✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"O" is gonna be my favorite track!

joseki

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would've known joseki would predict the future. I think most would agree here that this song could be the best on the album and possibly their best closer. Really a beautiful song. Really excited to hear the rest of it.

I'm a bit confused. Is the "flock of birds" song O or Fly on? I can't remember what he said in the interview.

It doesn't really make much sense, but I think from my understanding from what Chris said is that Fly On is the beginning part and O is towards the end. Kind of weird I guess.

It doesn't really make much sense, but I think from my understanding from what Chris said is that Fly On is the beginning part and O is towards the end. Kind of weird I guess.

According to the Zane Lowe interview, that is indeed the case. The song is not titled as Fly On / O because Chris also said that the band is "done with the double titling".

no one?

A single is a type of release, typically a song recording of fewer tracks than an LP record or an album. In most cases, the single is a song that is released separately from an album, but it usually appears on an album. Often, these are the most popular songs from albums that are released separately for promotional uses such as digital download or commercial radio airplay. Sometimes singles are released as part of and EP (extended play). An LP, like when we were talking about LP6, is a Long Play. For example, when ETDIAW came out as a single, it was released as an EP, and the extended part comes in with the bonus track on the EP- Moving to Mars. Collectively this release was called Ever Teardrop is a Waterfall EP.

This song will probably be the new ''Amsterdam'' for me. And het has the potential of becoming the best CP song ever IMO :D Absolutely stunning...

I'm worried that since the Fly On part is so short that the rest of O won't be as good or too different. From my understanding he has his daughter and her friend on the track? That can't be too good, lol. I have no problem with him putting his kid on the track, but if they're singing then hell no.

I'm worried that since the Fly On part is so short that the rest of O won't be as good or too different. From my understanding he has his daughter and her friend on the track? That can't be too good, lol. I have no problem with him putting his kid on the track, but if they're singing then hell no.

OMG dont think that , its going to be brilliant.. that song is perfect! I actually cant wait to hear the part with his daughter because its so meaningful.

I don't think they're really singing lyrics. More ambient sounds in the background (Like the beginning of Charlie Brown) And in the interview you can hear a bit. I thnk it;s an instrumental part with them in the background. But I still have hope that O(Fly On) will feature at least 1 minute of instrumental music (drums and guitar) given the lyrics don't seem to be that much anymore (after the snippet we heard)

If you listen to the entire interview you can hear the part of O which is his daughter's singing and the ambient sounds. They sound heavenly, and I think you'll love it. I've already heard it, albeit a very short and low volume clip of it, but it also sounded amazing. It's basically the beginning synth sounds in AIMH just extended. I think I'm gonna love GS as much as VLVODAAHF because of the way it starts and begins with the same piece of music. And the fact that his daughter sang it made it even more meaningful.

I don't know why, but O reminds me another song, A smile that explodes by Joseph Arthur. I'm not saying that they are similar, absolutly not! Just it reminds me O. And what beautiful songs they are!

Guest howyousawtheworld
This will be one of my favourites. So beautiful yet so sad.

Definitely Kate. His sincere description of the song and how it was basically a pick me up message to himself makes it all the more heartbreaking.