✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will give it an 8. there was some really cool editing in the beginning, but some of the shots toward the end lasted too long.

i'm not sure i understood exactly what the story was supposed to be... and i was expecting more sword fighting. it was like, Rihanna, you have a sword, use it! :P but she kinda looked bored the whole time anyway...

on the other hand, the cinematography was very nice. and i love that they keep including credits in their videos. :wacko:

doesn't she always look bored? :smug:

I feel a strange combination of guilt, anger, and sorrow.

I echo this completely

I mean seriously

1/4 of the video seems to be about Rihanna's butt accented by her PVC thigh highs

1/4 'this scenery looks oriental themed, let's put it in'

1/4 the most cheesy imagery ever (which is saying something considering I measured it up against the usual cheese-factor of Coldplay videos)

1/4 Chris being moody and brooding

= One rather badly executed video

This really seemed like a more cinematic thing than a plot-driven video (ie moreso 'look! pretty pictures!'). Some scenes look cool but some scenes just look laughable with how ridiculously cliché they are. I'm not sure that was exactly the point with all the dark and edgy vibes I got from it either.

I agree with a previous poster that the video actually seemed to decline the more it went on...

I seriously did crack up with laughter once Chris and Rihanna began flying through the air, I mean really?!

3.5/10 because I am feeling gracious by awarding props for some of the better shots and the fact that I thought this was better than CB. Still a lot to be desired and it could have been done better.

The standards in MX era got so low for Coldplay that this video is actually better than CB video, which is far from saying it was worth while making it. Now that I saw it again, the flying part is really ridiculous. What the flying f***? And better yet, the moment when they kneel on the sand singing 'lallalalala' - could it have gotten more absurd?

I don't understand what people want from this video? Since when do videos have a plot? They're just supposed to look good with the song and that's it.

They used to make videos with great plot. Like The Scientist. I understand it's an entirely different song, but it's still a major downfall, PoC.

They used to make videos with great plot. Like The Scientist. I understand it's an entirely different song, but it's still a major downfall, PoC.

The scientist video doesn't make much sense either. Like Simon Pegg says: "Why would someone after a car crash go into a town and have a nap?" :P

I might have missed the memo, but since when do music videos need a storyline? Etiaw, Speed of Sound, Fix You, Yellow, IMP, Viva, Lovers in Japan, Violet Hill, ...none of those have a plot and yet no-one complains about that?

I have to agree that this video really does suck, it looks so fake and everything.... maybe chris got more inspiration from kong fu panda and tried to make it themed like that lol

But etiaw had a good video and paradise had a really great video but i have to admit that CB and POC video sucked, and to make it worse poc in general sucks... :( i gave it a 6 just cus its coldplay lol

The scientist video doesn't make much sense either. Like Simon Pegg says: Why would someone after a car crash go into a town and have a nap? :P

Perhaps that's a bit awkward end to choose, but it's interesting to watch video backwards and see what happened. The story told that way makes more sense than the other way about. I can seriously see no point in PoC video, not one justifiable scene.

Perhaps that's a bit awkward end to choose, but it's interesting to watch video backwards and see what happened. The story told that way makes more sense than the other way about. I can seriously see no point in PoC video, not one justifiable scene.

Yes, but that's due to the concept, not the storyline.

I just wanted to show that when analyzing a video like that, most of them don't make sense. :)

Just out of interest, what makes for example the Lovers in Japan video better than the PoC video except it has the whole band in it and Rihanna is not dancing/lying around in red suspenders?

I don't understand what people want from this video? Since when do videos have a plot? They're just supposed to look good with the song and that's it.

I feel like this was partly in response to my post, but did you even read my post?

This really seemed like a more cinematic thing than a plot-driven video (ie moreso 'look! pretty pictures!'). Some scenes look cool but some scenes just look laughable with how ridiculously cliché they are. I'm not sure that was exactly the point with all the dark and edgy vibes I got from it either.

I said this was not really a plot-driven video, more like a cinematic one. I then go to talk about the scenes and imagery... which is what you would do if you were talking about something like that. I wouldn't talk about the pretty pictures if I thought the video had a plot going through it

I think what is being said with 'plot' is actually just a progression of expressed idea though (one that doesn't necessarily have to make logical sense). Of course 'plot' in this context doesn't mean an actual story, but probably at least some events that say something about the song. Perhaps the complaints are that the progression of the scenes and whatnot don't seem to really add anything to the song in the sequence they were done in?

Bah, it's just when I see points dismissed very easily without even a bother to look into them properly I get a bit miffed.