✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MUSICIANS WELCOME!!! "How We See The World" Project - A New Beginning?

Although we still have a stickied thread from the original project t years ago, many of those sites no longer host the album, many of the original organizers have moved on or are busy with life and many of the artists are no longer reachable as I've lost all my contacts from the project email. (Way to go, Hotmail.:p)

I've been hoping to kick-start it, or even produce a sequel for about a year now if others are interested.

The original proceeds were donated to the Oxfam Unwrapped programme, but perhaps there's a charity more relevant to the band's interests now...Uner 1 Roof or others.d

All of the artwork, music and even the title were conceived and voted on by the forum members.

If anyone is interested or has suggestions/feedback, I'd love to hear it!:D

352n0rd.jpg

EDIT: The old MySpace (Yeah, I know,lol.) still has audio and bios of the original artists and a bit about the project:

http://www.mymspace.com/howweseetheworld

Note: All music submitted must be original or public domain. No covers, please.

Musicians so far:

TraceOddity

vivacleve

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should keep the title, but new artwork is a great idea! And if there are suggestions for a new title, and enough people want to change it.. We'll do it by vote again. This project 'belongs to all of us'!:D

OK, let's start with the music. Anyone interested in submitting a song (last time we had two songs per musician, and will again if there aren't as many submissions.) send mp3 links via PM labeled 'HWSTW'.

And don't worry, Ian and the others Mods remember the first go-round. No one's going to steal anyone's music.:)

• 2 weeks later...
BUMP! This still needs to happen! :D

TracieMorgan, if you need somebody to help you organize it (you mentioned having lost a lot of your contacts) I'm willing to help you out! :)

THanks so much! I'm not giving up on this. But I'm not going to force it either. I think the first one took about 10 months.

But reminder to anyone wanting to submit music. Email me wav or mp3 at [email protected]. :)

this is one of the coolest community led projects for charity ive ever seen, im in......cant contribute musically....but anything else i can do!!

edit: i dont know if anyone would be interested for this but, what if we had everyone who is helping out with this maybe do some coldplay art?? or something based off of their artwork in the past (i.e. Graffiti, paint on other artwork (not the actual one like a print out)) and like make a fold out with all the pictures of the art on it

this is one of the coolest community led projects for charity ive ever seen, im in......cant contribute musically....but anything else i can do!!

edit: i dont know if anyone would be interested for this but, what if we had everyone who is helping out with this maybe do some coldplay art?? or something based off of their artwork in the past (i.e. Graffiti, paint on other artwork (not the actual one like a print out)) and like make a fold out with all the pictures of the art on it

Yay this sounds cool. I'll try to put something for it though I think it won't be that swell or sound very HD but it will be something.... :P

Yes. Original material only. It's up to musicians to register their work with their PRS (ASCAP, BMI etc.) in case there's any radio airplay. There wasn't with the last one but you never know.:)

EDIT: OK, why is the forum multi-quoting stuff I didn't even tell it to quote?

What we did last time was let anyone submit artwork for the cover, then have a poll so the community could chose the winner. Everything is by vote except the title, which was also voted on for the original project.