✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

True Love

Tash

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be bullshit but we know that Another's arm is already available there as there is "success bar" filled in itunes Indonesia so why not true love ?

That's why I checked their iTunes. The popularity bar for True Love is at zero

Wait wait!!! Is there Another's Arms studio version aviable?!? Where???

Was released early a month ago (by accident I heard). They aren't sharing and its not on Youtube, torrent or anything.

So there was a bit of the song on Youtube, but the user deleted it? A shame, I never got to listen to it. Why bother uploading it in the first place if you're just going to delete it? It's the same damn case as ASFOS. Ether upload it for good or don't bother.

But anyone listened the studio version of Another's Arms?

Yes, there's also a few clips on instagram. Check the actually Another's Arms thread

So there was a bit of the song on Youtube, but the user deleted it? A shame, I never got to listen to it. Why bother uploading it in the first place if you're just going to delete it? It's the same damn case as ASFOS. Ether upload it for good or don't bother.

Maybe the user was bombarded with hate to remove it....like ASFOS

What Coldplay would you compare it to sound wise?

it's like they have done before, rhytm is so laid back yet very powerfull, it's certainly the song that will be remembered long after the hype around the album. Somehow, it just feels like a Coldplay classic, like Scientist, or Viva la Vida, but in it's own unique sound.

sorry - it's not like the songs they have done before, that's wehat i wanted to say

And, for me, somehow this song is Coldplay version of James Bong song, to me it makes sense althought it may seem like a stupid thing to say

more like Skyfall, and that song is the closest to Lhuna the song Coldplay recorded with Kylie, it has some kind of vibe that these song have, although True love has different melody to those song, but the atmosphere resembles, orchestra in the background. But the beat is great, Will's drumming is perfect and Chris sings it effortlessly. For me, it's the best song from the album so far.

That sounds awesome, and no worries, I won't hold you to it. I think I know what you mean though, James Bond songs tend to be very dark sonically and very orchestral, which matches the lyrics and your description perfectly. I really look forward to this song now. Thanks for the description.

That really bother me to be honest I feel like all Coldplay fans are not treated equaly , I mean :

Some songs (like true love , asfos before ect) are performed live for a privileged audience (the one who bought the tickets) when some other don't have the money to buy the ticket , didn't succeed in having tickets , leave in other countries than when the shows are taking place .

In my point of view the best way they could have make it is either if you going to play it live accept that some other fan want to listen to it . Or let the song be heard only when it's officially released .

( OF COURSE i don't blame the people who were at the shows , i'm really glad and happy for you )

Guest howyousawtheworld
That really bother me to be honest I feel like all Coldplay fans are not treated equaly , I mean :

Some songs (like true love , asfos before ect) are performed live for a privileged audience (the one who bought the tickets) when some other don't have the money to buy the ticket , didn't succeed in having tickets , leave in other countries than when the shows are taking place .

In my point of view the best way they could have make it is either if you going to play it live accept that some other fan want to listen to it . Or let the song be heard only when it's officially released .

( OF COURSE i don't blame the people who were at the shows , i'm really glad and happy for you )

I understand your frustration especially when you consider that not everyone lives in some of the biggest cities in the world where these gigs are being held. When you consider that these are possibly the only gigs in promotion of the album then I can see why it riles some people. It would have been nice if they had taken the show/tour exclusively to parts of the world where they'd never performed before.

That was “True Love,” which Mr. Martin described as the band’s favorite song it had ever written. He asked that everyone put their camera phones away and not record it, so that it didn’t leak to YouTube, and so that it could be just a moment shared between artist and fan.

He did not request a vow of silence from music critics, though, so here goes: “True Love” is eerie and uncomfortable, a literal begging. “I wish you could have let me know/What’s really going on below/I’ve lost you now, you let me go.” At the chorus, Mr. Martin sings earnestly and without pride, “Tell me you love me/If you don’t then lie,” dragging that last word out but putting no power behind it.

Onstage, Will Champion played slo-mo prizefight percussion, and Jonny Buckland’s guitar lines near the end were dry and needy. But in total, the song lacks the pomp — nay, the arrogance — that has been Coldplay’s calling card, and its saving grace.

uhhh-ohhh :anxious: On the other hand, NYT hasn't exactly been a supporter of Coldplay by any means. And since when is Coldplay arrogant? I take it this writer doesn't know them well

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/07/arts/music/coldplay-unveils-new-songs-at-the-beacon-theater.html?_r=0

It's the timing that didn't work for me. It's the end of the school year, I have AP exams and finals coming up, most of the shows are on weeknights, and I'd have to travel half way across the country to get to the show if I even got tickets. I'm fine with only some lucky people getting to go to shows though. It would be worse if they weren't doing any shows and we knew nothing until the day the album came out. I enjoy the hype

more like Skyfall, and that song is the closest to Lhuna the song Coldplay recorded with Kylie, it has some kind of vibe that these song have, although True love has different melody to those song, but the atmosphere resembles, orchestra in the background. But the beat is great, Will's drumming is perfect and Chris sings it effortlessly. For me, it's the best song from the album so far.

If it's the best from album so far must be truly amazing.