✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

Target is big on exclusively releasing CDs. And personally, I like holding a copy of the album in my hand, not out in the digital world. I'll be going to my local store on release day!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Exactly! I mostly prefer vinyl lp's and I hope there will be one of Ghost Stories. The only problem is that there is no record store over here..

Maybe Atlas is one of the three Bonus-tracks?!

I hope not (and I don't think so). I mean I already payed for it, and they already released it, so why put in on an album again?

It's like putting Christmas Lights on MX, it doesn't make sense to me.

Exactly! I mostly prefer vinyl lp's and I hope there will be one of Ghost Stories. The only problem is that there is no record store over here..

I bet they'll have a vinyl near release day! Man I wish I had a record player haha. Maybe try Amazon? They had MX on vinyl...

Maybe Atlas is one of the three Bonus-tracks?!

I hope not, because I can only imagine Atlas as a song written for Hunger Games. I hope that they will play Atlas on tour, but I don't want it as a bonus track...

It all likelihood those bonus tracks will be remixes of tracks on the album or live performances. That's what other bands tend to do. I really doubt that they'll be 3 completely new songs just as part of an exclusive deal. The chances of that are very slim.

I bet they'll have a vinyl near release day! Man I wish I had a record player haha. Maybe try Amazon? They had MX on vinyl...

If there is a vinyl I think it will be available on a dutch webshop so I hope I can order one :D But thanks for the tip!

It all likelihood those bonus tracks will be remixes of tracks on the album or live performances. That's what other bands tend to do. I really doubt that they'll be 3 completely new songs just as part of an exclusive deal. The chances of that are very slim.

Agreed. They could easily come from next week's SXSW show.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>If you head to <a href="http://t.co/o24aDd8gEQ">http://t.co/o24aDd8gEQ</a> on your computer, you can explore the Ghost Stories album artwork by hovering your mouse over it…. A</p>— Coldplay (@coldplay) <a href="https://twitter.com/coldplay/statuses/440571257093124096">March 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The last two shops I've bought a Coldplay album in on release day have shut down before the next one got released (VLV in Woolworths and MX in HMV Oxford Street).

I'm scared it's going to happen again :(

Does the cover remind anyone else of a heavy metal album?

I like it though. I'm glad it doesn't look as glossy or childish as Mylo Xyloto. And I'm also glad they're releasing these songs relatively quietly (for a huge band with a Twitter account). I hope the album reflects that kind of subtlety. The two songs seem to. Good. :nod:

Edit: Oh and I really love the title 'Ghost Stories', ever since the first rumours.