✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

Why is everyone so upset about the Target deal? We have 2014. If they don't release the bonus tracks in europe or wherever you live i'm sure you can find a way to get them anyway.

Of course you want to support the band and not download the song from god knows where.

But its not like you will never hear them if they don't release them in your country.

Why is everyone so upset about the Target deal? We have 2014. If they don't release the bonus tracks in europe or wherever you live i'm sure you can find a way to get them anyway.

Of course you want to support the band and not download the song from god knows where.

But its not like you will never hear them if they don't release them in your country.

It's a matter of principle. Of course we're technically able to get the songs one way or another, and the band are aware of that. However, officially, we're not supposed to own them. That means that Coldplay are okay with officially setting aside most of their fanbase, purely for commercial, financial reasons. And it's completely unfair, as we're punished for not living at one particular location. Also, it's not like it was just 1 track. 3 tracks. That's basically 25% of this album.

They could have gone for hidden tracks, as they often do. Instead they just chose the most lucrative solution.

That tends to piss people off.

It's a matter of principle. Of course we're technically able to get the songs one way or another, and the band are aware of that. However, officially, we're not supposed to own them. That means that Coldplay are okay with officially setting aside most of their fanbase, purely for commercial, financial reasons. And it's completely unfair, as we're punished for not living at one particular location. Also, it's not like it was just 1 track. 3 tracks. That's basically 25% of this album.

They could have gone for hidden tracks, as they often do. Instead they just chose the most lucrative solution.

That tends to piss people off.

This.

Yeah, exactly. The amount of whining going on is hilarious. No, they aren't sellouts, and no this isn't an unjustifiable move. Do you really think the band themselves were like, "Hey guys, let's announce it in People magazine!" Of course not. Their record label has control over that sort of thing. Ugh.

Anyways, I love the new title tracks. All My Friends sounds like a good song (loving the gun next to it), as does Ghost Story and O, Part II.

Sure, we can always get illegally, but for ONCE I would like not to be forced to do it.

i need the thank button

bring that motherf* back :nod:

It all makes sense now! That's not an "O" it's the Target logo! Part of the exclusive deal with Target was that they had to include the Target logo in the traklisting. The song titles are actually Target Logo and Target Logo (Part Two)!

It all makes sense now! That's not an "O" it's the Target logo! Part of the exclusive deal with Target was that they had to include the Target logo in the traklisting. The song titles are actually Target Logo and Target Logo (Part Two)!

:lol: