✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Happy birthday, Paradise!

heelsrule1988

It was one year ago today that the best song on Mylo Xyloto (and one of Coldplay's best songs ever) was released for the world to hear. A lot of you hated it (for reasons I'll never understand), but I'll never forget the first time I heard it. I was completely blown away... almost numb after hearing it. That opening minute remains to this day one of the most amazing things my ears have ever heard.

One whole year already?! :o

When I first heard this song I thought "What the hell is this? Another mediocre pop song?" (I was already disappointed with ETIAW) but once I had got over the somewhat annoying chorus, and heard some live versions, I began to appreciate it a bit more. One year later, I think it's a great song which will hopefully be remembered for many years. I'm happy it got Coldplay another No. 1 single (even though it should have been Charlie Brown :angry:) and it seems to be very good live too. (especially Guy's bass :D)

Incidentally, it's also exactly a year since I joined coldplaying! :awesome:

Coldplay's been dead for a whole year now? Wow, time really flies. So tragic.

Sorta kidding. But I remember it well. I was taking the shuttle back home from seeing The National. I was on Twitter on my iPhone reading tweets from people who had just heard the song for the first time. Much of it was vile hatred. So I listened when I got home. And I suddenly desperately wished I was back at The National concert instead. :dozey:

I didn't hate it as much as I hated ETIAW, and I still hate ETIAW more. But it hasn't grown on me one bit in the last year. :(

Ahh that day

I was on a beautiful vacation, also reading tweets of people who have heard it for the first time.

I wasn't able to listen to it until I got home, two days from that.

I listened to it and hated it immediately. But...

After it started to get constant radio airplay, it has grown on me to the point where i liked it... And then to the point where I found it annoying as hell. I just couldn't stand it anymore.

It's an okay song I guess, I still listen to it here and then.

Happy birthday, I guess.

One whole year already?! :o

When I first heard this song I thought "What the hell is this? Another mediocre pop song?" (I was already disappointed with ETIAW) but once I had got over the somewhat annoying chorus, and heard some live versions, I began to appreciate it a bit more. One year later, I think it's a great song which will hopefully be remembered for many years. I'm happy it got Coldplay another No. 1 single (even though it should have been Charlie Brown :angry:) and it seems to be very good live too. (especially Guy's bass :D)

I had pretty much the same experience with the song :nod: (although I have to add a period of time during which I couldn't stand it anymore, because it was everywhere all the time, so I stopped listening to it...but a few months ago it got much better :D)

And omg congrats!:awesome:

I had the exact same feeling after hearing it first like most of you described. But I guess it has grown on me the last year. I actually enjoyed it last week on the Malieveld in The Hague.

So happy birthday para-para-Paradise!

I loved the song on the first listen, I remember I woke up at 4am because I was just so excited to hear it. After I listened to it 5 times in a row I tried to get back to sleep but I couldn't because I got too happy :lol:, btw one of the best songs on Mylo Xyloto and one of the few I could listen on the radio everyday, an awesome hit and the soundtrack of my last summer :wacky:

Wohooo congrats! :D

Happy birthday, Paradise!

You helped Coldplay rise to the top once again! I remember that day one year ago where I was on my iPod, looking for that pre order of MX and I instantly bought Paradise too. I listened to it and said,

"Wow. The boys did a great job. I love those strings!" Then I went to figure out how to play it on my violin. If it weren't for Paradise, I wouldn't have let my friends know I sing. If it weren't for Paradise, Coldplay would just be another "Who's that?" to everyone I know.

If it weren't for Paradise, where would a lot of Coldplayers be today? So thanks, and happy birthday, Paradise. :)

I don't even know why/how I remember this day so well, but:

I was working on some fucking horrible homework for Contemporary Mathematics (I've learned that Journalists aren't compatible with any sort of math!), and I was eagerly awaiting Paradise to be released. I was closely tied to some thread on CP'ing, and I remember first listening to it on Spotify, almost immediately after it released.

That made my six pages of work go better.

Then, the following morning as I was leaving for college, my mom heard me playing it and said, "This song is going to become a hit." and I didn't believe her. But, sure enough, it did.

• 1 month later...