✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ghost Stories, release date: 19 May 2014

oldmuckers

Heard "Always in My Head" and "Another's Arm" at iTunes Festival today along with the live performance of "Midnight". Almost reminded me of the time when I first heard Coldplay (in terms of being awestruck in amazement)

They are back to being simple, subtle, beautiful and the same time innovative, fresh and new. It's intimate, the lyrics are personal (sometimes too simple for my taste) and Guy is using a freaking Laser Harp during "Midnight" (he is producing it!).

Even though I am truly against playing new songs at the festivals, Coldplay might just have a brilliant, exciting and a gem with "Ghost Stories" on it's way.

So the album is not done yet...

Don´t they always tinker with it until the last minute? hehe Hard to let go of their baby and give it to us ;)

and Guy is using a freaking Laser Harp during "Midnight" (he is producing it!).

God I loved that thing! So it was actually playing music as well as showing laser lights? Wow I am impressed :) Can´t wait to see it live! Another thing I like about Coldplay is that it´s not all about the music. They always come up with new fun stuff for us to enjoy and discover at each tour :)

After two more new songs I'm getting a little bit afraid that GS is going to be my last favourite Coldplay album...

Same here... I don't want to judge too soon, but it's shaping up to be their weakest effort so far. It's too shallow, I dare say.

They are back to being simple, subtle, beautiful and the same time innovative, fresh and new. It's intimate, the lyrics are personal (sometimes too simple for my taste) and Guy is using a freaking Laser Harp during "Midnight" (he is producing it!).

That was amazing.

I really love the new songs but im sure they will sound a lot better on the record.

Don't really know if i will like this era's concerts. I mean, if all the new songs are in the same tempo as Magic, Midnight, Another's Arms and Always In My Head, the songs really are going to be overshadowed by the Viva and Mylo stadium hits.

Low key album, okay. Don't play those big stadium hits or do them in a low keyed version. Otherwise the new low key tracks will be overshadowed.

They do sound a bit jarring I must admit...I am sure they will work out a setlist that will put them in the proper order. After all they have been playing low key songs in their setlist before, like Scientist, Til Kingdom come or UATW. We will just have MORE low key songs this time around, but could you imagine a Charlie Brown low key version ? *cringes*

Low key album, okay. Don't play those big stadium hits or do them in a low keyed version. Otherwise the new low key tracks will be overshadowed.

Agreed, even last night the older hits were much more exciting to watch/listen to than the slower new songs. I mean there's nothing wrong with a slow song or two, but it really seems like this whole album is going to be slow.

thanks God for that

Too right! Plus I'm loving the whole rush of blood and parachutes vibe. Already a million times more excited for this than I was for MX.

Tthis sounding like music for elevators for me....

Coldplay isn't just VLV and MX I'm afraid.

Agreed, even last night the older hits were much more exciting to watch/listen to than the slower new songs. I mean there's nothing wrong with a slow song or two, but it really seems like this whole album is going to be slow.

It wont be. But even if is then so what? Its a direction a lot of the older fans were hoping for. How pompous and "exciting" do you want Coldplay to get?!