix You. I don't know, I've never really cared about videos the way so many people seem to. I just like the music:shrug:

(I'm sorry if I'm saying anything someone else has said or out of context. I have not read the whole thread partly due to my crappy internet connection.)

SoS and Clocks showed the band singing and nothing more than that. I love those videos but they wouldn't let you thinking about any story.

True, THP didn't have a story but also it wasn't clearly meant to have one. It was a funny video.

Fix you: it's a really small story but it does have one. Chris is singing sad and alone and after going on stage receives a massive sing a long that strengthens the message of the song in my opinion.

But yeah music is much more important than videos of course. It's just that this one seems to be meant to have a plot (I know now it was inspired by a Chinese movie but I haven't managed to read that thread carefully) and all I can see is Chris (looking sexy true) trying to save Rihanna and then fighting with her:confused: in between mostly really cheesy frames. It could be worse given that Rihanna is in it and no other members of the band are in it except Chris but it's definitely not their best video (or song more importantly).

Having said that Coldplay are my favorite band (and probably always will be).

I'm much happier that these recent videos don't just show the band singing and doing their thing, but that they actually have a deeper meaning to what the album means. The last 3 videos we've had (Paradise, Charlie Brown and now this) all show the 'story' of the album. Who cares if they're putting samurais and geishas in the video of a song with China in it. They're just having fun and so should we, I'm pretty sure they know which geographical region those come from. Looking forward to the next single/video release, whenever that may be. In my opinion, this is a meaningful video because of how during the fighting parts they show why they broke up and convey the meaning of 'all we ever seem to do is fight', to the desert parts of how much they still like each other and how the album ends.

Of course ;)

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m50n2m62kj1qek343o1_500.gif and Mouse Right Key -> Save picture as... / Save it as...

or u can download it from -> http://www.speedyshare.com/9UVfh/tumblr-m50n2m62kj1qek343o1-500.gif

Hey, I got a private message on tumblr that my gif made its way on here. I honestly don't mind too much but for future reference, please link directly to the original if you're going to use someone's graphic elsewhere. There are definitely exceptions and I know its tedious, but others often aren't very lenient. I don't mean this aggressively in any way whatsoever. Just suggesting to give credit where its due. Thanks (:

Hey, I got a private message on tumblr that my gif made its way on here. I honestly don't mind too much but for future reference, please link directly to the original if you're going to use someone's graphic elsewhere. There are definitely exceptions and I know its tedious, but others often aren't very lenient. I don't mean this aggressively in any way whatsoever. Just suggesting to give credit where its due. Thanks (:

Okay, no problem :) Just give me link and i will edit my post :)

Okay, no problem :) Just give me link and i will edit my post :)

http://glassesofwater.tumblr.com/post/24296222260/will-champion-doing-what-champions-do-best

Thanks for understanding (: I don't usually go after these sorts of things but a friendly reminder once in a while is good for other graphic makers. It might save some unnecessary tension somewhere along the way.

On another note, I really love the new series of videos. It really reflects how the boys wanted the album to be since the beginning [if i remember correctly] - like a film and its soundtrack. :)

http://glassesofwater.tumblr.com/post/24296222260/will-champion-doing-what-champions-do-best[/url]

Thanks for understanding (: I don't usually go after these sorts of things but a friendly reminder once in a while is good for other graphic makers. It might save some unnecessary tension somewhere along the way.

On another note, I really love the new series of videos. It really reflects how the boys wanted the album to be since the beginning [if i remember correctly] - like a film and its soundtrack. :)

done ! :kiss:

doesn't she always look bored? :smug:

haha, perhaps that is true. i honestly don't pay much attention to Rihanna. :P

I don't understand what people want from this video? Since when do videos have a plot? They're just supposed to look good with the song and that's it.

well, no, videos don't necessarily have to have a story/plot, but i feel like this one was trying and it wasn't made entirely clear.

Anyway, what's so important with MVs? They're just a secondary aspect

though this is technically true, i have to say that as someone who is generally speaking far more interested in filmmaking than music, it's understandable why some people do focus so much on the music videos.

I miss the days when Coldplay had more than one band member.

yeah, all these stupid videos with just Chris...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwjX4dG72s&ob=av2e]Coldplay - Yellow - YouTube[/ame]

300th vote! I gave it 6/10. The plot was not well defined and it ended up being sort of random which is perfectly okay in a music video but it seemed here like they were trying for a plot but didn't quite get it. It was still an okay video though, I thought it was true to the emotions of the song and had interesting choreography.