"O" is gonna be my favorite track!

joseki

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
[video=youtube;GNYnWOi9470]

I really do apologise but this is terrible. Just because there's no beat in the song why do some people feel the need to think it calls for a generic club land remix?

I mean, would you draw a moustache on the Mona Lisa?

Some people just don't get it. Dear oh dear oh dear.

I really do apologise but this is terrible. Just because there's no beat in the song why do some people feel the need to think it calls for a generic club land remix?

Lord have mercy. :sad:

I can truthfully say that O is the very first Coldplay song that has brought such strong emotion and tears to my eyes on first listen. Haunting piano, moving lyrics, and an outro that may as well reach out its arms to supply you with a kleenex. Chris' closure of the song had me feeling numb, but what really did it was the gorgeous outro that ended up putting Ghost Stories as a circular album. That was heartbreakingly well done.

O, for me, makes the album and compliments Ghost Stories beautifully.

People would nowadays draw a beard on Mona Lisa, to mimic the Eurovision winning freak. :dozey:

And I fully agree with you. I refuse to hear the remix because NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT DANCING IN THE CLUB!

People would nowadays draw a beard on Mona Lisa, to mimic the Eurovision winning freak. :dozey:

And I fully agree with you. I refuse to hear the remix because NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT DANCING IN THE CLUB!

don't think it's fair to call her a freak

Guest howyousawtheworld

Her/his act was not a plea for widening gender diversity (as some would desperately claim it to be) but rather a mere gimmick. She is exactly what she is - a man dressed up as a woman who has forgotten to shave. She didn't win it on a liberal/tolerant vote rather the basic 'LOL that transvestite has got a beard!' vote. The only genuinely talented act of the night were the pair from the Netherlands. It's always nice seeing a country take the standards of Eurovision up a notch instead of resorting to the generic euro trash that is consistently wrecked upon the continent. "It's fun and light hearted!" It sure is, but you also want to combine it with genuine talent! Only one act had such talent it seemed.

Anyway back to real music!

Her/his act was not a plea for widening gender diversity (as some would desperately claim it to be) but rather a mere gimmick. She is exactly what she is - a man dressed up as a woman who has forgotten to shave. She didn't win it on a liberal/tolerant vote rather the basic 'LOL that transvestite has got a beard!' vote. The only genuinely talented act of the night were the pair from the Netherlands. It's always nice seeing a country take the standards of Eurovision up a notch instead of resorting to the generic euro trash that is consistently wrecked upon the continent. "It's fun and light hearted!" It sure is, but you also want to combine it with genuine talent! Only one act had such talent it seemed.

Anyway back to real music!

i dont think that is fair at all, she is exactly what she wants to be that is what is so refreshing about her entry. It's a great thing that she won, it shows attitudes have changed and progressed to a point where something relatively rare and unusal is celebrated and accepted. It wasn't a gimmick, that's genuinely who she feels she is and there's nothing wrong with that!

Guest howyousawtheworld
i dont think that is fair at all, she is exactly what she wants to be that is what is so refreshing about her entry. It's a great thing that she won, it shows attitudes have changed and progressed to a point where something relatively rare and unusal is celebrated and accepted. It wasn't a gimmick, that's genuinely who she feels she is and there's nothing wrong with that!

I don't know the sincerity of her appearance and I'm not questioning that. I am questioning those who claim that she won on the basis that we were celebrating 'who she was'. It was a gimmick on their behalf I believe. The worst thing about it of course was that she continued the long line of bog standard Eurovision winners with instantly forgettable tunes. The only winning songs I remember in the last 15 years were Lordi's 'Hard Rock Hallelujah' and Katrina and the Waves' 'Love Shine A Light'.

Ugh, why do people even try to make a remix like that? Just shows how stupid some people are. I'm sorry, but people who only listen to music that they can dance to must be soulless.

I'm very open-minded about musical styles, but when you only listen to Techno/House day-in and day-out you're just missing something.

And regarding the ESC: I don't watch TV often but everything I've ever heard from that song contest was crappy generic music for the masses.

So I don't care who won, I didn't expect much anyway.

I decided to wait for listening to O until Monday when I have the real CD and stopped the stream after ASFOS, so this thread is killing me now :D I really loved Ink and especially True Love, and the album versions of the songs we already heard are also better somehow I might say. I already know that O will be the best song ever, I´m so looking forward to it and I´ll probably be crying like a baby.

"I wanna live life, never be cruel,

I wanna live life, be good to you.

I wanna fly, never come down,

Live my life, have friends around."

Fly On... the more I listen, the more I feel connected with that "I wanna fly, never come down"; when sometimes, it is too heavy, falling down, wings broken, still gether the strength to fly on...the opening piano part is really like some classical music...a self-encouraging statement of Chris:"Let's all fly on, till home, to home, from all the sorrows or regrets or pains...cause that's the innate power of your soul" - also a reminder of the opening part of Sigur Rós's Sæglópur and Flying images of Glósóli MV.

Beside to the 'Fly On Part' being the perfectness itself, the outro with Apple singing makes a beautiful ending to this album, feels just like the credits to a great movie. It creates the same feeling in me like The Escapist does, just like the curtains draw close and the light softly turns on in the cinema and you keep on rethinking everything in your head with complete satisfaction.

(The same feeling i had after i went out of the stadium in cologne 2012 while watching the last fireworks after they finished that great concert :D)

Nice description, I feel the very SAME:)

Beside to the 'Fly On Part' being the perfectness itself, the outro with Apple singing makes a beautiful ending to this album, feels just like the credits to a great movie. It creates the same feeling in me like The Escapist does, just like the curtains draw close and the light softly turns on in the cinema and you keep on rethinking everything in your head with complete satisfaction.

(The same feeling i had after i went out of the stadium in cologne 2012 while watching the last fireworks after they finished that great concert :D)