✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The clocks video didn't have a plot. Neither did Fix You. I don't know, I've never really cared about videos the way so many people seem to. I just like the music:shrug:

I know , I understand what you say, but for me, especially cause I am in a band and hope to have videos one day (soon I hope :) ) for songs that I choose to be accompanied with videos, I think that they should be artistic and powerful. Not just random... Like PoC and Charlie Brown...

haven't been able to get on the forum in a while, oops!

anyway, I couldn't put it off any longer and I watched... and to be honest, I hated it so much that I could barely finish it. Which is weird because I AM on the MX bandwagon and I like the actual song. but the whole video was so far from what I imagine Coldplay to be that I just HATED it. a lot. I hated the official Charlie Brown video for the same reason, but this is worse D:

I don't wanna be a killjoy, especially because I really do like MX... but the past two videos have been blahhhh

5/10

Those who said it was a love story, are wrong. I can not really see the love story in the video. Now, I'm sure that Jonny, Will and Guy would have a role in the video. The videoclip would have be MUCH better. Chris is really hot, but Rihanna really looks like a b*tch. Sorry if I'm harsh, but this is what I think. The scene where Chris and Rihanna are in the air with the moon behind, is really crappy. We do not see Chris enough, but the scene where we see Chris fight against a ninja is pretty cool. :wacky:

Here's the original inspiration for the intricate dance Rihanna and others did:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgHmSdpjEIk]Thousand-Hand Guan Yin - YouTube[/ame]

It was made by a famous choreographer and did originate in China

Dont get why everyone(or most of you)saying its better than CB-Video.

The POC Video(although i like the song) is boring as hell...Charlie Brown had something like a little story,was full of joy and passion...the band seemed to have fun and in a way, i had too !

But this Video is just without passion or life...so far,its their worst video to date. There is nothing creative like we had in LiT2 or Paradise...its just "dead". Maybe the most ideas for the video came from Rihanna, that could an explaination...

My Top 3 Videos so far are:

1. Life in Technicolor 2

2. Paradise

3.Speed of >Sound/Talk

That means,please back to the roots,Coldplay. I hope that kinda video was just something to try out..but nothing to continue in the future.

At the end of the day I think it was obvious that this video would be a typical Rihanna pop video style so i'm not that bothered, it goes with the song and that's the only good thing i can say about it really. I doubt that Coldplay will ever make a video as good as The Scientist or a simplistic video like Shiver again and i can understand why a slow artsy one really would not fit with MX.

Honestly i didn't like it ...

I still like their old songs and videos . Violet hill was so simple and beautiful ... this one has so many electronic stuff and is forgetable .

i think if Chris martin Likes to make Coldplay a mainstream band and look like maroon 5 , they are just gettin worse and worse ...

I hope they will go back to the piano and guitar and forget the electronic stuff !

And i dont know why RIHANNA ???

anyway ... i hoped 4 better ... their 4 albums were great ! VERY GREAT ! but mx ... not that great

5/10

We do not see Chris enough, but the scene where we see Chris fight against a ninja is pretty cool. :wacky:

its not even him though in that scene its another guy if you play close attention :confused:

Dont get why everyone(or most of you)saying its better than CB-Video.

The POC Video(although i like the song) is boring as hell...Charlie Brown had something like a little story,was full of joy and passion...the band seemed to have fun and in a way, i had too !

But this Video is just without passion or life...so far,its their worst video to date. There is nothing creative like we had in LiT2 or Paradise...its just "dead". Maybe the most ideas for the video came from Rihanna, that could an explaination...

That means,please back to the roots,Coldplay. I hope that kinda video was just something to try out..but nothing to continue in the future.

The CB video kind of has a story line but it seems incomplete to me, the POC video also has a little story although incomplete too.

I don't get why some people think POC video is not creative, effort was put into it; there are costumes / acting.

I feel like most if the ideas came from Chris and not Rihanna or maybe the director (but definitely not Rihanna or there would be less clothing)

Anyway it's always good to try out new stuff, Coldplay is not afraid to test out new stuff or at least experiment, the next album may be different altogether.

Btw, I kinda wish the video was another Mat Whitecross one, or better, Shynola... (imo)

Shynola i agree. their work is sensational but Whitecross no way they need to stop working with him. would be great if they worked with Jamie Thraves or Sophie Muller again