✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

They look like little boys again, especially Chris!

This is all so exciting. How many people said WTF when they saw that email from The Coldplay Messenger? My jaw hit the floor. I swear I thought Midnight was just a single like Christmas Lights. Then the whole ACL show and SXSW, it made me wonder. This is really exciting stuff. My son says he thinks Magic is Coldplay's best song ever. Granted he's almost 7 and very wise for his age; I do like the song, but I have to hear the album as a whole before I decide. I am super excited to hear the rest of the album.

Target info:

Thanks for contacting Target.com.

It sounds like you have questions about international shipping options for merchandise on Target.com.

Purchases made online can only be shipped to the United States, Puerto Rico or to APO/FPO addresses. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

:(:(:cry:

So far im very pleased with midnight and magic. I think this album is gonna be one of their best.....and so far im loving the sound. Its like a combination of all their albums. The two songs are like a fusion of the simplicity of parachutes, the melancholy of a coldplay song, and the electronic side of Mylo Xyloto. Coldplay purists are gonna hate me for this, but Coldplay's sound gets better and better by each album.

I'd say it's a given that they'll play Magic on Monday considering it's their first single. I'm calling it now and saying that the live recording of it will be one of the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition. Midnight will probably make an appearance too, but that might be a little harder to perform live so it might sound different. Apart from that it's anyone's guess whether they'll play any other songs from the album.

I hope they don't do what they did with MX they played every song live before the album came out and left us with no surprises, I think the only ones they didn't play before release was UFO and Up with the birds? (I'm excluding intros) I want there to be a surprise with the next album and since we already almost heard a 1/3rd of them I don't want to hear much more.

Target info:

Thanks for contacting Target.com.

It sounds like you have questions about international shipping options for merchandise on Target.com.

Purchases made online can only be shipped to the United States, Puerto Rico or to APO/FPO addresses. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

:(:(:cry:

That's so sad.

I hope they don't do what they did with MX they played every song live before the album came out and left us with no surprises, I think the only ones they didn't play before release was UFO and Up with the birds? (I'm excluding intros) I want there to be a surprise with the next album and since we already almost heard a 1/3rd of them I don't want to hear much more.

Kinda true but the rock am ring concert was pretty cool , hearing all those new songs. I hope they play one new song next to midnight and Magic. That'd be perfect, I can't wait for the album.. completely addicted to Magic with it's simplicity and brilliantness.

I have a (ghostly) feeling that someone on Target will put their hands on a copy and leak it even b4 iTunes can think about streaming.

And since everyone here including me is going to buy the album anyway (you all will, won't you? :angry:), think there's nothing wrong in checking the leaking situation in here: http://hasitleaked.com/2014/coldplay-ghost-stories/

(They do not post direct links anyway).

I would just like to say, thank you for reminding me of the possibility of B-Sides. I loved how Viva La Vida flowed with B-Sides connecting the tracks seamlessly, and now that I consider the 9 tracks (which originally seemed way too short even if each track is longer) the possibility of B-Sides sounds much more likely. Maybe we'll get another ridiculously awesome Chinese Sleep Chant.

Has anybody else noticed that the four songs with times listed in iTunes are all 4:45 long?? I mean, it could be a coincidence, but this is Coldplay, they're such dorks about EVERYTHING

That's just for the time-being. Those songs are already on iTunes system waiting for their release date (previous to May 19).