✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris and Gwyneth announced their separation

Tash

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks. It made the 6 o clock news in Australia, and I hated seeing every second of it.

Come on love... Stay with me...

I saw that too :( I have listened to Magic now since the announcement and it has a whole new meaning to it.

If US Weekly is to be believed, Chris and Gwyneth are actually in Bahamas now together.

Very, very sad indeed for all concerned . Especially their beautiful children. Let's hope they can continue to treat each other with respect, at least in front of their children. Divorce is the hardest thing one can go through. Is heartbreaking. Chris is a devoted family man and his kids mean the world to him. Hope everyone can respect their privacy, and Chris..... ***waves** when you're ready to date again, I'll wash your socks and scrub your back in the shower. X

Waking up to this news hasn't exactly put me in the best of moods; I feel sad for Chris. For all the beautiful pieces of music he and his bandmates have produced for fans like us, songs that means so much to us all, I just wish I could give something back to him right now! The whole complexion of Ghost Stories now makes much more sense. The song titles, the mood of the album and the lyrics. Songs such as 'Always In My Head' and 'Another's Arms' tell you everything. It seems very much a personal album to Chris; I understand it and love it even more now!

Sending my best wishes to Chris wherever he is in the world right now, because Chris and Coldplay are Always in My Head!

I am so sad about this, really. I really thought that this marriage would last.

I wish that this was posted on 1 April so that it had been an April's fool, but no.

I remember at the award show where Atlas lost to U2's Ordinary Love (from the Mandela movie), but Chris Martin's name was acknowledged by U2 - where there was a photo where they looked like a couple just before splitting up, but then there was another where they talked to each other and then smiled, so I thought / hoped that everything was well.

But I have full confidence that they will deal with this in a good way also for the sake of their lovely children.

But still - I wish that it were 1 April today (and not true). I wish them all the best in the future as I have also done in the past.

Absolutely devastating news and i'm really saddened. Although I must say from the very beginning I always expected this all along. I just feel really worried for Chris and hope it doesn't affect the band's music.

Extremely bad timing since the album is released in less than two months. Lets all pray Chris pull through this.

I think for us its important to focus on the positives here. For startes she didn't become the Yoko Ono of Coldplay. And secondly what the separation means now is Chris will return home and spend all his time where the rest of the band are. Plus he can distance himself from some of the people he has associated with so all in all we may witness a Chris Martin of the year 2001 again!

Sad news to start the day :(

I guess we can kiss our hopes of a tour goodbye, at least for now. I was thinking about a brakeup/problems when i first heard the new songs but still, this is unexpected news. All the best to them.

Sent via Tapatalk

I wonder if this is influencing the way Ghost Stories is being promoted. Maybe Chris will try to avoid many interviews in order not to be subject to annoying questions regarding his private life.

I read this in fox news. who knows if it's true but i can see that happening.

A source connected to Martin said he already determined – long before the official break-up announcement – that he would not be doing any press to promote the new release, which slated to hit shelves and the digital market on May 19.

We’re also told that Martin considers this latest musical offering to be the “most personal” to date, perhaps inspired in large part by his marriage troubles. The first single, “Magic” which debuts this month seems to point to the notion of a split.

link