✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris and Gwyneth announced their separation

Tash

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the reports that I have read point out to the fact that GP apparently had two affairs in recent times. Hopefully this is not true.

I feel really sad for Apple, Moses and Chris and Gwyneth. However, thinking selfishly, what worries me most is that this event will have some influence on the band and its music.

Ending a relationship is a hard thing anyway but how it is being in their position with the whole world looking on I cannot imagine. They will have to endure a lot of media-bullshit now - the boulevard-press taking apart their private life, looking for affairs, tying them up with whoever they are standing next to for longer than a minute - I dread what they will have to face and really feel for them!

This is sad news for the family. No one knows what went on behind the scenes, we all project what we wish to be true onto people we admire. I think things have been hard for them for a number of years. I always thought it telling when Gwyneth said in an interview years back, "“Sometimes it’s hard being with someone for a long time. We go through periods that aren’t all rosy,” the actress told Elle. “I always say, life is long and you never know what’s going to happen. If, God forbid, we were ever not to be together, I respect him so much as the father of my children. Like, I made such a good choice. He’s such a good dad. You can never be relaxed or smug and think, ‘I’ve got this thing.’ That’s also part of it: keeping yourself on your toes. I’m not going to take this for granted.” That was 2011 according to this site: http://www.freep.com/article/20140326/ENT07/303260078/Gwyneth-Paltrow-Chris-Martin-split-Were-the-signs-there-

Anyway, it was a sweet fairy tale beginning, as all our love relationships begin. As their personalities emerged, past the fairy tale image of the two, I could see they were very different sorts of people. Their relationship was significant to them and their children, and will continue to be as it changes into something new. I have the sense they will be amicable, and do the right things as parents. They will come out of it just fine.

It's very sad for the kids. I hope they will be OK through all of this and that Gwyneth and Martin are able to keep those relationships open and as normal as possible. As for Paltrow, I personally can't stand her. I won't go on a bashing binge or anything like that, but I just don't like her at all. Think she's a nutcase. Regardless as said I hope all goes well for the both of them and that the kids will not get too hurt throughout this process, and also hope it's a quiet and quick process. It's Martin, so I doubt this stretches on for ages or gets ugly.

So I thought after sleeping that this subject would be out of my head ! It has not left me. I really wish them the best . I dunno why but I get a sense from the photo they posted ( how many ppl post a happy photo of themselves and put divorce in the same sentence , obviously this has been well decided thing between them ) and the way they expressed there separation it leads me to believe that we will see them being really close friends and a very family atmosphere still . I feel guilty for having opinions and thoughts on it as we don't kno them at all personally and they like any normal couple need their privacy , it's just hard when u follow someone's music / passion so closely to not be upset or feel like u want all the info .. I think this will be different then a lot of breakups we have seen, I really respect how they let us all know and how they worded the statement . Now I'm gonna try not to post about this anymore .. Knowing ur better apart then married is a big deal and I'm sure they r still hurt over the actual realness of it . I wish them all the happiness. I think we are going to see something special on the way this is handled .. Now to get on with my life lol

I heard they were in the Bahamas together as well to prove that they would still be a family to the kids and to avoid the fallout. Plus it said that Chris bought her one of the bird paintings to mark the new chapter in their lives. Who knows if it's true. I think it was a Daily Mail article...sorry Tash. I know I should back up what I say, and I will look for the link after work.

edit: Okay the painting thing might be debunked.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>The story that Chris Martin bought Mila Furstova's Dove as a gift has been made up by the media because Gwyneth posted the image on Goop.</p>— Album Artists (@AlbumArtists) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbumArtists/statuses/448843987496222720">March 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I know it's stupid and I don’t know them personally, but I am sad. :cry: I believed they will stay together forever (like Bono or Bon Jovi with their wives).

I feel sorry for whole family, press is horrible.

And Ghost Stories will have new, sadder meaning for me... I really hope there will be tour.

He told the crowd at the show on Sunday that Ghost Stories was very personal to him, and now, as we all know, it makes sense. I don't know how he did it, but he is the ultimate professional, and put on a fabulous show. His interaction with the crowd was phenomenal - I've never seen him that interactive before, and I know he could totally feel the love there.

I cried when I listened to Magic this morning. "Can't get over you.... don't want anybody else but you...." :(

I have a feeling that Gwyneth wants out of the marriage. She has said in interview that it's hard staying marry for so long. Maybe she wants to feel the passion of falling in love again. Sometimes when you are together with someone for a longtime, the passion is gone and that person becomes more of friend/ family. It's just my opinion. How can she let go of such a nice husband???

I've never been so sad about celebrities breakup. Feel kind of silly but that's how I feel.

i was just thinkig about the fact that now that chris is moving out and maybe coming back in england needs to learn how to cook for real this time

Up in flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaames~

Sorry :shame:

His interaction with the crowd was phenomenal - I've never seen him that interactive before, and I know he could totally feel the love there.

I admire his control of emotiones, I mean, he didn't even get a tiny little bit teary eyed from what I've read. That poor fella!

I've never been so sad about celebrities breakup. Feel kind of silly but that's how I feel.

Same here, I feel rather silly for being this moved by their breakup, but these feels came out of nowhere and now I can't shake them off!! :bigcry:

I doubt he will move back to London. I'm thinking they will stay close together . Who knows lol I said I wasn't gonna comment anymore .. I still think they will end up together again lol

Well I mean, they can still hang out together right? It's not like there went up a 300 feet high wall between the two of them and they can never see each other again :uhoh:

Maybe a break will help them to see things differently and give them more space to breathe. And from this message they posted they both will continue rasing their children so it all seems very friendly/hopeful to me.

But then I again I know nothing, same as all of you, so we just have to sit down and see what the future will bring.