🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

Can't wait for Ghost Stories. So far, the songs released seem a natural progression from Up in Flames, the final song written for MX. If you listen to a lot of lyrics on MX, I've noticed (especially UiF and UwtB), they do seem to mirror Chris and Gwyneth's break-up.

I'm not overly keen on Magic or Midnight to be honest. I love Always in My Head though (inspired by Can't Get You Out of My Head?) and Another's Arms to a lesser degree. I'm bursting to hear A Sky Full of Stars, after all the hype. Only four weeks!

Have a great day.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if someone's posted this already, but I just noticed that iTunes revealed the track durations for A Sky Full Of Stars, Midnight, Another's Arms and Magic.

10262233_687780227945677_4977773248694699475_n.jpg

They are probably the four songs which will be released before the album.

Thank you! It is quite strange though that the album version of Midnight is shorter. Also leads me to believe the original release schedule shown on Amazon when Ghost Stories was announced may happen with Another's Arms being the next promo track.

For some reason i think this will be Coldplay's most risky album, because i dont know if the large public will like this. But i think i will really like it for sure.

I agree. but less for their musical choices than the unwanted tags that will be attached to the album -- *cough* conscious uncoupling *cough*. i have a feeling that it won't do that well in terms of sales for all these reasons plus the lack of/limited promotion. but hopefully this will be made up for by more critical acceptance. because let's face it, it matters in the long run.

So i guess we'll start to listen to most (if not all) of the remaining songs starting april 25 right?

That's happens to be when this mini tour starts, but I wouldn't count out the band disallowing the attendees from filming again. Reading around a bit, it seems like the band are playing in small venues again like with the secret test gigs. The small crowd may serve as something to aide the performance atmosphere but it may also (by design or by coincidence) help control what the crowd films (using the logic that its easier to control a small crowd than a big one).

On the other hand, the tour stretches as far as July 1st (so far) and by that time the album would've been out for months; the band may just let all the shows film whatever they want whether its before or after the album release.

Either way, there are multiple TV appearances on tap for more chances for new music and content from the lads.

TL;DR

Remaining songs not guaranteed to find their way to youtube but increasing in probability starting on April 25th.

They won't necessarily play the full album at those gigs though. Actually I think they definitely won't. They probably will play A Sky full of stars, Midnight, Magic, and perhaps Always in my head and/or Another's Arms. That's already half of the album, sure, but I don't think they will play the album in full, because that was really for a special occasion.

They won't necessarily play the full album at those gigs though. Actually I think they definitely won't. They probably will play A Sky full of stars, Midnight, Magic, and perhaps Always in my head and/or Another's Arms. That's already half of the album, sure, but I don't think they will play the album in full, because that was really for a special occasion.
I agree. It would be nice if the whole album was played but they should know that if they do that, it will be on the internet the next day lol. But who knows, I definately think they will play asfos though. :)