✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

I haven't pre-ordered on iTunes yet. I can't decide if I should or not.

I'd would so much prefer having a physical hard copy.

Anybody else not pre-ordering on iTunes for that reason?

+1.

I'm still old fashioned. I love bringing a physical album home and reading the liner notes/lyrics as I listen to the whole album start to finish.:)

Guess I'll have to import a LP for the fist time. I want that bonus' tracks too

I saw somewhere the album covers are different in some way. if that's the, case i guess i'll have to buy both for my collection :p

+1.

I'm still old fashioned. I love bringing a physical album home and reading the liner notes/lyrics as I listen to the whole album start to finish.:)

I'm only 16 and I'm somehow old fashioned, lol.

It's so much better to have a hard copy!

:P

well i just pre-ordered my copy of Ghost Stories from one of the major swedish only shops. now if there is any way for me to get that version with the extra song on it, i'd love to have that aswell :)

The artist who did the cover was approached more than a year ago (January 2013).

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=25c5c7c0f024fcc5be033d7ab&id=4706cc3f3a

TL: DR; There will be a vinyl. She was given access to songs/lyrics. There will be 3 singles all in all (?)

"(...) would loose myself in the lyrics whilst allowing my drawing to flow out onto the black surface of my etching plates."

What a daft way to describe the process of scratching on a metal plate =___=

Well let's hope the next single will be better than Magic cough

Pretty interesting information. Apparently 3 singles then. At least in principle. When I saw the album cover, I thought they maybe will cut some parts of the image and that would be a new artwork for other singles. What do you think?

BTW, let me share with you that I am very impressed how secretive the boys (and the label) have been on this album. Not even a radio interview today. Unbelievable. I guess that it is not the "age of crazy advertising" as Chris said in 2005.

"Lady in White" would have been a good name for a song...especially on an album titled "Ghost Stories".

I sense a Supernatural reference? :P

I wonder why it's called "Ghost Stories" ? :D

I thought they could mean internal ghosts...

Does the cover remind anyone else of a heavy metal album?

I like it though. I'm glad it doesn't look as glossy or childish as Mylo Xyloto. And I'm also glad they're releasing these songs relatively quietly (for a huge band with a Twitter account). I hope the album reflects that kind of subtlety. The two songs seem to. Good. :nod:

Edit: Oh and I really love the title 'Ghost Stories', ever since the first rumours.

Of a stoner metal album to me, actually reminded me of the kind of artworks from a Norwegian metal band that I love!

I agree on everything you said.