joseki

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
I don't like this song so much. It sounds a bit like Clocks to me :\

Really.....on both counts?

Yes. Don't know how to explain the Clocks thing, but that's what I feel after listening to it a lot of times.

I can see where you're coming from. Both Clocks and O are basically a constant scale throughout the entire song so similarities can be drawn even if they are different chords.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

I don't like this song so much. It sounds a bit like Clocks to me :\

That took a lot of courage to come here and say. But seriously, you may be the first person I've heard that doesn't like the song. Not that you're wrong or right, but just an observation.

lol

Srsly tho, its one thing to not like O in an O-centric thread but Clocks on top of that. Not debating the right/wrong-ness of that opinion, but its certainly a rare opinion.

"I wanna live life, never be cruel,

I wanna live life, be good to you.

I wanna fly, never come down,

Live my life, have friends around."

Fly On... the more I listen, the more I feel connected with that "I wanna fly, never come down"; when sometimes, it is too heavy, falling down, wings broken, still gether the strength to fly on...the opening piano part is really like some classical music...a self-encouraging statement of Chris:"Let's all fly on, till home, to home, from all the sorrows or regrets or pains...cause that's the innate power of your soul" - also a reminder of the opening part of Sigur Rós's Sæglópur and Flying images of Glósóli MV.

The fact that you're even relating Sigur Rós to Coldplay is awesome! More people/everyone needs to have heard of Sigur Rós lol

The fact that you're even relating Sigur Rós to Coldplay is awesome! More people/everyone needs to have heard of Sigur Rós lol

hmm, same flight feelings captured. If put Gravity and O together - a really good pair, and the meaning of Fly On could be felt more prominantly - maybe a progress from Gravity, even there is a difference/gap between "will fly with you" and "can fly with you". This song might be a good company for Chris, hence very personal as he indicated.

@jose, afraid not yet [or there is an O recording for the Film, but getting cut off in the final NBC release, same for UK version?], if so, a decision on how to present the children's voices? like to hear the Live though

@atlas2000, a natural connection, the song itself is quite Image connected, reminding me of the flight photos of birds in California I took too:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this song so much too! I don't know if it has influence from the old coldplay, but i like so much. :heart:

But I feel that this song is very much like "Up with the birds":mx:. Or at least the same thematic, but I think that is not bad, I really like both songs and they are very different, I think

:mx: :heart: :gs:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know why I never made this connection before, but O is also the title of an amazing album by Damien Rice. I knew the title of the song was familiar but for some reason I couldn't' remember until today when the song "Delicate" came on my shuffle!

Moral of the story: if you want more O, check out this album. Absolutely beautiful.

• 6 months later...