✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

= Coldplay Record/CD Collectors' Thread =

Blakexy1125

I love all your pics of your collection. Which makes me regret not buying the ETIAW EP I saw a couple of years ago. I don't know what I was thinking and I'm not sure if I'll find it again at my local store. Moreover, what I'd really love to have is a cassette. I lived the last years of life of this recording format and it'd bring some nostalgic moments from my childhood. I even had a really nice walkman, it is colorful and it has a cute video game, I'm not sure if it still works though. So far I've got all Coldplay albums on CD, the re-release of Brothers and sisters EP, the three live albums, and 3 vinyls. I'm waiting for my Parachutes colored vinyl and the 5.1 surround sound blu-ray. I'd love to increase my collection so I'll be waiting for @66 to share his duplicates, I might buy something

I always look out for Coldplay cassettes in record shops too, but I have never found one...

About not buying the ETIAW EP:

I also did a big collecting mistake once. It was from the time before I began collecting to this level but I still regret it. I wanted to buy Prospekt's March and saw a good deal with the Viva CD. But I already had the Viva CD. So when i got it I planned to remove Prospekt's March and sell the Viva CD again. There was a VLV Single CD in the package too, but at that time I wasn't interested in singles, so I stupidly sold it together with the complete VLV CD for 4 Euros including shipping (which means I kind of gave it away for almost free...). In the meantime I regret it of course because I have never seen a VLV Single on sale for an affordable price, and it's still missing in my collection....I should have kept it !

• Like 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for collection items... it can be a challenge.[emoji1]

Last week I was in the city during lunchtime and decided to have a look in this record store (all second hand stuff).

There were boxes stored up to the ceiling and of course the box with vinyl starting with "C" was all the way on the top.

I would have to climb on a ladder to get to it.

So I was really stretching my neck to be able to read what was written on it to get the right box.

And then a store employee asked me what I was looking for.

I told him vinyl from Coldplay.

He gave me this look so I repeated Coldplay because I thought he didn't understand me.

And then he said that Coldplay didn't have any vinyl. I said yes they have. No way he said, they are too young to have vinyl. [emoji44]

He really wouldn't believe me when I said that I own vinyl LP'S, a vinyl box filled with singles and several others, even some from a few years ago.

Tsssss

They did have some CDs though, even AHFOD. [emoji16]

The chance that I ever find a rare Coldplay item in a Belgian record store is pretty non-existent I'm affraid. [emoji24]

The most "special" one that I saw was the Dutch 3-part Cd pack of Talk which I already had.

• Like 4

The chance that I ever find a rare Coldplay item in a Belgian record store is pretty non-existent I'm affraid. emoji24.png

Yeah I know that feeling, same here in Germany...to my surprise (but not my delight) I found that even in second hand stores in New York Coldplay is hard to find. I once spent an entire afternoon looking through about a dozen second hand shops in Brooklyn and also a few in Manhattan but nothing ! Just one regular Viva CD (it's the one I tend to find most in second hand stores, BTW...)

I wish I could go to London one day and look around in the flea markets and second hand shops there - I am sure the density must be a lot higher there !

• Like 2

[ATTACH=full]6045[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6046[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6047[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6048[/ATTACH] So, I'm stuck behind with work, so I'll have to wait until later in the week to pull my big boxes for dupes (and previously requested scans), but i found a few things I'd forgotten to store properly, when rifling through a small trunk, so here are a few more pix. Most of its Mylo era, but a few older pieces I've nabbed in the past few months. I promise to try to pull my main boxes later in the week (gotta store these discs anyway).

• Like 2

Just an added quick question for everyone. Aside from a Parachutes album release (which I had found on accident), I just found the Sparks EP also had a South African release (labeled and with a variable promo code). Anyone have a good list of official or promo releases marked RSA?

Thanks for any info.

Just an added quick question for everyone. Aside from a Parachutes album release (which I had found on accident), I just found the Sparks EP also had a South African release (labeled and with a variable promo code). Anyone have a good list of official or promo releases marked RSA?

Thanks for any info.

I don't have a list but this one seems genuine.

I have googled the code and found this:

www.upcindex.com/6002140984220

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]6045[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6046[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6047[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]6048[/ATTACH] So, I'm stuck behind with work, so I'll have to wait until later in the week to pull my big boxes for dupes (and previously requested scans), but i found a few things I'd forgotten to store properly, when rifling through a small trunk, so here are a few more pix. Most of its Mylo era, but a few older pieces I've nabbed in the past few months. I promise to try to pull my main boxes later in the week (gotta store these discs anyway).

!!!!! What... If there was one era I'd make sure to store correctly it would be MX!! (Not meant to offend lol)

Thanks for any info.

Whattttttt there's now a Sparks EP...??? You must have absolutely everything Coldplay have released and more lol...

[ATTACH=full]6050[/ATTACH] Sorry...one last small batch found.

That image isn't showing for me

!!!!! What... If there was one era I'd make sure to store correctly it would be MX!! (Not meant to offend lol)

LOL no offense taken. I spent way WAY too many hours tracking down really hard to find promos from the Parachutes and AROBTTH eras, so they've been well boxed for years. Think I slowed dramatically around the MX era (buying a house really cut my CP spending money), but I still picked up pieces here and there.

Whattttttt there's now a Sparks EP...??? You must have absolutely everything Coldplay have released and more lol...

I mean the same EP that was released with the Independent. There are tons floating around, a couple issues have minor variances, but I'd never seen a RSA issue, until now! Had to do a head shake. :-)

That image isn't showing for me

Hmmm...not sure why? It pops up for me. Just the last one? I can try to re-u the pic as a thumbnail?

Since I have received my last ordered collectors item (5.1 Surround CD), I have opened my Coldplay collection box and took some pictures:

[ATTACH=full]6083[/ATTACH]

Vinyl albums + Mylo Xyloto picture book (with vinyl + cd)

• Like 4

- Vinyl singles (I once started collecting the early singles but then bought the Vinyl box)

- Mylo Xyloto Comic books (still looking for nr 6)

- AHFOD Tour book

[ATTACH=full]6084[/ATTACH]

Oh cool you have the alternate cover issue 1 comic book!

• Like 1

Since I have received my last ordered collectors item (5.1 Surround CD), I have opened my Coldplay collection box and took some pictures:

[ATTACH=full]6083[/ATTACH]

Vinyl albums + Mylo Xyloto picture book (with vinyl + cd)

for a second i saw the spiral on the MX pop-up and i was like i don't think mine has that!! :shocked2: but then i realized it was just the disc :P

• Like 2