✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

Now we've only heard one third of the songs instead of almost half. Sounds a lot better.

But yeah, not sure about this whole Target thing. I don't like that they're attaching songs to a store. Profit should not become between their music and their listeners. And I hate to say it, but it doesn't seem like something Coldplay would do. (But that was before their singer sold himself to a talent show... OK enough ranting.)

I have a feeling that O and O part 2 will be absolutely epic

Me too. Sounds weird but i'm actually pretty happy that there is a song with a Part 2 on the album. Could be the best song on the album. Hope it meets my expectations.

EDIT: Or maybe they just took all the viva chants from the last tour and made 2 songs out of it. :D

Sent via Tapatalk

I dont get why the promotion for ghost stories is US based, If this is because Universal Music is forcing them, I want the dear old EMI back

I don't get it either. Aren't they big enough everywhere already? Is Gwyneth behind all this? :angry:

At this point I'm seriously getting annoyed at their promotion so far. Hoping for a more international promotional plan once the album is released.

In any case I'm really looking forward to hear all the songs!!!

I don't get why they chose such a terrible platform to reveal the bonus tracks (People Magazine!!!). Why not do it in Q or Rolling Stone?

I hope the tracks will be available for other parts of the world too.

I'm not too upset by it being shown on People, I mean they could've revealed it on E! instead, I can't even imagine that. As we saw at the iTunes concert Chris is more kind-hearted and modest than ever and the music is still sincere and beautiful for the most part (coughexceptMagiccough). What more can you ask for? And I also have the feeling that it's a ploy by Universal and not the band, I mean nothing really can be done about that. Japan and the UK have gotten exclusive tracks in the past, it's not like they've never done that before. The Japanese Parachutes had Careful Where You Stand and For You for ex., both great songs imo that other countries never got to have. For once I'm thankful to be a Coldplay fan from the U.S.

Ok. I'll give you, you mighty Coldplay fans a reasonable explanation.

The tracklist was revealed on People Magazine because guess who read People? The same people who mostly shop at Target, it's basically the same demographic. And that was paid for by Target. That's why there is a "Target" microphone next to the tracklist. Great marketing if you ask me.

If 'O' is playing out the main part of the record then I wouldve thought that 'O' part 2 is possibly the same track but with vocals much like Life in Technicolor opening VLV and then an extra part 2 with the vocals....Would make sense as 'O' is the album closer

Ok. I'll give you, you mighty Coldplay fans a reasonable explanation.

The tracklist was revealed on People Magazine because guess who read People? The same people who mostly shop at Target, it's basically the same demographic. And that was paid for by Target. That's why there is a "Target" microphone next to the tracklist. Great marketing if you ask me.

Great marketing indeed...for the US market. :D

But for any fan living outside of the US atm, their promotion makes little to no sense so far. :\

this Target release is the reason why I don't buy cds as they arrives in store.

always waiting for bonus tracks versions to be released in Brazil, which rarely happen :blank:

luckly, I have a friend who's travelling to US in july and maybe she can get me a copy from Target