✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris and Gwyneth announced their separation

Tash

I haven't read the whole thread so i don't know if anyone has posted this but i am sort of angry at her (it's funny and kind of silly how regular folks like us can get angry at celebrities) because i'm sure she cheated on him, i don't think that those Vanity Fair rumours were whipped out of someone's imagination just for the hell of it, my theory is that they were going through a rough patch and she cheated and i think that's where Another's Arms came from...

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to feel sad about something that I always saw was a separate bubble to the Coldplay sphere. Ok, it was a relationship that inspired songs like Fix You but the press attention and persistant talk and obsession of the pair never interested me in the slightest. Regardless whether they are just a normal couple or two entertainment superstars you always feel sorry for any marriage break up especially when there are kids involved.

Intriguing what divorce can bring out in musicians though. The Winner Takes It All and all that....Ghost Stories?

Speaking of Abba, I remember the shock when Bjorn and Agnetha announced their divorce like it was yesterday. I was very young at the time, but they were role-models to me and to a lot of people. They were so pretty and sweet together. And although they were parents, and had the best intentions, having new partners brought disagreements. As Bjorn puts it, if i put it correctly, a divorce only knows losers. I wish Chris, Gwyneth and their kids lots of strength, love and wisdom and hope they stay happy as a family.

I'm not gonna add anything new to this discussion, everything has been said before.

But nevertheless, I want to express my shock about this. It's very sad and I wish them all the best.

It made me realize how little we really know about what they are actually going through. According to the recent pictures and reports, they were a happy couple and now, all of a sudden, this!

I was disappointed about the fact that there might be no tour for GS, but knowing this, I understand and accept it...

Feel bad for the kids but I am happy for Chris because he seemed miserable for the longest. Goop gal seem insufferable and their ideals dont seem to mesh well from what ive seen. I dont know though. I really dont see how they ended up together in the first place. There wedding was a shotgun wedding, no? I think its funny people are so shocked. Speculation about turbulence in their relationship have been rampant for the past few years. Its only a separation though, so we'll see. Maybe they will work it out. Maybe not. I just hope some great music come out of it.

i dont really understand the point that as aresult of the break up there will be no tour..... Surely he will want to get out on the road and tour it as much as possible as that is what he loves. He may want to chill now but he will be advised to tour as he will want to conentrate on it rather than women.

I haven't read the whole thread so i don't know if anyone has posted this but i am sort of angry at her (it's funny and kind of silly how regular folks like us can get angry at celebrities) because i'm sure she cheated on him, i don't think that those Vanity Fair rumours were whipped out of someone's imagination just for the hell of it, my theory is that they were going through a rough patch and she cheated and i think that's where Another's Arms came from...

So you think you got it all figured out after you heard a rumor from Vanity Fair? Congrats, you're everything that's wrong with the tabloids and their legions of mindless followers. You don't think someone whipped out a rumor just for the hell of it and that it's a manufactured lie just to spark interest? Just look at Coldplay's own history to see how wrong that is (Coldplay is going on a 3 year hiatus, Coldplay is quitting, Chris is leaving Coldplay to go solo, etc). It isn't the paps' job to tell the news, it's their job to sell papers.

Also, your opinion on her has nothing to do with anything. Have you actually met her? I don't know a thing about her actually, and I myself have not met her nor even seen one her movies. What I do know is she made Chris happy enough to start a family together and that's plenty enough for me.

^ Not to mention how many times Chris himself have been rumored to have cheated. Most recently with Alexa Chung. No one can judge either of them, we were not in the marriage, but I think and hope they keep it as classy as they are now for the kids. I'm sad about it, and I'm sure they are more so than us, but c'est la vie.

^ Not to mention how many times Chris himself have rumored to have cheated. Most recently with Alexa Chung. No one can judge either of them, we were not in the marriage, but I think and hope they keep it as classy as they are now for the kids. I'm sad about it, and I'm sure they are more so than us, but c'est la vie.

