✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

True Love

Tash

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timbaland? Where did we learn this from? I swear that man's name has ended up in every single artists discography, notably Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado, Jay-Z, and (ew) OneRepublic, which is pretty diverse.

That fact makes me a little less worried, but he is mostly a hip-hop/R&B producer. Hope it isn't true.

The BBC interview today I believe.

I'm getting really sick of coldplay just bringing other artists to help make songs. Rhianna, aviccii, Timbaland. Getting a little ridiculous! Usually the songs that have help from other artists are my least favorite.

True, Only Jon Hopkins has good influence on tracks from Coldplay.

TIMBALAND DID A BASS DRUMLINE. CAN A BASS DRUMLINE RUIN A SONG?

Sorry for the caps, but my god, we've heard 7/9 tracks already. If you like what you've heard, chances are you'll like these songs. Vice versa if you don't like them. Besides, if Coldplay are going for the RnB beat, I'd rather a pro do it then say one of the technicians.

TIMBALAND DID A BASS DRUMLINE. CAN A BASS DRUMLINE RUIN A SONG?

Sorry for the caps, but my god, we've heard 7/9 tracks already. If you like what you've heard, chances are you'll like these songs. Vice versa if you don't like them. Besides, if Coldplay are going for the RnB beat, I'd rather a pro do it then say one of the technicians.

To begin with, that's an unfounded assumption. :thinking: If I'd heard all of the songs on MX except Paradise and PoC and just assumed I'd like the last two because I liked the other twelve, I really couldn't be more wrong. In addition, a song is a delicate arrangement of disparate elements and all it takes is one element of the song to derail it, case in point the lyrics in Another's Arms when everything else about it is fantastic. If you don't believe percussion can (not always does) make or break a song, listen to When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. :drummer: And even if you don't buy that, there's also the matter of principle. If they brought in Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber to provide backing vocals for a song, even if I couldn't tell it was them, the fact that they were on the album to begin with based on what they represent would be a travesty.

To begin with, that's an unfounded assumption. :thinking: If I'd heard all of the songs on MX except Paradise and PoC and just assumed I'd like the last two because I liked the other twelve, I really couldn't be more wrong. In addition, a song is a delicate arrangement of disparate elements and it doesn't take much to derail it, case in point the lyrics in Another's Arms when everything else about it is awesome. If you don't believe percussion can (not always does) make or break a song, listen to When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin. :drummer: And even if you don't buy that, there's also the matter of principle. If they brought in Miley Cyrus or Justin Bieber to provide backing vocals for a song, even if I couldn't tell it was them, the fact that they were on the album to begin with based on what they represent would be a travesty.

You make a fair point. I just really don't think that this is a big deal and lately, little things like this are making people doubt songs. GS has yet to disappoint me and I personally think Timbaland makes pretty good beats. I mean, he does it for a living. He didn't even produce the track. Perhaps I overreacted at the overreacting people. Idk, but I simply cannot imagine this song (with a Jonny solo no less) will be ruin by a bass drumline. I won't say that it cant happen. I just think its unlikely.

You make a fair point. I just really don't think that this is a big deal and lately, little things like this are making people doubt songs. GS has yet to disappoint me and I personally think Timbaland makes pretty good beats. I mean, he does it for a living. He didn't even produce the track. Perhaps I overreacted at the overreacting people. Idk, but I simply cannot imagine this song (with a Jonny solo no less) will be ruin by a bass drumline. I won't say that it cant happen. I just think its unlikely.

I'm not a fan of his, but I've certainly heard both better and worse. That's a good point, Johnny solos do make everything in life better. Part of my fear stems from how he took the original Apologize by OneRepublic and turned it into a steamlined mess, replacing their unique beat with a generic one and stripping out much of the violin. But as you said, it is only the bass drum and not production of the whole song. I suppose only time will tell. Don't let me down Will. :will:

I almost had a panic attack and started crying when I read this. The only saving grace is that OneRepublic's first two albums are pretty great, so there's some hope this won't be an absolute travesty

You started crying because on 1 song out of 9 they worked with a RnB producer, without even having heard the song or at that point knowing any of the lyrics?

Wow, I really like it. I'm really starting to like the lyrics for Ghost Stories, they're so simple yet so effective. I'm really curious as to what this will sound like. This song now has my full interests. Ugh, May 16th/19th needs to come a lot sooner.

You started crying because on 1 song out of 9 they worked with a RnB producer, without even having heard the song or at that point knowing any of the lyrics?

Almost, good sir or ma'am. You're quite right though, the lyrics are great. It just makes me that much more worried he could mess up what otherwise would be an incredible song. :thinking: I mean, after all, ASFoS sounds really great without Avicii in it, I fear that kind of an outcome.