✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"O" is gonna be my favorite track!

joseki

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This song is absolutely beautiful. It's so emotional. It's even more incredible when you put it in context. Heartbreaking. I'm not proud of it but I was crying like a baby when I listened to it last night.

Well I'm proud of you ! haha :)

I've been crying a bit too, but it was a whole context with Chris starting to tear up and saying how tricky it was for him to listen to this one.

I can't wait to hear the full version of the studio track, from what we've heard of it it's going to be utterly beautiful. The piano is stunning, and I do think it sounds like being alone and night and looking up into the stars. And I think it will also mean even more to the fans who heard Chris get so emotional about it, because then it has that added emotional and personal resonance.

Another thing about this one, thematically it is very similar to Up With The Birds. In fact, it turns UWTB in to not only an absolutely stunning closing track but also a really good segue in to this record.

Coldplay's openers and closers (except for Twisted Logic maybe) are something very special.

When the opener starts, you know something unique is to come. See Life in Technicolor, see Politik, I mean, the entire album expectation is made up when these songs start and when the closers come, you know all of what you've predicted you'd feel, really happened and the closer comes to end it up epically. See Death and all His Friends, Amsterdam, O.

This thread's name was the biggest prediction the world has ever seen.

Oh man!

Is there anyone who has something bad to say about this song?

Nah, I know that's not anyone, just kidding.

Fly On is really amazing, wanna hear the whole thing soon! And also the O thing with Apple and her friend and the O Reprise thing with Moses?

Nice thread!

Guest howyousawtheworld

I'm astounded more wasn't written about this tune from the lucky few who attended their 360 sound stage recording. From what we've heard, it's phenomenal.

I listened to the interview again this morning and I cried when I listened to this song. Devastatingly beautiful. A masterpiece. Might be my favorite Coldplay song ever once I hear the full studio version.

I must admit, it made me tear up as well. Possibly the most beautiful song Chris has ever written!

If i listen to the minute of this song one more time Im gonna break my computer.. Everything about this is just beautiful. Im really amazed at how perfectly the melody goes with it though it gives it a pure , hopeful feeling ..