✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

PoC video

wolstenfierce

I loved it, it was visually stunning, Rihanna was brilliant with her gestures, and her ribbons /scarves. Chris was great too. It was more of a stream of consciousness experience, no plot necessary. I think the video fits the song, and makes it better. POC is not one of my favorite songs on MX but this video made me appreciate the song more, so it did it's job. I think it was brilliant.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved it, it was visually stunning, Rihanna was brilliant with her gestures, and her ribbons /scarves. Chris was great too. It was more of a stream of consciousness experience, no plot necessary.

artistically, PoC is amazing. the way they treated those scenarios, making referencies to chinese movies like "House of Flying Daggers" and "Hero".

but lacked some element to remind us that it's a Coldplay video (apart of Chris Martin, obviously :P)

At first, I thought the vid was ok. But after an afternoon of thought, I hate it. This is worse than the CB vid. It was TERRIBLE!!! I've never been this harsh on Coldplay but my gosh, this vid really grinds my gears.

I wish they would take their videos more seriously because this was just bad.

The song is called Princess Of China...sure.

but that doesn't mean the song has anything to do with China or the Chinese culture.

I think the people bitching about that sort of thing need to drop it.

I rated it a 9/10

I was really nervous about this video coming out , I gave the Charlie Brown video a 5/10 so I was hoping the POC video wouldn't be worse. I thought it was a creative video, I love the parts where Chris sings, I'm happy Rihanna is dressed :lol: ( hate the nails though). I actually liked the forehead touching scenes but I'm happy they didn't kiss.

Strawberry Swing and LITii are still my all time fave Coldplay videos, POC video won't go in my worst category though, In my opinion the CB video is their worst.

Now I watched the video three times as I think it does require multiple viewings.

I think Coldplay has struck a difficult balance here between a simple indie video and a pop special effects video, which mirrors perfectly the collaboration between Rhianna and Coldplay.

I love how the video describes the song perfectly. The scenes where they are both dressed differently and each stays with their clan, facing each other in battle and then the incredibly intimate scene forehead-to-forehead, opening their heart to each other and admitting how much they hurt.

The video works great with these contrasts and in the end you can almost feel the glimmer of hope, of a future reconciliation, which is the spirit of the last part of MX. All in all, well done!

This video is better then i expected, altough i had to laugh when they were flying. XD

On the contrary to me the flying scene was poignant, showing how once they were "flying" together, united by their love and common goals.

I was expecting a more linear plot to it like Paradise or Strawberry Swing, but upon mental digest, I like it more.

It's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than the Charlie Brown video.

I think the lack of linearity reflects the song. We are going back and forth between how the relationship was and how it fell apart, both in the song and in the video.

Chris he was so sexy. Great. That's what I care about actually. :) Riri she also did well. But I want to say... I'm glad that they didn't film kissing scene or something. This is enough fabulous. :lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't want a video where Chris is sexy... That's why I was pissed, he is trying so hard to be some kind of machoman now,following the steps of Justin Timberlake or whoever. OK, they want to have fun and they enjoy the populartiy, but I am afraid that the band might be losing it. They need to get a grip before the next album, seriously.

4/10

I think I'm seeing more humour in this video than was intended - the Chris parts are very entertaining :lol:

I do like the visual quality of this video, although I could have done without Rihanna's red plastic thigh high boots, but I suppose it could have been worse...

I only started to enjoy the song Paradise after the video, but this isn't going to happen for POC.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I don't want a video where Chris is sexy... That's why I was pissed, he is trying so hard to be some kind of machoman now,following the steps of Justin Timberlake or whoever. OK, they want to have fun and they enjoy the populartiy, but I am afraid that the band might be losing it. They need to get a grip before the next album, seriously.

too right