✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[1-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Jenjie

It would be good if the tickets were only available to UK residents. There would be a better chance of getting tickets.

A tad selfish don't you think? We should be fortunate that Coldplay play in our country so many times in comparison to some other countries, even continents (I'm thinking South America!!). They're obviously from the UK so we're lucky in that respect :). I feel for those who probably will never see them in their country. I have empathy for them. They shouldn't have to miss out :)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, does anybody have a seating plan for this specific concert? And, let me get this right, they all say seats apart from Gallery. Does that mean there's no 'official' standing :/ ? Thanks.

EDIT: I've got this one (http://www.royalalberthall.com/visit/seating-plan/default.aspx) from the Albert Hall website and its pretty useful. Still unsure if there's officially any standing or not in the Arena section though.

To my knowledge there will be no free standing. Instead, the hall provides arena though and that price is freaking high! :( :(

Thanks for letting us know. I have done a couple times on ticketmaster but not on gigsandtours, I hope it will run smoothly when buying the tickets ;)

A tad selfish don't you think? We should be fortunate that Coldplay play in our country so many times in comparison to some other countries, even continents (I'm thinking South America!!). They're obviously from the UK so we're lucky in that respect :). I feel for those who probably will never see them in their country. I have empathy for them. They shouldn't have to miss out :)

I suppose it was a bit of a selfish comment, I know that people are allowed to buy tickets irrespective of where they come from. I should be grateful that I've had the privilege of seeing them three times before, once at Royal Albert Hall in 2003. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I hope that people trying to buy from abroad have success on either Wednesday or Friday.

I really want to go to this but airfare from NY to LDN is so expensive and I am but a wee lass with a shitty retail job :/ It's 6 days before my birthday too which is such a bummer. Good luck to everyone who is trying for them :D

To my knowledge there will be no free standing. Instead, the hall provides arena though and that price is freaking high! :( :(

Thanks for letting us know. I have done a couple times on ticketmaster but not on gigsandtours, I hope it will run smoothly when buying the tickets ;)

The price for boxes is the highest at an eye watering £135 a ticket:o

The gallery is unreserved standing. You get quite a good view from up there.

Ffs, I meant Friday, sorry for the confusion :laugh3:

Ok, so does anyone know any tricks or tips on gigs and tours for Friday morning? :)

Speaking from experience so far with the GS tour tickets, here is my personal guide to getting tickets for London!

- Use more than one computer (I used two computers for NYC, one computer for Germany, got through on both, both times. One was a Mac and one was a Windows if you were wondering what I used.)

- Make sure if you have slow internet that you connect your computer to your modem via Ethernet cable. Quit all the applications on your computer to boost your processor speed. This helps a lot! If the ticket site is going slow and you know your internet is Speedy Gonzales, it's probably the websites servers not being able to take the pressure. *Under Pressure by Queen plays in the distance*

- Depending on the website, some will let you use 2 browsers per computer (Ticketmaster says they'll deny your purchase if you use for example Chrome and Safari on one computer, check the ticket website for info on that)

- Recruit people to help you! But also on the same note, stay on the same wavelength with them when the tickets go on sale, so you don't end up having 5 people buy 2 tickets each if only 2 people are going :laugh3:

- I suggest using an online world clock and refreshing at (for example, if the tickets go on sale at 10:00:00am) 9:59:59 on one browser or computer and 10:00:00 on the other. This helped me a lot because when it comes to telling the time, even if you have it set to automatic time, computers can be BIG FAT LIARS! :veryangry2:

- If possible, sign up for an account on the ticket website and enter all your CC info beforehand, that way, if you get tickets, you're not wasting time and fumbling for your CC while the website counter ticks before your tickets are released back into the wild world.

- Take a natural sleep aid the night before tickets go on sale. This is a very important one in my opinion, and I'm totally serious about this. I was nervous at least a week before. There was vomiting. There were cold sweats. There were nightmares (a lot of them). My mother offered to take me to the hospital at least twice. I got MAYBE 6 hours of sleep from Friday night to Thursday morning. If you take medicine for anxiety, TAKE 2. Do whatever you need to calm yourself, because you WILL be nervous and it WILL stifle your chances of getting tickets if you can't keep your hands still a minute before they go on sale because you're shaking with anxiety. It probably seems like I'm making this look like the olympics, but it's really important that you don't feel like you're gonna blow chunks all over your computer 5 minutes before tickets go on sale. :confused:

- If you get tickets, congrats! For the GS shows so far, it's been incredibly hard to get through. However, if not, KEEP REFRESHING. Do not quit. Stay at your computer for 2 hours refreshing, and keep checking back for at least a week or two, because tickets will get canceled and re-released, and you need to get those tickets because you DESERVE THEM, damnit. Also bringing me to another point....

- Call the venue as much as possible. Before they go on sale, while they're on sale, after they're sold out. Make them loathe your voice. Call them so much you learn their name and the names of everyone in their family. Organise a play-date with your children and theirs. Call them so much they take out a restraining order on you. You never know when tickets will be re-released and you want to get those ones ASAP, and sometimes the venue has some at Will Call. Hey, you might make a new BFF while you're at it, you never know.

- Be as calm as you possibly can, and BELIEVE IN YOURSELF ♡

Aaaaand that's my guide! PM me if you have any questions (whether it be my internet provider/speed, what browsers I used, etc) and I'll be beyond ecstatic to answer them :D Hope I helped some of you!

- Call the venue as much as possible. Before they go on sale, while they're on sale, after they're sold out. Make them loathe your voice. Call them so much you learn their name and the names of everyone in their family. Organise a play-date with your children and theirs.

I just sprayed water through my NOSE :lol::laugh3::laugh3:

Thanks felinegurl, great post! You helped a lot. All of my questions now have some answers. I'm really nervous about it. Already booked my flight and hostel and everything. It's hard as hell going UK from Turkey. All those procedures...

Thanks felinegurl, great post! You helped a lot. All of my questions now have some answers. I'm really nervous about it. Already booked my flight and hostel and everything. It's hard as hell going UK from Turkey. All those procedures...

No problem, I'm beyond glad I could help! If you have any more questions feel free to ask :) I bet, that's probably so frustrating and annoying! I hope you get tickets!

What the the first seats after the floor ones? The tiered seat ones?

The central arena seats are £93, next are the stalls at £93 also, then you're on the 3 rows of boxes - £135. Then you're in the Circle £82, then out to the Gallery £49. On the plan there are also some restricted view seats at £71.

On the RAH web site there's a seating plan which shows clearly all the different sections clearly.

Good Luck to everyone today.

The central arena seats are £93, next are the stalls at £93 also, then you're on the 3 rows of boxes - £135. Then you're in the Circle £82, then out to the Gallery £49. On the plan there are also some restricted view seats at £71.

On the RAH web site there's a seating plan which shows clearly all the different sections clearly.

Good Luck to everyone today.

if i cant get arena or central then im just going to go for box... i think they are less likely to go than the rest.

also is arena going to be seated or standing? would get more people in if it was standing im guessing

If anyone buys gallery standing tickets I recommend getting to the Albert hall about 2 hours or so before the doors open (if you're able to). I went to a concert in April and got there just as the doors were opening and I had difficulty finding a good place. Fortunately I did in the end but I wouldn't recommend taking that risk.