They've been classy for the duration of their relationship and even with this separation they've kept it classy (as classy as a hollywood separation can go at least) and I expect more of the same from here on out. It's just a shame when fans have to stoop to the level of idiocy (and classLESSness) usually reserved for the press. I expect that kind of behaviour from general fans of entertainers/hollywood (which is why I avoid them) but to see it from some people on a forum whose association is with Coldplay is disappointing to say the least.

Well I mean, they can still hang out together right? It's not like there went up a 300 feet high wall between the two of them and they can never see each other again :uhoh:

Maybe a break will help them to see things differently and give them more space to breathe. And from this message they posted they both will continue rasing their children so it all seems very friendly/hopeful to me.

But then I again I know nothing, same as all of you, so we just have to sit down and see what the future will bring.

Ditto Batman....

Probably a stupid question, but it states they are separating does that automatically mean divorce? Lots of ppl separate if they need time but it seems they have taken the time to figure it out. Now im wondering about that .

Probably a stupid question, but it states they are separating does that automatically mean divorce? Lots of ppl separate if they need time but it seems they have taken the time to figure it out. Now im wondering about that .

It might become a little bit more clear if you read the article that was posted with the announcement.

Ugh I literally got a stabbing pain in my heart when you sais cmon love, stay with me :cry:. All morning I had "See You Soon" playing in my head.

This sucks. It made the 6 o clock news in Australia, and I hated seeing every second of it.

Come on love... Stay with me...

For what it's worth, she was quoted recently as saying there was no way she wants the kids to be teenagers in Los Angeles. She said she wanted them to go to upper school in England. So we'll see. The whole family is used to being pretty trans-Atlantic at this point, so maybe they can keep a family life going in some way.

yeah i just read it , I think its actually quite an interesting way of looking at it ! Makes me believe more ppl should view divorce like that . Make a new positive chapter in your life with the other person just in a different way .. GS has now sparked my interest so much more .. It will be interesting to see how everything on a professional level plays out this year.. I think this album is really going to pull at the heartstrings!

Goop.com is still not working; there was a post on there a few weeks ago that made me suspicious...she posted a pic of her legs and floor in what looked like a restaurant, and you could see a man's legs approaching, and GP said "Out on a limb". Something about it made me think she was potentially on a date...?

this is heartbreaking. supposed excerpt from true love:

Best of all was “True Love,” which married Coldplay’s loveliest melody to date—a vertiginous, asymmetrical, absolutely exquisite piece of writing—to a soul-baring set of lyrics by Martin. “Say that you love me,” he pleaded again and again, presumably to Paltrow. “If you don’t, lie to me.”

link

all the lyrics i've seen so far to me is from a perspective of a man really trying to make a relationship work. makes me think that maybe gwyneth wanted out. but who knows. all we have is a (hopefully) wonderful record coming out. and everything else is basically speculation.

I'm not usually one to care about celebrity relationships and what not because I don't really see it as any of my business, but I just wanted to say that I was actually quite shocked when I heard about this. I was half thinking it might come out that it was a false rumor or something, but nope. Kind of sad about it actually. I may not know either of them personally, but if there's one thing Chris is known for its love songs and the idea of him losing his muse is just very sad to me. And plus the GS songs we've heard so far seem to really give us a glimpse into his heart right now. It's just weird knowing one of your biggest inspiration is probably in a lot of pain right now. Hopefully everything turns out alright, for both Chris and Gwyn but especially the kids. I'm sure Chris knows that fans like us are there for him :)

http://eprotoeu.mtiny.com/article.ftl?id=525362&cc=ND

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

You know what

I think we're making a really big emotional fuzz out of this.

They still hang out together, they still care for each other, they still care for their children, and they can still stand each other enough to fly to a freaking ISLAND and chill around there.

The new lyrics might be heartbreaking, but I can imagine that they were from sometime last year where Chris was maybe way more affected than he is now. You know, maybe he's already in a very settled, accepting state of mind right now (and maybe Gwyneth too) and made this decision final by uncoupling.

Just my two cents~

I'm actually pretty over it, I mean their relationship seems the same for me, the only difference is that they won't have any physical interaction anymore and they won't live under the same roof anymore, but hey, they seem happier than ever when they are together, we should actually appreciate how they remain true to themselves