✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"O" is gonna be my favorite track!

joseki

Less raw, more beautiful. Probably won't become a single, but will most likely become my favorite closing song, even beating out Amsterdam.

It's becoming more and more apparent to me that Ghost Stories is Coldplay's magnum opus-- their greatest achievement both critically and commercially. We may have ourself the equivalent of Achtung Baby on our hands here and potentially a few Grammys as well.

Man, you said my words :D This album will be their greatest release, for sure. And "O", gosh, it's simply amazing! "Sky" disapointed me, but in the end "O" save the day.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I'm going to be in the minority of people in the forums who REALLY loves O/Oceans/Midnight and also REALLY loves ASFOS/Magic, etc.

I just love Coldplay and they can't disappoint me. Especially not when they do what they love.

Well I'm in that minority too. I love Coldplay, no matter what style they pursue, they're very good at what they do.

I was worried about this album after hearing Magic and Midnight, and then Always In My Head and Another's Arms at the Itunes Festival.

But both Magic and Midnight have grown on me, and more recent live versions of AIMH and Another's Arms show they are actually pretty great tracks.

ASFOS is also great, and O is sounds like it could be a masterpiece. Ghost stories ftw.

When I listened to the preview of the song on the interview, it made me think of being on the top deck of a cruise ship at night. Looking out into the distance and seeing nothing because the only light source is the ship itself. So beautiful.

the melody seems to fit perfect with the hurt yet positivity of the song.. Its just magical and we've only heard a few seconds! Ive never had this type of reaction to a coldplay song this fast ..

After lurking for a while, I finally decided to create an account. Mostly because I wanted to say just how beautiful this song is. I have to say, I honestly didn't really like Oceans or A Sky Full of Stars (Granted I'll reserve full judgement until I hear the studio versions), and I was quite worried about how I would feel about the rest of the unheard tracks. That is, until now. This song completely regained all my love for the sound and style of this album that Oceans and A Sky Full of Stars (I'm just not a fan of EDM, and especially Avicii) didn't fulfill.

A 2 minute snippet and it's already shaping up to be one of my favorite Coldplay songs and one of the best songs of this year. You could really feel the emotions from Chris on this track. Not only is it a beautiful song, it's also a sad one. Especially hearing him choke up during the interview, you can tell these new songs mean something to him on a personal level. This is the first song that's ever caused me to tear up, I guess I just related to the song more than any song I've heard in a long while. Simple lyrics, yet so effective. I can't to hear it in full, I hope it's as every bit as beautiful as this preview.

Did anyone notice the Paradise melody again?! "And I always"

So now he has used that melody in Fun, Paradise, Midnight and O.

And by the way, a long time ago he said they wanted to create the perfect song. I think they're there with this one.

^LPxDBZ really agree - almost heard the choking as well; the behind energy [as he put, quite "colorful" - when so much is swirling together, words are somehow powerless to catch all that you feel; but sometimes, music can] of him talking about O is quite "present" - It is definitely one of the hardest processes to go through. The piano sound sounds like the raindrops falling down on the surface of the lake, or the effects of shimmering light when your eyes are full of tears, heart aching. The GS album is a gift/valuable memory to Chris personally, especially with the kids' part - indicating hope/support from the "innocence". I think he means to embrace everything in life and appreciate the painful/broken part as they are part of a full circle O too.

^LPxDBZ really agree - almost heard the choking as well; the behind energy [as he put, quite "colorful" - when so much is swirling together, words are somehow powerless to catch all that you feel; but sometimes, music can] of him talking about O is quite "present" - It is definitely one of the hardest processes to go through. The piano sound sounds like the raindrops falling down on the surface of the lake, or the effects of shimmering light when your eyes are full of tears, heart aching. The GS album is a gift/valuable memory to Chris personally, especially with the kids' part - indicating hope/support from the "innocence". I think he means to embrace everything in life and appreciate the painful/broken part as they are part of a full circle O too.

Awesome. Best review about O until now. I could not say any better:speechless::clap: