✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

Neither one thing or another!

Like the shots of Chris very much but not a great fan of Rihanna :\

Im sure they will get some stick for this video from their critics!

I do wonder if Jonny, Will and Guy are having a little chuckle to themselves and are glad that they are not in it :laugh3:

But again...Chris is seriously HOT,HOT,HOT...can't deny I will be watching it quite a lot but not for the song :whistle:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if its just because I'm a bigger fan than ever and on this message board more frequently, but their videos for this album are cheesy. I get scared when I'm about to watch, I do get a bit embarrassed for them...in live performances as well (not concerts).

PoC video is better than CB; anything is better than CB like others have said. I am not liking Matt Whitecross anymore. I don't like the cuts and the final product is seems rushed and unfinished.

I have really loved all their videos; they always seemed more comfortable. In the more recent videos, Chris has this strange look of being uncomfortable and unnatural and its freaks me out. I don't know why they include those shots. In PoC, he is SUPER hot despite a few of those odd shots.

I have to say PoC is an improvement and kinda cool to watch visually. Nothing will ever be as good at The Scientist. One of the greatest videos ever made. I do hope they go back to being more uniquely creative rather than being so corny.

Still love you guys and can't wait for July's concert!

^The scientist is really good, but I go for Strawberry swing as being the best , all the stop motion is cool, I took a animation class and it was a pain to do stop motion so I appreciate that video soo much.

The videos from MX era haven't been mind blowing for me but, I enjoyed them but the Charlie Brown video is my least favourite.

I think the VLV era had amazing videos ; Strawberry Swing, Violet Hill,Lovers in Japan,VLV alternate video

So far from this album, I think they put the most work into ETIAW and the video turned out pretty great (the best so far imo). I wanna blame the directors for the PoC video though, I know the artists are creative enough to imagine something greater. I'm guessing that this was made in a time crunch; the concept was there, but what was on camera... didn't exactly work 100% (imo)

Thanks Robsmith7 for some fab pics :D

Paula

Thanks! Glad you liked them

Btw, I kinda wish the video was another Mat Whitecross one, or better, Shynola... (imo)

Personally I'm glad they didn't use Mat Whitecross again. Some of his video's aren't bad but they're so obviously made in Final Cut it can look a bit amateurish...

i actually didn't care so much about the video because i don't even like the song because rihanna is in it ,but i have to say the video is really bad and i really hate when bands don't include all of their members in their videos.

Anyway the video is so pop and it's not something that i thought coldplay could ever do, i'm really kind of dissapointed about this era :( but i still love coldplay and hope they don't turn onto something like maroon 5 or whatever.:stunned:

i don't even know if it's better than charlie brown but i think both are the worst videos they've ever made

my favourite video will always be talk :smug2:

it is a drama movie behind the feelings Rihanna Geisha. I love Rihanna's songs I sing them much easily too.

I put 9/10

if people do not like Rihanna and although there are always alternatives by fans. thanks Row.

beauty on the fire by Natalie Imbrulia. vs Princess of China

after all Chris gave this song invaluable

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDa37vlXIww]Coldplay - Lukas ( Unreleased Song given to Natalie Imbruglia ) - YouTube[/ame]

Like it the video, but not love it. Where are the other band members? You know Jonny, Guy, Will. :/ At least Rihanna looks nice and don't use the horrible hair of the Grammys.

^Rihanna hair did look horrible at the Grammys. At least she looks pretty good in the video. The video itself is average but Chris looks so good in it that I gave it a 7.

I'm also confused by the comments of "where are the rest of the band members". I mean we have Yellow, The Scientist and Strawberry Swing where there was no Jonny, Guy or Will but quite a few still count these videos as being their favourites. :shrug:

it is a drama movie behind the feelings Rihanna Geisha. I love Rihanna's songs I sing them much easily too.

I put 9/10

if people do not like Rihanna and although there are always alternatives by fans. thanks Row.

beauty on the fire by Natalie Imbrulia. vs Princess of China

FFS, Lory, what the hell are you saying? Isn't there a better online dictionary or someone nearby to help you with your English? And I swear I am not trying to be pretentious it's just...oh what the hell,you won't understand this anyway. :dozey:

I'm also confused by the comments of "where are the rest of the band members". I mean we have Yellow, The Scientist and Strawberry Swing where there was no Jonny, Guy or Will but quite a few still count these videos as being their favourites. :shrug:

Exactly. It's hypocrisy, but ultimately it's clear as day why this record has been crucified by fans.

Rihanna is on the record, in the video and on the album. I say deal with it, I personally am very fond of Rihanna so that's easier for me to say. But I also happen to respect and agree with Chris' thoughts on her and the inclusion of her in this era. It's not like she was desperate and got on the record because they exploded with the Viva La Vida era leading to the pop stars wanting to work with them. He approached her and wrote it intentionally for her.

Anyhow I'll stop ranting. It just seems like I'm the only major Coldplay fan that loves the record so I have to stand harder for it :P

For me it just doesn't seem to flow very well, of course there is a theme but the scenes seem quite badly edited together... Or maybe i'm just not smart enough to get it?! Rihanna just isn't very convincing /enthusiastic either.

I gave it a generous 6 out 10 because i liked the concept but I just don't think it's executed as well as could of been. Also I think this vid demonstrates (like much of what we've seen in MX era) that our boys have become a little bit confused of who they're delivering to... :\